Web_OurView_YourView

Letters to editor

Fireworks are a liability

By From page A11 | July 04, 2014

When will cities wake up and learn that all fireworks should be banned? To say that it is a fundraiser for organizations is ridiculous.

There are other ways to raise money besides selling things that endanger people and their homes. We live in an area with strong winds. It doesn’t take much for an errant firework to destroy everything that people have worked hard for. Maybe it’s time that these organizations and the cities that allow the sales are held accountable for all the fires that are started by fireworks, whether they sold the actual fireworks that started the fire or not.

I know this will never happen but these sales need to be stopped.

Cyndy Nelson

Fairfield

Letter to the Editor

• Mr. PracticalJuly 04, 2014 - 7:08 am

Cyndy, Suisun has allowed Safe & Sane fireworks for the past two years. Tell us of even one fire caused by their use.

• Donelle KucalaJuly 04, 2014 - 7:45 am

I totally agree with Cyndy, Last night in Fairfield fireworks were going off left and right scary not only the dogs in the neighborhood but people. I am for a state wide ban , This will make it much easier on the police and fire. We have many great Professional Firework functions for families. lets leave to the experts.

• Jose MadreJuly 04, 2014 - 8:08 am

Yes....this ban will make it easier for police. Just like gun laws, right?? Oh yea, that doesn't work!!!! Get a grip on reality you nitwit....it's not going to stop. If you're locked in your home, scared of the fireworks, maybe you should grow up, put on your big girl panties (something tells me they're VERY big) and deal with it. Or just move somewhere else....at least stop posting your 1gnorant views here.

• JazzAzzJuly 04, 2014 - 8:40 am

Well you sound like another M_RON law breaker. While out back yesterday later afternoon, I must have heard AND FELT, like what sounded like another M80. You could feel the shock wave, and the Suisun PD apparently either doesn't care or is too busy chomping on their donuts. Gadwall area seems to be a hot bed for these activities every year, for days on end. If it was up to me, I'd bust them with a minimum 30 days in county lockup!!!!!!!

• Jose MadreJuly 04, 2014 - 10:40 am

So JazzAzz, are you telling me you believe it's a priority for police to spend their time and resources on what is an infraction or at best a misdemeanor? Really?? Unfortunately, 1diots like you are the one's that call the cops and report non crimes, like people lighting off legal fireworks. Side note: Did you know that if an officer doesn't see with his/her own eyes a misdemeanor committed, they can't arrest (or even cite). They would need whoever saw the crime to step forward and be a witness for a citizen's arrest. So....let me guess, you're too much of a wimp to even think of doing that. I thought so. Punk.

• SKJuly 04, 2014 - 1:13 pm

Show me where an officer can't see a misdemeanor with his/her own eyes, LAW BREAKER??? Was it a felony or misdemeanor when you illegally crossed the border, Homey???

• Mr. PracticalJuly 04, 2014 - 1:24 pm

SK, that comment crossed the line.

• SKJuly 04, 2014 - 1:40 pm

My friend JazzAzz does not like being called a punk. He's busy so I relayed the message!!!

• The SugarJarJuly 04, 2014 - 5:00 pm

Maybe it's just me, but I really prefer the insults be neither racist nor sexist. I do appreciate SK avoiding the sexist on response to the wimp punk comments. The border insult was an interesting choice as it would surprise me if the person writing under Jose Madre (Joe Mama?) was actually either Hispanic or using his/her (his) real name.

• skJuly 04, 2014 - 7:10 pm

Joe MaMa, now that is a funny thought>>LOL. never occurred to me, but I do regret the remark I made, but he really insult my close Bud.

• The SugarJarJuly 04, 2014 - 5:06 pm

Jose Madre, the very big big girl panties a nice dig if you are going the sexism route. Maybe she's unattractive too besides large ...

• The SugarJarJuly 04, 2014 - 7:20 pm

I haven't read anything on the DR online comments or in the DR about fireworks and PTSD. I have read just a little elsewhere and would be interested in personal accounts (named or not) from people willing to share. Could make an interesting article.