1. Laura Proctor spoke to the FaST Lions about Project Linus. Project Linus donated handmade blankets to seriously ill children in Solano County. Pictures from left are FaST Lion Vice President Mary Lorenz, and Laura Proctor.
2. FaST Lions sold bird houses at the Home and Garden Show at the Fairfield Events Center. Money raised went back to the community through Fast Lions. Pictured from left Ashley Urban, FaST Lions Kyle Urban, Lion Past President Rudy Urban.
3. FaST Lions took a ride at the Railroad museum near Rio Vista as part of a special wine-tasting train to support the Midnight Sun Foundation and the Western Rail Museum. Pictured from left are FaST Lions Gary Ames, Nancy Ames, Bill Fell, Annette Fell, Mary Lorenz, Cindy Smith and Pete Smith.
4. Installation of City Council Officers at the Founders Day-Beta Sigma Phi Vacaville City Council on April 27 at Travis Air Force Base conference center included, from left, Minna Gross, Fairfield; Dawn Brown, Fairfield; Hope Skibitsky, Fairfield; Steffni Muehleisen, Suisun City and LaDonna Atallah, Vacaville.
5. Soroptimist Diana Holt of Holt Photography took pictures of a family temporarily housed at Heather House as Soroptimist Betsy Price looks on. The photographs are framed and will presented on Mother’s Day as gifts.
6. Pictured from left are William and Jo-Anne Fenton of Fairfield at the Sons of Italy monthly meeting on April 17 at the Fairfield Senior Center.
7. From left are Carla Garbani-Gomez and Carol La Novara of Vacaville, who were cooks for the monthly meeting of the Sons of Italy April 17 at the Fairfield Senior Center.
8. Members of the Sons of Italy gather April 17 at the Fairfield Senior Center. Pictures from left are Helen Barker, Mattie Bialoblock and Richard Bialoblock of Fairfield.
9. At the April 15 meeting of the Soroptimist club at the Hilton of Fairfield, this year’s Fellow Award was given to Hilda Ross. She received the award for her many years of dedication to the club and hours of volunteer work within the club and throughout the community. In the photo left to right are Soroptimist member Hilda Ross and Soroptimist President Arletta Cortright.
10. The Soroptimist of Central Solano met April 22 for the weekly Soroptimist meeting. Ana Espinoza and Heather Sanderson of the Matt Garcia PAL center came to share how the Girls Circle program is doing. This is a program funded by the Soroptimist Club for young teenage girls after school at the PAL Center. It is a mentoring program for the girls to work on self-esteem and life goals. In the photo left are Ana Espinoza from the Girls Circle, Soroptimist President Arletta Cortright, Heather Sanderson of the PAL Center and Soroptimist member Stephanie Beardsley.
11. Soroptimist of Central Solano met April 8, with members gearing up for their upcoming annual Denim and Diamonds fundraiser. In the photo from left are Karen Hairfield and Hilda Ross, behind a “cut out” that will be at the event for people to pose behind for fun pictures. For more information about the event visit www.sicentralsolano.com.
12. The Fairfield Suisun Twilight Rotary club met April 28 at Salvio at the Rock in Suisun Valley. Club members from left include President Craig Bryan, Katie White (son Jayden in front), J.D. Lopez, and Grace Hindes. They welcomed White as a new member. She is Fairfield resident and an employee of Telstar Instruments.
13. The Fairfield Suisun Twilight Rotary club met at Salvio at the Rock in Suisun Valley for its weekly meeting April 21. From left, Pat Mendez accepts her certificate of appreciation from President J.D. Lopez for her talk to the club about her journey as a cancer survivor. She also spoke about the Solano Might Sun Foundation and how it might assist women during their treatments, as well as promote breast health and early detection.
14. From left, Kathryn Houk, Penny Fisher, Linda James, Jackie Mulhern and Mary Reyff do the Can-Can for the Wednesday Club’s Annual fashion show “April In Paris” held May 7, in Suisun City.
15. Jean Kelly models for the Wednesday Club’s Annual fashion show “April In Paris” held May 7 in Suisun City.
16. Wednesday Club’s Annual fashion show “April In Paris” held May 7 in Suisun City featured the modeling of Judy Leve.
17. Mary Reyff, models as Evelyn Wickham is on stage as narrator (or tour director) for the Wednesday Club’s Annual fashion show.
18. American Legion Post 182 pins the members with the Years of Membership Pins and Certificates Awards presented at its monthly post meeting March 12. From the left are Past Commander and Current 5th District Finance Officer John H. Aldridge, Stanley Armstrong, Edna C. Barnes and Willie G. Lipkin Sr., being presented with his 40-year certificate by Commander Michael L. Brimer.
19. American Legion Post 182 members being honored for years of membership from left include Post Finance Officer Larry Stahl (10 years), Michael O’Brien (10 years), Sargent at Arms Michael Segala (10 years), Past Commander and current 5th District Commander Robert DeToro (10 years), Post Chaplain Rev. Vorris E. Hunter Sr. (10 years), Past Commander William R. Mann (10 years) and Commander Michael L. Brimer.
20. Eagle Scout Joey Conrad visiting with American Legion Post 182 members. The visit was during the monthly meeting on March 12. Pictured from left are Past Commander William R. Mann; Current Commander Michael L. Brimer, Eagle Scout Joey Conrad and Past Commander and Current 5th District Commander Robert DeToro.
21. American Legion Post 182 Commander Michael L. Brimer presents Past Commander and Current 5th District Commander Robert DeToro his Past Commanders pin and plaque at the monthly post meeting on March 12.
22. American Legion Post 182 recipients of years of membership awards, from left, Commander Michael L. Brimer, Past Commander Stanley Armstrong (25 years); Kenneth Kinsman (30 years); Past Commander Edna C. Barnes (30 years); Past Commander and Current 5th District Finance Officer John H. Aldridge (25 years); Past Post Adjutant Willie G. Lipkin Sr. (40 years ) and Past Commander and Current 5th District Commander Robert DeToro (10 years).
23. The Rotary Club of Cordelia’s Community Chair Rotarian Tom Recknagel presents a check to Samina Massod, executive director of Heather House, a permanent homeless shelter.
24. The Rotary Club of Cordelia Rotary celebrated literacy in the month of April with guest speaker and Rotarian and Past President Carol Collision.
25. The Rotary Club of Cordelia enjoys social time during its monthly dinner at Tahoe Joe’s to thank members for participating in the club’s annual Spring Extravaganza.
26. Christina Boyle speaks at the Rotary Club of Cordelia’s monthly meeting in April.
27. Mark Murphy spoke to the Rotary Club of Cordelia about the Travis Air Force Base air show. Pictured from left are Rotarian Hope Hernandez, Nancy Meadows-Trigueiro, Major Mark Murphy and Club President George Paz.
28. Rotary Club of Cordelia speakers Rita Edmonds-Norris and Teresa Coutemanche tell club members about the Homicide Survivors Support Group for Solano County that they helped form. Pictured from left are Teresa Coutemanche, Club President George Paz, Rita Edmonds-Norris and Rotarian Brian Wills.
29. Elizabeth Capp, Rotarian of Rotary Club of Cordelia, makes a presentation.
30. Donna Quintero, executive director of Pink Lemonade Inc., accepts a $1,000 donation from J.D. Lopez, president of the Fairfield-Suisun Twilight Rotary Club, at Salvio at the Rock on April 7.