Friday, November 21, 2014

Government trying to steal rights

Web_OurView_YourView

From page A11 | August 20, 2014 |

“For the first time a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient and our world will follow our lead into the future.” Adolf Hitler, 1935.

Just remember the right to keep and bear arms was put into place because Americans had just finished fighting a war against a tyrannical government. When you vote, just think about who is trying to take away your rights.

Ed Nelson

Fairfield

Letter to the Editor

• Demarquis Abdullah WashingtonAugust 14, 2014 - 3:37 pm

The government is trying to steal rights? The government has already violated, denied and abridged the people's rights wholesale! We have a right to abolish the government in its present corrupt tyrannical form---by means of force if necessary! The second amendment is not a ''game hunter's rights'' amendment. Meanwhile the traitors and scum stockpile billions of rounds of ammo. To be used on guess who?---YOU!

• rlw895August 20, 2014 - 6:25 am

We don't have that right. The Constitution superseded the Declaration if Independence. We don't even have the right to secede from the Union, let alone take down the legitimately elected government by violent means. Get out and vote, big mouth, and persuade people to join you. That's all the Constitution allows, and that's all the right you have to do.

• Rick WoodAugust 14, 2014 - 4:28 pm

The right to keep and bear arms was preserved--not put in place--by a country that didn't want to have a standing army. It was also preserved because governments in Europe had restricted the right of unfavored minorities. Hitler continued that tradition by banning gun ownership of Jews.

• CD BrooksAugust 20, 2014 - 5:59 am

Mr. Nelson, please offer some evidence to substantiate your assertion.

• Tired-of-itAugust 20, 2014 - 9:58 am

Once again, CD, you are asking someone to produce facts to back their OPINION. Here's one for you. It's my opinion that it's ridiculous to ask him to substantiate an opinion. Now, tell me where one would find the facts to substantiate my opinion. You seem like an intelligent person. Think about it. Sometimes it appears you and Mike are trying to keep people from voicing their opinions by your responses. There aren't any facts to back that up of course, just your actions that seem to point that way.

• CD BrooksAugust 20, 2014 - 10:22 am

Tired-of-it, you have no clue what you're talking about, get over your self. The man expressed an opinion and attempted to draw from his interpretation of facts. "When you vote, just think about who is trying to take away your rights." I simply asked him to provide those facts. But he cannot, end of discussion.

• CD BrooksAugust 20, 2014 - 10:49 am

Tired-of-it, absolutely no question about it, I AM full of myself. But I am also right which is not a claim you can make. I do know the difference between fact and opinion and Mr. Nelson was trying to sneak one in. Not here my friend.

• Tired-of-itAugust 20, 2014 - 12:19 pm

Well, we finally agree. You are full of it alright. You still haven't said how his opinion is a factual statement. Because you can't. You just say your right. I say you're not. Prove me wrong with "facts". You know the kind that can be substantiated. Good luck with that. You two guys act like a couple of jackals just waiting for someone to voice an opinion in this paper, then pounce on them with ridiculous request for facts to opinionated statements. You obviously don't know the difference between opinion and fact. If all you have left is "Because I said so." Then you should look for a new hobby.

• CD BrooksAugust 20, 2014 - 4:57 pm

Tired-of-it, you still here? I cited the words Mr. Nelson used to establish his "opinion" as fact. Let me spell it out for you. He said (again), "When you vote, just think about who is trying to take away your rights." That is no longer an opinion, he is saying somebody is taking your gun rights. Who might that be and under what conditions? That is my question to him. How can you justify your statement presented as fact that somebody is taking away your rights? No longer an opinion, so looking for answers. I've been doing this for 30 years and have presented more facts in context than you can count. I never avoid anybody, never run and LOVE the debate. bring more, I will respond every time. Oh yeah, with the truth. You might not like it and you might disagree, but t is the truth.

• Tired-of-itAugust 20, 2014 - 6:12 pm

"...used to establish his "opinion" as fact." Okay, that right there is funny. Well, CD, is it an opinion or is it fact? It's Mr. Nelson's opinion someone is trying to take his and others rights. That's a pretty generic opinion, but you somehow believe you are very important and are entitled to demand more information. Trust me, you ain't that important. You are entitled to agree or disagree. Nothing more. You think his statement is a fact? Here's an example; It's my opinion you're a kook. Now, is that statement a fact? Are you a kook simply because that's my opinion? It looks to me that YOU believe it's a fact that someone is trying to take others rights. Can you read Mr. Nelson's mind to know what he's thinking? Are you now Miss Cleo? You've been attacking people for voicing their opinion for 30 years? Yep, it's time for you to find a new hobby. You're not very good at this one. On a side note and nothing to do with Mr. Nelson's letter. You seem to act like there aren't politicians who are trying to reduce the rights of gun owners. Is that a true statement?

• CD BrooksAugust 20, 2014 - 6:29 pm

Tired-of-it, you're making a ridiculous argument that does not stand up. Semantics. I made my case and you disagree no worries. I am totally comfortable with my position. Kook? Depends I suppose on who is reading this stuff. Nobody is trying to take away your legal guns, period. Salty Dog? Hello???

• Tired-of-itAugust 20, 2014 - 7:07 pm

No more ridiculous than you asking for facts to prove an opinion. Anyway, here we are. We can agree to disagree. No facts needed for that. Simple, wasn't it? Also, I'm so happy you can live with it. The kook thing was just an example to prove a point, as I stated. I also said I thought you were intelligent, although a little misdirected on the whole facts verses opinions thing. Now that that's out of the way. You say no one is trying to take anyone's "legal" guns. Funny play on words, CD. So every time a gun is added to the illegal gun list, you wouldn't consider that as taking someone's gun rights? I own guns that were bought legally that are now on the list. Would you consider that maybe my rights were infringed upon even a little?

• CD BrooksAugust 21, 2014 - 5:56 am

Tired-of-it, I believe it is you that is confused about fact vs. opinions but that's okay so long as you can live with it. We will agree to disagree. Now I'd like to know more about that list of illegal guns and who is responsible for it. The assault weapons ban had expired last I heard and not sure it has been reinstated?

• FDCAugust 21, 2014 - 7:32 am

CD, a partial list of handguns not allowed to be sold in California can be found at the following url: certguns.doj.ca.gov. (And the last period is not part of the url but is simply the end of the sentence.) Do some exploring at the California DOJ firearms site and you will find a bewildering compendium of firearms not allowed to be sold and in many cases possessed in California. The list grows every day because California keeps adding silly cosmetic restrictions on many firearms, restrictions which have nothing at all to do with shooting the darned things but which make someone feel good about "controlling." Firearm manufacturers have said "forget it, California, we'll just stop selling our wares to California dealers."

• CD BrooksAugust 21, 2014 - 8:24 am

FDC, thank you Sir, I appreciate your time and will look check it out.

• Tired-of-itAugust 21, 2014 - 10:56 am

I guess we'll both have to live with our own opinions. As far as your question about the firearms, I saw FDC's response before I saw your question. I don't wish to be redundant, so just let me say he answered it perfectly. I own firearms legally purchased I can't do anything with. They are registered so Big Brother knows I have them. They aren't kicking my door down to take them, yet, but they are basically worthless. Hey CD, would you like to buy a couple door stops? They certainly can't be purchased as firearms.

• Salty DogAugust 20, 2014 - 12:43 pm

CD all of the gun laws that are on the books and that the liberals keep pushing for and passing continue to slowly chip away at our gun rights is the only proof you and mike need to know but you do not care that we are slowly loosing our rights to own a gun so that we as a free people can defend our self's against a tyrannical government.

• CD BrooksAugust 20, 2014 - 4:49 pm

Salty Dog, I have asked you in the past repeatedly to back your statements. Please cite article and context that shows where you are losing your gun rights.

• CD BrooksAugust 21, 2014 - 5:58 am

Salty Dog??????????????????

• Mike KirchubelAugust 20, 2014 - 6:10 am

Mr. Nelson, You forgot to tell us who, exactly, is trying to take our guns away from us. Could you please write a follow up letter? Just let us know how many guns have been confiscated, where that has happened, and who did it. Thanks for warning us.

• Google...August 20, 2014 - 8:17 am

Sandy Hook PSYOP...... Why did the Government stage this if they are not going to try to take the guns..... Aurora was staged with real deaths by them also...

• http://www.cuttingedge.org/News/n2128.cfmAugust 20, 2014 - 8:25 am

Google...Protocols of ZION gun control...see..Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion - The Cutting Edge ..."When we come into our kingdom, our orators will expound great problems which have turned humanity upside down in order to bring it, at the end, under our beneficent rule. Who will ever suspect, then, that all these peoples were stage-managed by us according to a political plan which no one has so much as guessed at in the course of many centuries?" [End of Protocol No. 13 ]..... But for Zionist or Jew really substitute ILLUMINATI.... since there is a Jesuit/Catholic component and Protestant Components... and even Chinese, Arab etc... components..... It is the Devil's plan.... the Protocols

• Tired-of-itAugust 20, 2014 - 10:04 am

So, you disagree with Mr. Nelson's opinion. Why don't you just say that? Looked to me like he was telling people to think before they vote on gun control issues. Pretty simple. Maybe you should have thought before responding. He doesn't owe you an explanation for his opinion.

• Salty DogAugust 20, 2014 - 12:26 pm

Tired-of-it. That is just how Mike and CD operate they are always trying to spin a story. It is clear that they don't want any one to voice their opinions. They do not like other people to have the freedom of speech when they do not agree with it. They are liberals And that is how liberals operate.

• Tired-of-itAugust 20, 2014 - 1:55 pm

I totally agree with that statement, SD. I'm also finding out they are real good at dishing it out, but not too good at taking it. They remind me of those commercials where the voice says, "Show me the CarFax." Except in their case they keep parroting "Show me the facts." Of course, without ever offering any of their own. I have a feeling their problems are deeply rooted. Now, I can't wait for them to demand "facts" to prove that last opinion.

• FDCAugust 21, 2014 - 7:44 am

Mr. Kirchubel, I suspect that your question of "who" is trying to take away our guns (and the people's natural right to self defense) is either rhetorical or facetious. In either case, a partial list of gun grabbers includes: Nanny Bloomberg, Barak Obama, Dianne Feinstein, about 80 percent of the California legislature, the United Nations, and on and on. As for gun confiscation, I guess you just don't read much current news since reports appear almost daily of police raids and subsequent confiscation of lawfully owned firearms.

• Google....protocols for disarming american citizensAugust 20, 2014 - 1:15 pm

See....Obama Backs U.N. Bill to Disarm Americans Alex Jones' Infowars ... This is just in from Sen. Coburn’s office. Obama has authored a bill, and it is now in the Senate, to give the UN .7% of our GNP to be used to feed hungry 3rd worlders, AND to use UN force to disarm you and me and all gun owners. No one in the media has brought this to the attention of the general sheeple out here. RE: Obama’s bill S2433 passed the committee and going to the Senate

• JimboAugust 20, 2014 - 3:20 pm

The usual herp derp from the gun loons. No one is 'trying to take away your guns'. But many people are advocating for background checks. Perhaps some of you know that you could never pass one.

• Rick WoodAugust 20, 2014 - 6:24 pm

What about taking away the gun rights of kooks?

• @FDC can you see this? Please answer It IS IMPORTANTAugust 21, 2014 - 11:06 am

Today Thursday on Infowars....On this Thursday, August 21 edition of the Alex Jones Show, Alex covers the move toward a Syrian intervention by the U.S. as the establishment media sensationalizes the James Foley beheading and the threat of ISIS and its reach. He also breaks down the latest on the protests and attacks on journalists in Ferguson, Missouri as Attorney General Eric Holder comes to town and a grand jury investigates the Michael Brown shooting. On today's worldwide broadcast, Alex talks with San Francisco Bay Area architect and founding member of Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth, Richard Gage. Alex also talks with Dr. Edward Group in-studio. Dr. Group founded Global Healing Center in 1998 and currently serves as Chief Executive Officer. Dr. Group is at the forefront of the research and development team at the center and assumes a hands-on approach to producing new and advanced degenerative disease products and information.

• FDCAugust 21, 2014 - 11:41 am

IS IMPORTANT: No. Not interested. Stick to the subject, please. Thank you.

Drill helps hospitals deal with potential Ebola outbreak

By Ian Thompson | From Page: A1 | Gallery

Fairfield on film celebration set Saturday

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B1

Solano high school students bring robotics to Shanghai, China

By Susan Winlow | From Page: A1 | Gallery

Hanukkah Festival added to Holiday in the Park

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B1

Holidays present seasonal entertainment

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B1

Memories of Thanksgiving Days gone by

By Tony Wade | From Page: A2

Man shot at Suisun City apartment

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A3

Driver dies in Fairfield when pickup hits parked big rig

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A3, 1 Comment | Gallery

Fairfield police log: Nov. 19, 2014

Suisun City police log: Nov. 19, 2014

Emotions rise as people hear immigration plan

Obama spurns GOP with expansive immigration orders

By The Associated Press | From Page: A1, 1 Comment

Congress can’t ‘de-fund’ Obama on immigration

A look at the numbers in Obama’s immigration plan

California sheriff criticizes Obama on immigration

PG&E fined over alleged secret dealings

Deal divides billions in closed nuke plant’s costs

California tuition hike fight shifts to Sacramento

Feinstein: Drought relief bill out for this year

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5, 1 Comment

GOP’s success in House races ends in California

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5, 1 Comment

Insurance sign-ups outpacing first year enrollment

Man who killed co-worker, cut out heart released

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5, 1 Comment

St. Louis region prepares for Ferguson decision

Union: Ferguson officer does not expect charges

NOAA: Globe sets 5th hottest-month record of 2014

Roofs collapse as New York clobbered by more snow

Hearing draws apology, admission in air bag mess

Florida State shooter was well-liked but troubled

Officials downplay debates over Ebola aid response

Boko Haram said to kill about 45 people in Nigeria

Israeli mayor’s ban on Arab workers ignites uproar

Protesters, police clash in Mexico before marches

Egypt acquits doctor in female genital mutilation

Slain beauty queen, sister buried in Honduras

Why are we still changing clock times?

By Letter to the Editor | From Page: A11, 16 Comments

Editorial Cartoons: Nov. 21, 2014

By Daily Republic staff | From Page: A11

Musings on immigration, Ferguson, the president

By Bud Stevenson | From Page: A11

Thank you to businesses that support veterans

By Letter to the Editor | From Page: A11

By Letter to the Editor | From Page: A11

Today in History: Nov. 21, 2014

Community Calendar: Nov. 21, 2014

I have several part-time jobs and have no time or money for a personal life

By Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar | From Page: A9

Horoscopes: Nov. 21, 2014

By Holiday Mathis | From Page: A9

Week in preview Nov. 21-27, 2014

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B1

Mike Nichols, crafter of films, plays, dies at 83

Hollywood pays tribute to Mike Nichols

Five memorable movies from Mike Nichols

Highlights from Mike Nichols’ multi-genre career

Handler apologizes for watermelon joke at awards

O’Keeffe painting sells for record $44.4M in NYC

TV Land pulls ‘Cosby Show’ from lineup

Mysterious sculpture recovered from River Seine

Review: Revolution gathering in ‘Mockingjay

Entertainment calendar Nov. 21, 2014

By Susan Hiland | From Page: B4

How a ‘tiny hamster’ video gets made

By The Washington Post | From Page: B5

James Nesbitt as a father whose child disappears

Bulldogs, Wildcats into SJS quarterfinals

By Paul Farmer | From Page: B7

Raiders snap 16-game skid with 24-20 win vs. KC

Giants confident they’re in Pablo Sandoval chase

Intense Boldin keeps making big catches for 49ers

Lewis in range of big prize at Tour Championship

Hendrick gives Kahne 3-year contract extension

NASCAR: Johnson says Harvick was correct winner

Jared Goff growing into role of Cal’s ‘Golden Boy’

JC volleyball: Falcons have 4 players earn all-BVC honors

Manfred given 5-year term as baseball commissioner

Bills’ home game against Jets relocated to Detroit

AP source: Bermuda to host 2017 America’s Cup

FIFA to review World Cup corruption report

Union appeals Adrian Peterson’s suspension

This week in sports history for Friday, Nov. 21, 2014

Bjugstad leads Panthers to 3-2 SO win over Sharks

Prep football capsules: Week 12

By Paul Farmer | From Page: B10

Cousins, Gay lead Kings past Bulls, 103-88

LaCrosse rides Buick’s high reliability rating

By Ann M. Job | From Page: C1

Ford gets the aluminum F-150 ready for prime time

By The Associated Press | From Page: C2

Country of origin label for meat cuts endangered

Polls: Employers still prioritize health coverage

New Mexico lawmakers grill spaceport boss

Family gets $6.75 million in Botox treatment case

Gap names heads of namesake brand, Banana Republic

AT&T pays $23.8 M to settle hazardous-waste case

Soaring generic drug prices draw Senate scrutiny

US home sales rise in October

US unemployment aid applications fall to 291,000