Web_OurView_YourView

Letters to editor

Walmart messing up my house

By From page A8 | July 13, 2014

Thanks to Suisun City and Walmart for waking me up every morning with loud noises. In fact, I was woken up last week to what sounded like gunfire only to find out it was a jackhammer. Yes, I screamed.

Second, what happened to the 6-foot sound barrier wall we were promised so generously last fall? My house is full of dust and debris inside and out. We have an overabundance of spiders, ants and other various bugs, along with rodents.

Are they going to come clean my house or exterminate? I think not. However on July 8, they decided in all their wisdom to trim the pine tree behind my house (which by the way kills every living thing in my yard, so it should be chopped down) without informing us and my 6-month-old puppy was almost hit by a falling branch into my yard. It may behoove them in the future to inform the public to keep all children and animals away from the fence due to the arborist trimming the trees.

I am not sure I am speaking for the rest of us who practically live on the new Walmart property, but some courtesy and respect sure would be nice. Along with pest exterminator and cleaning of our homes. The noise is also bothersome so maybe the wall you promised might be helpful.

Jeannie Slack

Suisun City

Letter to the Editor

• 2realJuly 13, 2014 - 10:46 am

Walmart was the dumbest idea for suisun since becoming a city. Potehole pete is about as stupid as he looks.

• unfairJuly 13, 2014 - 6:30 pm

We live in the Montebello housing and we also now have a bug and rodent problem that we didn't have previously. And from what I hear we are not the only ones in the housing track with the problem. Hundreds of dollars have been spent to get rid of them, won't see that money back.

• AundreaJuly 13, 2014 - 7:36 pm

Our quite neighborhood won't be any longer. Flmar needs to become a dead end road. Ans all those tress cut down.

• just a thoughtJuly 13, 2014 - 8:19 pm

Wow, now Wal-Mart is to blame for spiders and ants!

• JeannieJuly 14, 2014 - 5:02 pm

When there is an over abundance of spiders then yes I blame the building of Walmart, not Walmart itself. Plus, I was trying to make a point So thanks for being judgemental. If you don't live right next to where it's being built then you wouldn't know. The smells and debris alone are horrible. Again, this was a point I was making that the city and Walmart don't really care what the neighbors have to put up with because it's all about money to them and screw the little people and who knows what the value of my home will go to.

• AundreaJuly 14, 2014 - 5:06 pm

Them building their is causing rodents.and.bug problems. That was the point. Which u obviously missed

• CD BrooksJuly 14, 2014 - 5:24 pm

New construction always cause issues like this. Those animals critters were there long before the project and have no where to go. When it's all said and done you'll have an entirely different set of pests to deal with. Trust me.

Special Publications »