Sound off for July 6, 2014
Last week, we asked whether – in light of the high fire danger – Suisun City should reconsider selling fireworks.
Here are some comments from our website:
- No one should have fireworks, period. They’re too dangerous and put all of our homes at risk.
- Everyone remembers cities in California are broke, right? Come up with replacement revenue.
- Yes, they should stop the sale anytime there is a higher danger of fire. No one should lose their home or belongings just so others can have a few minutes of personal fun. That is just irresponsible behavior.
- They should not be stopped. I don’t recall a recent situation locally where fireworks were the cause of fires?
- These fireworks are just sparklers and fountain showers. Quite boring, if you ask me. So unless the person is lighting them in a field of dead grass, I don’t see a problem.