Drive, pitch and putt
FOLSOM — Jaden Dumdumaya did some things well and other things superbly in cruising to a 20-point victory in the Drive, Putt and Chip local competition at Empire Ranch Golf Club, Monday.
By finishing in the top three in his 7-9 age division, Dumdumaya, 8, advanced to a sub-regional competition at Emerald Lakes Golf Course in Elk Grove on Aug. 9.
That’s followed by a regional meet at Torrey Pines Golf Course in San Diego with a trip to Augusta National in Georgia at stake.
Each competitor has three drives, three chips and three putts with a possible 25 points available on each try, 75 points possible in each discipline and 225 points possible for a perfect score.
Dumdumaya finished with 105 points, 20 more than Justin Leong of Folsom. Garrett Harrison of Mather was third with 84. He would’ve finished third in the 10-11 division, sixth in the 12-13 division and fourth in the 14-15 division.
“it’s a pretty cool event,” said Stan Dumdumaya, Jaden’s dad. “It was his first time seeing a lot of the kids. He was seeing a lot of kids from the Sacramento area he plays tournament golf with.”
Jaden Dumdumaya did best in chipping, finishing first with 50 points, followed by 35 points (tied for sixth) in putting and 20 in driving (third). No other competitor did better than 16 points in all three categories.
“Jaden did really well in the chipping part,” said Stan Dumdumaya. “All three went inside a foot, He got 50 points on that one. He almost holed the third one, it went around the hole.”
North Bay BMX
1. Cooper Miller (Napa). 2. Ryenn Capitani (Vacaville). 3. Brian Swetland (Fairfield).
1. Noah Fernandez (Vacaville). 2. Austin Geyer (San Rafael). 3. Austin Broyles (Napa).
1. Jeremy Slusher (Suisun). 2. Luc Thomas (Rohnert Park). 3. Jayden Shires (American Canyon).
1. Dylan Cowell (Napa). 2. Isaih Aguirre (Napa). 3. JJ Liebig (Napa).
1. Michael Bennett (Napa). 2. Shelby Richardson (Stockton). 3. Maximillian Neujahr (Napa).
1. Cassius Anderson (Novato). 2. Gabriel Hall (Napa). 3. Robbie Gomez (Napa).
1. Damian Ontiveros (Fremont). 2. Christopher Kontos (Berkeley). 3. Job Rucker (Santa Rosa).
1. Sean Raskopf (San Jose). 2. Jason Dean (Oakley). 3. Keith Fitzpatrick (San Mateo).
1. Justice Davis (San Leandro). 2. Kylie Richardson (Stockton). 3. Gavin Dretzka (Vacaville).
1. Cooper Miller (Napa). 2. Laken Carlson (Fairfield). 3. Quentin Cordle (Napa).
North Bay BMX also held a USA BMX Single Points Race on July 2. They haf 15 Motos with a total of 51 Riders. These are the top 3 finishes from each division:
1. Ryenn Capitani (Vacaville). 2. Jacob Harrell (Fairfax). 3. Chris Evens (Walnut Creek).
1. Cooper Miller (Napa). 2. Ross Buller (Rodeo). 3. Francis Rodriguez (Oakland).
1. Neil Evans (Napa). 2. Chris Silva (Novato). 3. Bryan Harrell (Fairfax).
1. Steven Miller (Napa). 2. Scott Miller (Napa). 3. Donald Gomez (Napa).
1. Evan Silva (Novato). 2. Noah Fernandez (Vacaville). 3. Austin Broyles (Napa).
1. Jeremy Slusher (Suisun). 2. Tristin Moreno (Lakeport). 3. Dominic Duenas (Napa).
1. Nathan Souza (Napa). 2. JJ Liebig (Napa). 3. Sam Rawlings (Suisun City).
1. Miles Hale (Sonoma). 2. Matthew Sovig (Novato). 3. Laken Carlson (Fairfield).
46 & Over Novice
1. Mike Davis (Oakland). 2. Christopher Kontos (Berkeley). 3. Scott Miller (Napa).
1. Gavin Dretzka (Vacaville). 2. Jack Jacobson (Fairfield). 3. Kalen Carlson (Fairfield).
1. Gabriel Hall (Napa). 2. Dustin Duenas (Napa). 3. Ryan Slusher (Napa).
1. Michael Bennett (Napa). 2. Chris Evens (Walnut Creek). 3. Chase Buller (Rodeo).
1. Justin York (Livermore). 2. Jacob Harrell (Fairfax). 3. Jarred Thurman (Willits).
1. Brandon York (Livermore). 2. Cooper Miller (Napa). 3. Mandy Thurman (Willits).
1. Curtis Garlick (Novato). 2. Donnie Gomez (Napa). 3. Joshua Moreno (Lakeport).
1st place - Team #4 Los Bandidos. BJ Conner -capo. Ray Conner, Dot Little, Wayne Little, Dave Rico, Arturo Montenegro.
2nd place – Team #1 – Bocce Friends. Vergie Trammell – capo. Clyde Trammell, Michael Hancock, Twanda Simpson, John Bolosan, Mike Kimmel, Larry Cooper, Mary Barker.
3rd place: Team #3 - Do It Again. Roy Pimental – capo. Sharie Anaclerio, Dora Percious, Shelby Wahl, Joe Tomlinson, Jim Marion, Atul Sheth, Rhonda Alameda.
1st place – Team #4 – Wapahoe. Angelo Cellini – capo. Mindi Cellini, Wayne Little, Jim Marion, Sonny Antonio, Carla Antonio, Twanda Simpson.
2nd place – Team #1 – Bocce Brigade. Nili Howlett – capo. Art Howlett, Larry Cooper, Shirley Kerns, John Watkins, Shirley Watkins, Suzanne Crawford, Eleanor Morse, Bob Morse, Rhoda Alameda.
3rd place – Team #2 – Casino Royale. Ron Cortese – capo. Sharon Cortese, Rose Sneed, Willie Towner, Mike Wright, Tracy Towner, Karen Wright.
1st place tie - Team #3 – Paesanos. Atul Sheth – capo. Shelia Sheth, Arturo Montenergo, Bill Poate, Ted Rogers, Mike Hancock Team # 5 – Roll ‘Em. Mike Kimmel – capo. Vergie Trammell, Clyde Trammell, Joe Ragusa, Marie Ragusa, Frank Bernadi.
2nd place – Team #3 – Paesanos. Atul Sheth – capo. Shelia Sheth, Arturo Montenergo, Bill Poate, Ted Rogers, Mike Hancock.
3rd place - Team #2 – Oh Sugar. Cynthia Kay – capo. Phillip Kay, David MacKenzie, Bill Colombano, Ellie Ferrell, Richard Grinder, Dora Percious.
1st place - Team #5 Red Devils- Arturo Montenegro – capo. Wayne Little, David Rico, Roy Scocci, Nancy Scocci, Richard Ginder.
2nd place – Team 1 Mama & Papas – Ellie Blossom – capo, BJ Connor, Earl Costa, Dora Perious, Roy Pimentel, Shelby Wahl.
3rd place – 2 team tie. Team #2 Mamas & Papas. Ellie Blossom – capo. BJ Conner, Earl Costa, Dora Percious, Roy Pimental, Shirley Wahl.
North Bay Pony
Tthe Admirals Baseball club 9-under All-Star team came from an early 11-5 loss to Roseville to beat them twice in one day to capturing the East Bay Regional championship. In the first game the Admirals won 5-4. They were led by pitcher Heath Bradford, who went five innings, only allowing three runs and struck out 11. The top hitters were Lucas Buchanan (1 for 2, 2 RBIs) and Brady Mott and Jarren Ford, who were both going 2 for 3Also contributing was Emilio Berumen (1 for 1). In the nightcap, the Admiral bats woke up along with another nice pitching performance by Buchanan in an 8-2 victory. The top hitters in this game were Mott, wjo was 3 for 3 with three runs scored. Elyjah Olney, who was 3 for 3 with five RBIs, and Heath Bradford, who went 2 for 3. Ford, Emilio Brerumen, Dominic Delatorre, Haedyn Gomes and Buchanan, who all chipped in with one hit each. Next up for the Admirals 9u is to play Bel Passi Pony in Modesto to try and take one more step at Super regionals. Other players not listed above were Josh Erickson, Darius Hickenbottom, Manny Delatorre and Nathan Erickson.