Web_OurView_YourView

Letters to editor

Garamendi has my vote once again

A few days ago I wrote a letter to the editor in which I was very critical Rep. John Garamendi’s response to a request for information re: HR 411 for the establishment of a Fort McClellan Health Registry Act, and I indicated that I would not vote for him based on this action.

Well, I owe him an apology. I acted in a bit of haste and didn’t allow sufficient time for his office to act further. I was very pleased to speak with him the morning of May 14 and learn that he has, in fact, a vested interest in this legislation. I should have listened to my mother when she always said, “Haste makes waste.”

I want these readers to know that Garamendi is concerned about his constituents and that voting for him could well be a good choice for them.

Carol Schoon

Fairfield

Letter to the Editor

• Rich GiddensMay 18, 2014 - 8:38 am

The squeaky wheel gets the grease! In all fairness,Mr. Thompson may have made an honest mistake when he addressed Carol as ''Mr.'' In Eastern Europe, Carol can be a man's name---it was Pope John Paul II's first name too.

• S KMay 18, 2014 - 8:41 am

Sorry, he may have had mine, but I already voted against him, IN PEN, on my absentee ballot for one simple reason. I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF ALL THE CALLS FROM HIS CAMPAIGN, despite the fact they get a recorded message from my answering machine that all scammers and telemarketers are to NOT CALL MY NUMBER, which is on the DO NOT CALL list. I realize that politicians are exempt from that rule, but never the less, he has LOST MY VOTE, just because of THAT!!!!!

• chrisMay 18, 2014 - 1:23 pm

I know the calls may be annoying but have you stopped to think you may vote for someone who will not serve this district as well as Garamendi over your silly whining? No wonder America is going down the toilet because voters like you are foolish and whiners.

• S KMay 18, 2014 - 2:53 pm

Tough>>He LOST IT!!!!!

• A FMay 18, 2014 - 11:04 pm

I think "America is going down the toilet" because we keep electing leaders like Garamendi who put Party before Country. He promoted the big lies about Obamacare and refuses to hold his party leaders (including the President) accountable for the scandals (IRS, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, etc.). His Party's policies are destroying our economy and ruining our stature around the world.

• S KMay 19, 2014 - 7:44 am

One reason my Wife and I became NON-DECLARED after over or near 40 years of being Republicans. Aligning with a party sucks, is really dumb. Even as as REPUG I crossed party lines most times, hardly ever voting PARTY, but rather for whomever I thought would be the best person for the position. Personally I got tired of the Party of, "NO," blocking Barack on each and every issue, even on things that were their own ideas, simply because Barack agreed with them, hence now NON-DECLARED. Actually IMO, it doesn't matter much at all, which party is in charge. It is all the same, hardly anything gets done. I for one was for ObamaCare, always feeling that it was pathetic that the richest country in the world, unlike so many other industrialized nations, left so many High & Dry, when they got ill. Being medically treated when ill should be a basic right. Sure I know the plan has problems, but FIX THOSE, tweaking them, not throwing the baby out with the bath water. Presidents all the way back to Teddy Roosevelt and even Ronnie Reagan wanted to do something about it, but only Barack GOT ER DONE. But this would be a whole 'nother thread & argument, for another time :-). Anyway, I am about to buy a 1,500 call blocking device from amazon, since ATT's call blocking feature only allows up to ten numbers on the list, then I can permanently stop these very annoying Garamendi calls. OOPS sorry, didn't mean to sound Whiny again to that one M_RON :-)

• S KMay 19, 2014 - 7:46 am

Anyway, that was My, "Commentary of The Day By SK," :-)

• Rich GiddensMay 18, 2014 - 2:20 pm

So when is Johnny going to tell Nancy that her VA regional center in Oakland is the worst in the nation and needs to be fumigated?

Special Publications »