Fairfield’s Measure P, a 1 percent tax measure, passed Tuesday.
Here are some of the comments on the Daily Republic article on its passage:
- Congratulations to those of you who voted for measure P. We will now have a little breathing room in hopes of recovery over the next five years. Let’s hope the political wrangling doesn’t force further delays and costs that we cannot afford.
- Considering the overwhelming victory, the handful of extremists who make up the Solano Taxpayers Association should immediately withdraw their lawsuit.
- Actually, let the lawsuit go forward, and lose. It will set a precedent other cities can use.
- No problem with tax money being used for good purposes, but as we have seen in the state of California, tax money is wasted. Hope all those who voted for Prop P will be only too happy to give away more of your money to folks who waste it.
- Once again naive voters have handed the tax-and-spend politicians a blank check to spend on their pet projects, public employee unions and themselves. Americans have lost $7 trillion of wealth over the past four years and like Europe you think we can spend ourselves into prosperity with more taxes.