Fairfield City Councilman John Mraz last week blamed the state’s “realignment” for the increase in local crime.
Here are some comments about it from our website:
- I don’t see any light at the end of this tunnel.
- Fairfield has too many reasons for felons to move here. Make these homeless shelters accountable for whom they are housing. Stop with the handouts, felons come here because we are welcoming them with open arms.
- Thank you, Gov. Jerry Brown, for making our state dangerous, putting the lives of innocent people at risk so you can “balance the budget.” It’s time for change back to the old California that was tough on crime.
- This is probably the first time the police chief refrained from saying “we don’t have the resources.” Oh, but Councilman Rick Vaccaro said it for him. This is not Gov. Brown’s fault, he is responding to federal orders and is doing his job. Fulltime traffic patrols would likely catch a lot of these folks before they act up again.
- And here I thought Measure P would take care of all the crime. Taxes raised for nothing yet again! Thanks, sheeple.