Web_OurView_YourView

Letters to editor

State Senate looks like Felons ‘R’ Us

By From page A11 | April 09, 2014

State Sen. Leland Yee, D-San Francisco, was arrested on charges ranging from corruption to the trafficking of illegal firearms, including rocket launchers, due to a sting operation by the FBI. These are federal charges against one of the most prolific anti-gun legislators in our state Capitol.

The list of charges extends to gang members and other miscreants to whom he allegedly pandered. Also emerging from the septic tank of our state capitol are others, such as Rod Wright, D-Inglewood, who was convicted of voter fraud and perjury. Another state senator, Ron Calderon, D-Montebello, was indicted last month on 24 counts of bribery. These federal charges were obtained through another FBI sting operation.

One has to wonder if this is only the tip of the iceberg. It may be appropriate for the FBI to set up a substation, or at least a few holding cells, in our state Capitol.

My granddaddy used to say, “When your livestock are missing, look around and see who’s getting fat.” I want my three-quarters of an acre and a yellow lab.

Chuck Hettlinger

Suisun City

Letter to the Editor

• The MisterApril 09, 2014 - 6:38 am

Great points, Chuck. I like your hat-tip to Minnie!

• CD BrooksApril 09, 2014 - 6:56 am

Yeah Chuck that's right you got 'em! I expect more from my politicians their acts are irresponsible and they should be punished. May I ask where you were when we were discussing the GOP plans to legislate legal discrimination in AZ? Have you spoken out against their war on voting and minority rights? Have you spoken out against the GOP war on women? How about their attempts to strip citizens of their rights in AZ, AK, TN, LA, OH, NY, KS, GA, IA, VA, FL, IL, IN, SD, and of course TX? OH! You didn't know about that? Right.

• @CD I am sorry to say you are a partisan ...April 09, 2014 - 7:09 am

Hack-up.... I mean HACK like most of the rest, Democrat or Republican supporters. Both parties are corrupt tools of the Bankers.... When will everyone WAKE UP... YOU PEOPLE ARE MAKING YOURSELVES SICK..... Snakes and Vultures regularly regurgitate.

• CD BrooksApril 09, 2014 - 8:18 am

StR, I really can't be considered a "partisan hack" because I do recognize there are some faulty politicians on both sides. I'm just not as quick to point out my own Party's foibles as the others because theirs are so blatantly obvious. But let’s be clear on one thing, my intention is to protect ALL of us by my efforts at safety by obeying the law. If my message gets through, a lot of the crime goes away. I firmly believe that and I will keep harping on it until somebody does something to change the way things are done. Have a wonderful day wherever you are! :)

• OK so CD prove yourself...April 09, 2014 - 11:19 am

On this Wednesday April 9 edition of the Alex Jones Show, Alex covers the latest developments on the federal government's persecution of a rancher over grazing rights in Nevada. The rancher, Cliven Bundy, will talk with Alex on today's worldwide broadcast. Bundy’s refusal to recognize federal authority over the land under dispute and his failure to pay tens of thousands of dollars in grazing fees stems from his assertion that his family’s history trumps Byzantine government bureaucracy. Alex also covers Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval's criticism of the feds after they established a “free speech zone” for Bundy supporters. Alex breaks down the Justice Department's assertion that gun owners need to wear RFID tracking bracelets and other important news.wwwinfowarscom......OK CD then prove you are not a hack.... get Web of Debt and The Public Bank Solution by Ellen Brown and read them... tell me what you think of them and next time I am in town I will give you a nice foot massage and kiss your feet.... See I have been trained to serve with no regard for my personal ego, safety, or well being, so see I am very humble.

• CD BrooksApril 09, 2014 - 11:42 am

StR, I'm not a hack you know it, everybody knows it. I won't waste any more of yours or my time. Toodles.

• JagApril 09, 2014 - 12:01 pm

We are just hearing about the democrats in California right now because they are (and will be ) in total control is has happen in the past to Republicans to, I think with power comes greed and some cannot handle it, we have to many people in Sacramento and it should only be part time job that would be a start