1. Carolyn Wold, left, a family violence prevention officer from the Solano Family Justice Center, receives a check from Lunafest 2013 chairwoman Kathy Pratt, while Soroptomist member Lynn Recknagel looks on. The check represents the proceeds from the Lunafest Short Film Festival Nov. 7 in Fairfield. More than 150 people attended the event.
2. Soroptomist Jackie Hopkins shows some of the school supplies her club donated to The Leaven’s after-school tutoring program in October.
3. Secretary Bobbie McClanahan of the Society of Military Widows, center, accepts a first-place award for her club’s participation in the Fairfield Veteran’s Day Parade on Nov. 18. Scott Tonneson and Margaret Manzo presented the honor.
4. Richard Burker, president of the Sons of Italy lodge, conducts a raffle during the group’s Columbus Day dinner on Oct. 12 at the Holy Spirit Hall in Fairfield.
5. Members in Motion from Our Lady of Mount Carmel Catholic Church celebrated a Thanksgiving potluck. Front row, from left, Pat McFadden, Naza Azara, Rose Altemeyer, Jackie Flores; middle row, Betty McFadden, Phyllis Penning, Bessie Zanolini, Mary Ellen McCormick, Ann Hall, Marie Flores; back row, Father Michael Downing, Josey Parsons, Father Pete Manilag.
6. Sons of Italy members Rick Tracy and Candida Erwin of Fairfield enjoy the Columbus Day Dinner on Oct. 19.
7. Rick Liung, a Rotarian from San Diego, discusses health care reform with the Fairfield-Suisun Rotary Club at the Kroc Center on Dec. 3. He let members know about some of the laws embedded in the reform that they may not know about.
8. Fairfield-Suisun Rotary Club President Suzanne Bragdon stands with Fairfield High School Principal Tim Halloran at the club’s Nov. 5 meeting. Halloran shared the positive outlook for his school with club members.
9. Ryan Poston of Fairfield earned the Judges Award at the Bellarmine High School VEX Robotics Tournament in San Jose on Nov. 23. He was honored out of 61 teams. It is Ryan’s third year in VEX Robotics and last year his team won a tournament to compete in the world competition in Anaheim.
10. Rotary Club of Cordelia hosted members of the Dream Team to talk about how they provide summer jobs for at-risk youth. Pictured, from left, are Rotarian Brian Willis, speakers Linn Benson and Jack Batson and Club President George Paz.
11. The Rotary Club of Cordelia donated toys to children of migrant farm workers in the Suisun Valley. Rotarian Tom Recknagel organized the toy drive for the club.
12. Rotary Club of Cordelia member Tom Recknagel presents a $1,000 donation to Noreen O’Regan of Child Haven. Child Haven gives abused and neglected children a safe place to heal.
13. Teens from the Rodriguez High School Key Club and Leadership will take part in a gift-wrap fundraiser for the Fairfield Community Services Foundation’s Fun on the Run program until Dec. 21 at the Solano Town Center mall. Pictured, from left, are Jasmine Wong, Marisa Mark, Francesca Rabadam, Ysabel Rose and Gizelle Borja, who wrapped gifts on Dec. 1.
14. Nick Van Male, on behalf of the Fairfield Community Services Foundation, recognizes two board members for their outstanding contributions to the Foundation. Muffy Jordan, center, was honored for her many years of service on the board and Nancy Meadows Trigueiro was named Fairfield Citizen of the Year and recognized for her outstanding service in organizing fundraisers that raise funds for the Fun on the Run program.
15. More than 70 Fairfield seniors enjoyed a delicious turkey dinner with all the trimmings on Nov. 14, courtesy of Fairfield-Suisun Rotarians and the Fairfield Community Services Foundation. Servers included, from left, Terrance Strong, Nick Van Male, Brian Mihelich, Mary Marsh, Robbie Engell, Earl Kilmer, Sam Tracas and Catherine Gimard.
16. Members of the Wahiawa Kajukenbo Tony Ramos Method of Self-Defense receive an oversized check reflecting $10,000 they received from Valero Benicia Refinery for Local Children’s Charities. From left, John Hill, Anthony Ramos, “Sonny” Ramos and Danny Zepeda hold the check.
17. Christina Boyle, the newest member of the Rotary Club of Cordelia, stands with club membership chairman Mike Garver.
18. Mary Wilson of American Canyon poses during the laying of the wreaths for deceased members of the Fairfield Society of Military Widows during the national convention in Nashville, Tenn.