Web_OurView_YourView

Letters to editor

I support Abrams for DA

I strongly support Krishna Abrams to replace the current district attorney. As a retired employee of the District Attorney’s Office, I’ve had firsthand experience working with Abrams. She is hard-working, ethical and passionate with every case she prosecutes.

As a victim advocate for 23 years in the District Attorney’s Office, I had the opportunity to work with many attorneys. Krishna Abrams was by far one of the best. It was not only her skills in the courtroom that inspired me, but her compassion for victims and families, as she recognized their need for resolution to the pain and suffering they had undergone.

Abrams handles each and every case with the same level of intensity that any of us would want if we or a loved one were a victim of a crime. Whenever a case was assigned to her I was, without reservation, able to assure the families that they had the best prosecutor for the job. This is so important when any one of us have been affected by crime, to know that a capable lawyer will bring the offender to justice.

Unfortunately, crime is increasing in Solano County. Please research and see how many law enforcement agencies, in this county, are endorsing Abrams and then ask yourself, why?

Krishna Abrams will bring strong leadership and restore integrity to the District Attorney’s Office. Please join me in supporting Krishna Abrams on June 3.

Rita Sutliff

Retired victim advocate

Solano County District Attorney’s Office

Vacaville

Letter to the Editor

• DotMay 28, 2014 - 3:14 pm

Nice fluffy letter, Rita, but it is not the law enforcement AGENCIES that are endorsing Abrams - it is their UNION. Where a few make a decision for all.

• BadgeMay 28, 2014 - 8:51 pm

Nice heartfelt testimonial. Of all the endorsements, law enforcements is the one that matters most for the position of DA. Make no mistake, du Bain would love to have support from these law enforcement associations and actively sought them out. Unfortunately for him he was told NO. It's obvious that law enforcement has lost confidence in du Bain who was given ample opportunity to prove himself. His record fighting crime just isn't good enough. Abrams has a long history of working with law enforcement and securing convictions which keep our communities safe. Law enforcement works hard to get criminals off the street and want to know they have a DA who can close the deal. Abrams knows how to close the deal.

• Joseph D. JoyceMay 29, 2014 - 4:13 am

Dot, It's obvious that you know many law enforcement, Police Officers, Sheriff Deputies, Fire Personnel, or you don't know them well enough that you speak with them on a personal level. Active law enforcement officers do not generally endorse candidates publicly. However, their unions and associations do. This does not mean that a "few make a decision for all." you sound like you don't know what you're talking about. I know for certain you don't know many if any Fairfield PD or Solano County Sheriffs deputies because I know a ton. I have had sit down meetings with the Fairfield police Chief, the two captains, and spoke with a sgt. yesterday morning for an hour. All of them have told me that they support Krishna Abrams. May 20th I attended a meet and greet hosted by Krishna where I shook hands with many Sheriff Deputies and law enforcement officers from other surrounding cities. Please check your facts before you speak.

• see through youMay 29, 2014 - 1:23 pm

Joseph, quit trying to be Matt Garcia. You are not him. Go to school, get a job and be productive. "Community Activist" is not a job

• The ChiefMay 29, 2014 - 7:46 am

As usual the distinction between the law enforcement Agencies and unions, as Dot pointed out, are conveniently blurred. Of course unions are going to endorse Abrams for Kommisar - uh, I mean D.A. - after all, she does hail from the People's Republic of Davis. The majority of law enforcement personnel of my acquaintance are whole-heartedly giving their support on June 3rd to the only candidate who truly represents THEM, and that is District Attorney Donald DuBain. Vote, along with them, for Don DuBain, on June 3rd.

• Joseph D. JoyceMay 29, 2014 - 1:37 pm

I am nothing like Matt Garcia! I am older than you think. What a disgrace to Matt Garcia's vision and legacy. I can see right through you! Good luck with your unhappiness :)

• Joseph D. JoyceMay 29, 2014 - 1:42 pm