Letters to editor

Support Bertani for supervisor

I love Fairfield. I worked for the city for 10 years and bought my first house there. Now, as a small-business owner, I do business in Fairfield and often shop there. I have also lived in and worked in Suisun City. So, over the past few months I have followed with great interest and some disbelief and sadness the almost daily news reports of shootings and other related crimes in Fairfield and Suisun City.

I have also followed recent comments in the news made by two candidates in the 3rd District (Fairfield-Suisun City) Board of Supervisors race. One, Supervisor Jim Spering, has perhaps unwittingly implied that he is not “worried about” crime in one of the 3rd District’s cities, Fairfield. The other, Fairfield City Councilwoman Pam Bertani, has been so concerned about it that she has, throughout her tenure, worked with community partners to create programs that help fight crime.

Since January there have been 32 shootings and five shooting homicides in the 3rd District (one in Suisun City and four in Fairfield). I don’t live in the 3rd District. I’m in Vacaville, so why should I worry? Well, because Vacaville is only 14 minutes up the freeway and because crime in any city or unincorporated part of the county can potentially affect the public safety and economic resources/well-being of any other city or area.

Our elected leaders know this and should be concerned, “worried” about, and willing to work together to resolve any major problems in our county.

I have known Pam Bertani for some time. She is a hardworking, successful attorney who, along with her family, has lived in the 3rd District for 14 years. She truly cares about – and worries about – her community. As a supervisor, she will work to keep constituents involved in finding solutions to important issues; just as she has done as a council member in Fairfield.

Vote for Pam Bertani on June 3.

Deloris Roach

Letter to the Editor

• FairfieldMay 10, 2014 - 4:40 pm

No way! will i vote for Pam Bertani,she hasn't done anything for the better of Fairfield.

• JBMay 18, 2014 - 6:11 am

No.She has obligation to the people of Fairfield and she needs to fulfill it. Be advised she has not done much so she will not get my vote. Maybe she should do something and establish herself as a leader before she leaps.

• CD BrooksMay 18, 2014 - 6:37 am

Maybe you could convince Bertani to go to Vacaville in 2016? Rumor has it her position on the council will no longer be available here. She might do your city as much good as she's done ours.

• The MisterMay 18, 2014 - 7:00 am

Maybe this is Pam's version of 40 acres and a mule.

• JBMay 18, 2014 - 7:01 am

Maybe she should go back to Oakland. It seems as if the crime in Oakland followed her to Fairfield and she like the leaders in Oakland do nothing about it. History repeats itself.

• 2realMay 18, 2014 - 8:14 am

Bertani leave solano asap!! Once again youve paid someone to speak good about you. Ms. Roach, bertani is like your last name. She is disgusting and nothing but problems and we want to exterminate her!

• JagMay 18, 2014 - 9:26 am

I have no idea why I am keeping score because I really don’t care but this makes five articles for her and one article against, but every single time one of these comes out the comments are like twenty against her and zero for her, Pam save your money

• PUTINMay 18, 2014 - 1:01 pm

• Joseph D. JoyceMay 18, 2014 - 1:02 pm

I'm not in favor of Pam however I've been reading these opinion letters in support of each candidate. I have noticed that negative comments on anyone else's letter of support are deleted asap. Pam's remains. Spering maybe a better candidate based on experience, ask him about his friend Sharon England!