Sunday, December 21, 2014

Why are Republicans so cold-hearted?

kirchubel column sig

From page A8 | July 21, 2014 |

Did you see the column in last week’s Daily Republic, “Are Republicans cold-hearted toward the poor?” It was one of those Ben Boychuk and Joel Mathis pieces where one writer takes the liberal side and the other the conservative side and attempt to spin the question first one way and then the other.

The title got my attention, because I thought, “Well of course, Republicans are cold-hearted toward the poor. Why would anybody be questioning this?” I immediately thought that a better column would have been, “Why are the Republicans so cold-hearted toward the poor?” and thus, wrote today’s column.

I wondered how the conservative guy, Ben Boychuk, could possibly argue Republicans are not cold-hearted, since the opposite is such a well-known, universally accepted fact. I realize that some of you may take exception to that “fact,” and I am sure the Daily Republic will gladly publish your well-reasoned letters to the editor providing evidence that there are still a few Republicans, the “good ones,” who care about the plight of America’s poor. But taken as a whole, Republicans have long been fighting to cut, cut, cut Unemployment Insurance; Social Security; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (the food stamp program); Medicare and Medicaid; and the minimum wage.

These are America’s safety nets that our poorest citizens rely on to survive, and to me, that’s a cold-hearted fact. I figure the ideal Republican legislation would be one that cut taxes for the rich and safety nets for the poor.

So, how did Ben Boychuk, argue against the question, “Are Republicans cold-hearted toward the poor?” What facts could he use to prove his point? What voting record?

None.

How could anybody argue the point that Republicans are NOT cold-hearted against the poor? He didn’t. He simply argued that the Pew Research Center poll, which formed the basis for their column, was flawed. Poll or no poll, I think most everyone knows that Republicans exclusively service the wealthy, and don’t give a darn about fate of the poor.

Now to the question: WHY are the wealthy, as exemplified by Republicans, so callous to America’s poor?

A new wave of psychology papers suggest that having more money makes people act less humane. In a series of experiments, games, questionnaires and field observations, psychologist Paul Piff found “as people grow wealthier, they are more likely to feel entitled, to become meaner, and more likely to exploit others, even cheat.”

One study simply correlated the cost of a vehicle with the drivers’ behavior at a busy intersection. Piff found that drivers of the most expensive cars were four times as likely to cut off other drivers and were three times more likely to fail to yield to pedestrians in crosswalks.

Other studies found that wealthy subjects were more likely to consider “stealing or benefiting from things to which they were not entitled” than poorer subjects, and more likely to agree with statements like, “I honestly feel I’m just more deserving than other people.” In one experiment, adult subjects who simply “felt wealthy,” were more likely than others to steal candy from a bowl that was clearly labeled as being for children.

“There’s this idea that the more you have, the less entitled and more grateful you feel; and the less you have, the more you feel you deserve. That’s not what we find,” Piff said.

Time and again, researchers have correlated wealth with narcissistic, aggressive and selfish behaviors, which may help explain their “cold-heartedness” toward America’s poor.

The question I am left with is, “Does being rich lead to anti-social behavior, or does this type of behavior lead to you becoming rich?”

Mike Kirchubel grew up in Fairfield and is the author of “Vile Acts of Evil – Banking in America.” He can be reached at mikirch@comcast.net.

Mike Kirchubel

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 5:55 am

Mike. If you actually research your premise you will find that the left loves to be generous with others money rather than their own. Simply compare Bush/Cheney and Obama/Biden charitable giving. Conservative people are more generous with their OWN money. So Mike, how much did you give? Bet I gave more.

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 6:13 am

Larry, i don't consider Foxisms to be research. Do you have any data or studies that back up your claims? For example, what percentage of their wealth have Bush/ Cheney given away vs. Obama/Biden? And are these people truly representative? One problem i see is that the poor don't have a lot of disposable cash laying around to give away. How do you take that into consideration? No, the column today was about the cold hearted voting record of the Republicans. Care to refute that?

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 7:05 am

Mike. Your Foxophobia seems to be well documented but not all good ideas come from Fox. So, Mr warmth, how much did you give to charity. If you google, giving behavior of the left vs right you will find that the right gives more. You will find a great article titled "bleeding heart tight wads " in the New York Times.

• Mike KirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 8:22 am

Larry, you're right, it's a good article. Two things though, Kristof admits that he is writing the piece to shame liberals into being more charitable at Christmas time, and the book he uses as a basis for his article, "Who really cares?," was written by Arthur C. Brooks. Arthur C. Brooks is the president of the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. I'm guessing he started with a faulty premise, but one that worked for, and satisfied, his article's intent. Any thoughts?

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 8:54 am

Mike. No one has to shame me into giving. I give of my own choice without the state forcing me to do so. Again, my question to you is how much did you give over the last ten years?

• rlw895July 21, 2014 - 8:32 am

LW: "Foxophobia" isn't quite it. Foxomiasma is more like it.

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 8:58 am

Rlw. No, I was correct in my statement.

• rlw895July 21, 2014 - 9:03 am

Only Mike can tell us for sure, but I don't think he fears Fox so much as he hates it.

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 9:55 am

I fear/hate what Fox is doing to the thought and voting patterns of its easily manipulated audience, but I actually like to watch it because i find a twisted, sick humor in their mind bending spins. I watch it ironically.

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 1:52 pm

Mike. Why do you seem to bring up Fox News so frequently. They do no more brainwashing than any other news agency. But you didn't answer my question. How much did you give to charity? If you are as generous as you suggest I praise you. If not, you are full of hot air.

• tax payerJuly 21, 2014 - 2:31 pm

Yes, Mikey has been full of BS for years!

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 2:36 pm

Larry, frankly it's none of your business.

• tax payerJuly 21, 2014 - 3:28 pm

Larry, I think you hit a nerve with Mikey. In reality he is a rich white liberal!

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 6:04 pm

You are correct it is none of my business but when you talk about generosity I believe that charity begins at home. So, thank you for proving my point that a conservative is more generous with their own resources than a liberal. :)

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 8:14 pm

Larry, have you stopped beating your wife? Yes or no. Im guessing no. Same thing as your question. Your non-yes or no answer will prove that im right. Sounds silly, doesn't?

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 9:38 pm

Mike. I would prefer to have my wife answer than question but she doesn't like dealing with fools. I, however have no problem. Should you ever want to prove that you are more generous I would be happy to show my returns. Until then have a nice evening.

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 10:01 am

Rlw. People tend to dislike a news agency when they disagree with the news that they here. It is a normal human trait. I don't like MSNBC. I just don't blame different viewpoints on them.

• Mr. SmithJuly 21, 2014 - 9:30 am

Mike Kirchubel, FD (Foxism Detector), is on the case!

• Mike KirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 12:15 pm

Mr. S, Thank you for the honor, but it's not that difficult to do. Just take any right wing lie and ascribe it to Fox, as a Foxism. If they didn't invent it, they are bound to have repeated it at some point. Probably many, many times. You can't miss.

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 2:00 pm

Mike the voting patterns of conservatives tent to show a belief that the government should not provide people with a cradle to grave support system. I spent some time on an Indian reservation. I saw first hand what happens to a proud people when you strip them of self respect and give them a living stipend. No sense of accomplishment or purpose in their lives. So the lived and died at a very young age because of government support. I didn't need fox to show me because I lived it.

• tax payerJuly 21, 2014 - 2:27 pm

Larry, you speak the truth but you willnotsway Mikey's belefs as he haddrankthe liberal punch far to lng.

• DanielJuly 21, 2014 - 6:10 am

Nothing is more cruel than selling covert slavery and dependency on big daddy white liberal white males and their forcibly redistribution of other's money "charity" instead of education, hard work and self-reliance.

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 6:34 am

Danny, i see you've fallen for the "Plantation" excuse to be cold hearted. Hopefully we will get some more of these excuses, where is the " tough love" excuse? Anybody?

• Mike KirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 12:27 pm

What? No "tough love" people out there? Whatever happened to the right-wing story that "We want to take away all their safety nets so they will be motivated to go out, get educated, find good jobs, and make themselves better people. It's just tough love."?

• Mr. PracticalJuly 21, 2014 - 12:41 pm

Mike, I'll bet you can't name one person who has ever said that they want to take away all the safety nets. Should there be more accountability? Absolutely. Could there be last fraud? Absolutely. Should we make an effort to reduce overall spending? Absolutely. The right wing that you dislike so much, is mostly fabricated.

• MarkAugust 05, 2014 - 4:00 pm

I can, Paul Ryan.

• http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/neuroskeptic/2012/05/23/rich-people-may-not-be-so-unethical/#.U80Rp_ldXaoJuly 21, 2014 - 6:15 am

Doctoral student from UC Berkeley?

• http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2012/09/26/161841771/how-income-divides-democrats-republicans-and-independentsJuly 21, 2014 - 6:24 am

There are as many high income Democrats as Republicans

• https://www.opensecrets.org/pfds/July 21, 2014 - 6:36 am

Dems have more money

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 8:13 am

There cannot be any clear examples to determine who actually "gives more," that's ridiculous. There is no way to measure the giving from any collective group or individual. There are too many variables and conditions for reasons given and actual physical and/or monetary donations. And of course those of us that choose to keep that information to ourselves.

• Mike KirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 8:26 am

CD, You are correct. We cannot even know who contributes to political organizations. That's why I used the voting habits of the Republicans. Easily documented actions that speak louder than all the Republican spin factories put together.

• Larry WJuly 21, 2014 - 2:05 pm

CD. As they say cash is king let's start with that as the best measurement of generosity.

• 2realJuly 21, 2014 - 6:28 am

Agree. Theyre all millionaires to begin with. Two rich gangs. Which side are you on?

• Mike KirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 12:34 pm

So your theory is that they are all millionaires to begin with, so what does it matter which side you pick? Yeah, so pick the side that only services the rich. Good thing you're a millionaire too.

• Tax PayerJuly 21, 2014 - 6:35 am

Mikey, all polls are flawed. What have your Demos done for the poor? Gave them more freebies to keep them down and dependent on government handouts? Facts are facts Mikey!

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 6:55 am

Another vote for the "plantation." Thank you.

• rlw895July 21, 2014 - 8:37 am

Only missing we keep them down so they'll vote for us.

• Mike KirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 12:22 pm

Yes, that's the rest of the sentence, I mean "theory." And TP.'er, yes, all polls are flawed, especially the ones you don't agree with. Like your poll of one, that determined the government "Gave them more freebies to keep them down and dependent..." Now, if you can find one more person to agree with you, you can upgrade that to a "conspiracy."

• BobJuly 21, 2014 - 6:39 am

Nice fairy tale, but you left out a definition of poor people. Obama has given everyone that decided not to work everything they could wish to get high with Here's the catch, I'm a life long democrat and have had it those f..ls. Give the poor everything they need is what Hitler quoted in 1933, of course he never did it, just shipped them to death camps. In 1935 Hitler was very proud of how he pushed through gun registration and how peaceful the world would be. That didn't work, did it? All these tricks have been tried in the past as ways to trick the people into being slaves to governments. Folks Obama is working with the UN to make us all poor so the government can GIVE US ALL we need to survive, won't that be nice? All hail Queen Hillary

• Mike KirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 8:34 am

Yes, I get it. Hitler and Obama are exactly the same, to you.

• Tax PayerJuly 21, 2014 - 6:40 am

Both Demos and Reps are rich folks. Our politicians are multi-millionaires after they get into office due to getting payoffs from lobbyists and special interest groups for their votes. Those that say they are not are lying. The middle class (that would be me Mikey) are being pinched from both ends.

• rlw895July 21, 2014 - 8:42 am

TP: And they are so good at hiding it, only a few ever get caught, right?

• BobJuly 21, 2014 - 6:45 am

It wasn't republicans that were cold blooded in Benghazi, this is the real cold blood we are talking about. Obama and Hillary watched on a big screen tv while Libyans over ran the American Compound, MUST SEE TV !

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 6:59 am

Wow! Benghazi. Really? Didn't see that one coming. You really have that all figured out, don't you? Were they sitting next to each other on the couch, drinking beers, and eating popcorn while they watched?

• http://www.obamaphone.com/July 21, 2014 - 6:57 am

Buying votes with tax dollars...

• DanielJuly 21, 2014 - 7:35 am

Mikey your "compassion" and "charity" with other worker's forcibly redistributed pay checks and your economic policy of a fat bloated bureaucracy and trickled down "charity" just isn't working. Drive around Fairfield and look at the number of homeless and hungry, thank God for private charities (very few liberals give), if it wasn't for them, there would actually deaths by starvation in America despite the fat bloated bureaucracy now blowing through $17 trillion, Obama living lavishly while golfing and fund raising, plenty for the abortion mill Planned Parenthood to exterminate American children and plenty of money for illegal alien children,

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 7:47 am

Daniel, more garbage "very few liberals give." Is there ever a fact anywhere in this BS you constantly shovel?

• http://www.forbes.com/sites/tomwatson/2012/06/01/giving-differently-liberals-and-conservatives-have-radically-different-views-of-charity/July 21, 2014 - 7:52 am

They give equal but different...

• TJ BairdJuly 21, 2014 - 7:44 am

Mike, it would be interesting to have information about the charitable giving (even as a percentage of income) of those who voted for the President vs. those who voted for Gov. Romney. I'm not sure how it would turn out, but I think that it would be an accurate snapshot of the hearts of the country. I noticed that Mission Solano has a shortage of money and food, I wonder which side of the aisle is going to give more toward that local cause?

• TJ BairdJuly 21, 2014 - 8:19 am

Mike, let me answer my question for you. Survey after survey show that "conservatives" give more than liberals to charitable causes. Everything that I could research (for me that doesn't mean tuning into Fox) shows that nearly half of contributions of conservatives go toward religious institutions . Only about 25% of "liberal" contributions go toward religious institutions and nearly 1/3 goes to causes outside the U.S. Fortunately, in our great and generous (we give far more than any other) nation, we have those who see the needs and respond on both sides of the aisle.

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 8:37 am

TJ Baird, here is another interesting question… how do you reconcile signing legislation to strip people of their human rights and somehow extrapolate that out to benevolence? The GOP has tried doing exactly that but then again honesty has never been their strong suit.

• TJ BairdJuly 21, 2014 - 8:40 am

CD, I'm not sure what you are referencing?

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 8:43 am

TJ Baird, seriously? I'm referring to AZ and KS along with other states trying to make discrimination legal

• TJ BairdJuly 21, 2014 - 8:50 am

CD, you are going to need to be a little more specific. Are you speaking about something recently?

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 8:55 am

TJ Baird, never mind I'm not going to play this game again. I am amazed at the number of Conservatives that are "unaware" of that issue, are playing dumb or thought it was no big deal.

• TJ BairdJuly 21, 2014 - 10:55 am

CD, just got back from the gym and Mission Solano (trying to give them a hand with their needs as they serve the needy of our community). I guess that I fall into the dumb category of your response. Since you usually think of yourself as the "smartest guy in the room", please enlighten me! I would prefer your specificity over your sarcasm.

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 11:43 am

TJ Baird, no I won't be specific because I dealt with this issue last year and it wasn't pleasant. You have enough info to research if you care. Suffice to say I apparently am the "smartest guy in the room" when it comes to recognizing GOP's ugly behaviors. Glad to hear you're working out, we older folks need to stay in top condition! ;)

• TJ BairdJuly 21, 2014 - 12:55 pm

CD, I wasn't around when you last discussed this issue, but I believe you that wasn't pleasant. I will look forward to further conversations with you in the future. Take care. By-the-way: I think that it would be interesting to get the group of people who interact online together sometime for a face to face discussion about these subjects that we disagree about, but care deeply about.

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 1:33 pm

TJ Baird, whether you were around or not doesn't mean anything. If you follow the news or care to look up Arizona (and a few others) and their efforts at discriminating, you'd know more about it. I have met with several individual here and they were pleasant experiences. Many of us have spoken about a coffee get together and that would be nice. There were reservations about the subjects we'd discuss. Maybe just keep it simple and friendly. My schedule is booked solid through August, so maybe after that?

• TJ BairdJuly 21, 2014 - 1:49 pm

CD, good enough! I will educate myself on this subject. Maybe we can talk about a get-together in September. Simple and friendly would be good, because I think that ultimately we all want our country and all its people to live life to the fullest as each see fit.

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 2:33 pm

Yes. Now, how do we get there? For me, the first step is the creation of a national currency and the elimination of debt money. Any other suggestions?

• TJ BairdJuly 21, 2014 - 3:11 pm

Mike, I'm going to be away from a keyboard for the next couple of hours, so I won't be able to answer the question that you posed. I do agree that anything that gets rid of the "monopoly money" that we currently play with would be good start to leveling the playing field for most of us.

• DanielJuly 21, 2014 - 8:36 am

CD it's a 100% given fact that liberals are "charitable" with worker's paychecks and not their own, check the income taxes of these members of the "party of the poor" and see how little they've given despite never having a non political job nor business and somehow becoming 1%ers themselves; Gore, Biden, Charles Rangel, Maxine Waters, Reid and Pelosi just to name a few. They're all like you and Mikey selling "trickle down charity" but really fat bloated wasteful bureaucracy advocates or covert socialists.

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 8:41 am

Daniel, more BS from you "a 100% given fact?" Care to support that with legitimate numbers? Oh yeah, you never do. Read my post on the matter. THAT is the truth on the subject.

• DanielJuly 21, 2014 - 8:45 am

I get really nauseated now hearing how the Demos are the "party of the poor" while most of the wealthy and corporations are in bed with them. It's time for Mikey and CD to wake up out if their long time stupor, go meet some tea party members and see how many are non workers and rich.

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 8:50 am

Numbers Daniel? Numbers!

• CD BrooksJuly 21, 2014 - 10:06 am

Daniel, I've been fortunate and I believe in giving back so I do so in many different ways. But you're nauseating me with your unabashed lies and misinformation so stop your nonsense.

• Allison HodgeJuly 21, 2014 - 4:37 pm

Wow, DR, do you guys actually employ this weasel or do you just get him on loan? From what I can tell his main method of 'argument' is to call names and set up straw men, which makes it absolutely useless to have any kind of adult discussion with him. But that's par for the course with a reliable percentage of liberals for whom feelings are more important than facts and for whom everyone who disagrees with them is somehow sub-human. If this is the kind of thing that is common in the Daily Republic, I'm sure thankful I'm not a paying subscriber.

• The SugarJarJuly 21, 2014 - 5:07 pm

gosh I hate it when weasels call people names.

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 5:26 pm

Thank you for your thoughtful comment. From my end, i think the D.R. gets their money's worth, and more, from me. Do you have anything substantive you would like to add or are is that it?

• Keep 'em down.....July 21, 2014 - 5:08 pm

I agree with taxpayer...the government keeps giving free stuff to people to keep them on the plantation. I know--been there, done that. At least I was fortunate and managed to get off. Now my tax money goes to keep others on the dole.

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 5:34 pm

Question for Mr. Farm, why didn't you stay on the dole?

• mike kirchubelJuly 21, 2014 - 6:21 pm

Sorry, that question was meant for Mr/Ms Keep em Down. My mind just clicked into the song, "How you gonna keep em down on the farm?" So anyway, why didn't you just stay on the dole?

• DanielJuly 21, 2014 - 6:56 pm

CD is the liberal rag the NY Times good enough of a source for yo? I hope so because they don't become much more liberal. If this doesn't do it nothing will convince you of a fact that everyone knows- you're too far gone otherwise: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/opinion/21kristof.html

The Salvation Army serves 1,000-plus across 2 days

By Susan Hiland | From Page: A1, 7 Comments | Gallery

Blue Christmas service offers reflection, hope

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A1

Shining bright for all to see: Locals deck out yards, homes

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: C1, 1 Comment | Gallery

Time for annual Solano County quiz

By Brad Stanhope | From Page: A2

Bevy of holiday activities at Western Railway Museum

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A3 | Gallery

State Fair scholarship applications available

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A3

Get tested, know your status

By Morgan Westfall | From Page: C4

Free New Year’s celebration slated

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A5

New development fees start Jan. 1 in Vacaville

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A5

New technology chief will join McNaughton Newspapers

By Tanya Perez | From Page: B7 | Gallery

A word of warning for Senator Warren

By Bud Stevenson | From Page: B7, 9 Comments

Fairfield police log: Dec. 19, 2014

Suisun City police log: Dec. 19, 2014

Sky-high price has VA rationing hep C drug

By Tom Philpott | From Page: B10

Air Force admits nuke flaws, but will fixes work?

Officials: Missing dog was dyed to deceive

Immigrants build document trails to remain in US

California officer kills teen after machete attack

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5, 2 Comments

4 teens die in fiery head-on crash in Pennsylvania

2 dozen injured in southern Indiana bus crash

Texas ranchers seeking alternative incomes

By The Associated Press | From Page: A7, 1 Comment

North Korea proposes joint probe over Sony hacking

2 car bombs rock southern Sweden’s city of Malmo

Bombings kill 12 in Iraq

By The Associated Press | From Page: A10, 1 Comment

US sends 4 Afghans back home from Guantanamo

Panama’s Noriega in prison 25 years post-invasion

Burying the dead after Pakistan’s school massacre

A chance to breach divide for young in Cuba and US

Editorial Cartoon: Dec. 21, 2014

By Daily Republic Syndicated Content | From Page: A8, 1 Comment

New school finance strategy lacks accountability

By Dan Walters | From Page: A8

Season’s greetings from the Obamas

By Alexandra Petri | From Page: A8, 1 Comment

Sound off for Dec. 21, 2014

By Daily Republic | From Page: A8

Today in History: Dec. 21, 2014

By The Associated Press | From Page: A2, 4 Comments

Vatican offers olive branch to US nuns

By The Associated Press | From Page: C3, 1 Comment

Why celebrate Christmas?

By Noel Reese | From Page: C3, 2 Comments

Horoscopes: Dec. 21, 2014

By Holiday Mathis | From Page: C4

Should I ask grandson why we weren’t included in wedding photos?

By Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar | From Page: C4

Publisher hopes to sell books through Twitter

By The Associated Press | From Page: C6

Chris Colfer has multi-book deal

By The Associated Press | From Page: C6

Jerry Lee Lewis: Sustained by brief blaze of glory

By The Associated Press | From Page: C6

Review: ‘Five’ by Ursula Archer is intriguing

By The Associated Press | From Page: C6

PUBLISHERS WEEKLY BEST-SELLERS

By The Associated Press | From Page: C6

Interim coaching jobs present challenges in bowls

49ers squander 21-point lead in 4th straight loss

New Giants 3B McGehee eager to play back home

No. 11 Lady Vols trounce No. 7 Stanford 59-40

Eagles near elimination, fall 27-24 to Redskins

Raiders place cornerback Brown on injured reserve

Big moves bring big hope for Chicago baseball

US skier Nyman wins Gardena downhill for 3rd time

Vonn wins women’s World Cup downhill in France

This date in sports history for Sunday, Dec. 21, 2014

Your info has been hacked. Now what do you do?

On the money: 4 ways to hold on to your cash when renting a car

Recalls this week: Bean bag chairs, toy monkeys

Scarecrows outnumber people in dying Japan town

Dominic C. Scolaro