Web_OurView_YourView

Letters to editor

Fairfield’s main problem is the mayor

By From page A13 | April 23, 2014

For many years now Fairfield has seen a significant increase in violent crime, has fallen into disarray, cluttered with old, abandoned, dilapidated buildings and unattractive landscape. We are in need of a major revitalization effort.

In addition, we need an effective plan to combat crime and return our neighborhoods to the safe, friendly communities they once were. Born in and residing in Fairfield all my life, I am deeply devastated and outraged by our most resent tragedies. I can no longer sit back and watch, read and listen.

I met April 16 with Mayor Harry T. Price to see exactly what his plan of action is. In return, he delivered, as others have also claimed, word games and rhetoric devices. After leaving his office, I am now even more convinced that Price is practicing economic segregation by diverting local tax dollars and California state redevelopment funds to areas of higher economic interest. Meanwhile, the lower-income neighborhoods continue to decline.

Please educate yourselves on our mayor and his politics by doing a Google search for “Harry Price Mayor.”¬†You may provide feedback comments and ideas via my Facebook page: I’m From Fairfield Too.

Joseph D. Joyce

Fairfield

Letter to the Editor

• LilApril 22, 2014 - 9:54 am

Ok, I googled Harry Price Mayor. What was I supposed to see? What proof do you have that Price is practicing economic segregation? Because Google doesn't have anything.

• Joseph D. JoyceApril 23, 2014 - 6:40 am

The information about Price is not on the first few search pages. spend a few minutes to look. The information is between pages 6-9.

• Joseph D. JoyceApril 23, 2014 - 6:42 am

Also it should be very obvious that the money isn't going to North or West Texas, tabor etc. It stay's on Gateway and in front of the government buildings. That's not by accident.

• BobApril 23, 2014 - 6:40 am

Funny, I'd say the same thing about Pothole Pete He brings in walmart thinking it's going to help and that hasn't helped yet, but Ace Hardware closed how many other businesses will close because of Walmart? Will he use the extra money to pay back the redevelopment money he never gave back? Instead he spent it as fast as possible I'm beginning to think the only way we can get rid of the corrupt bunch that runs Suisun City is to wait til they are all in wheel chairs and roll them out

• JagApril 23, 2014 - 10:02 am

Bob, Harry does not run Suisun he runs Fairfield, I made a comment a couple of weeks ago when we were talking about Pam and I said Harry has got to go but that is not going to happen until people get out and out vote the senior citizen again I hate to make it an old vs young but that is the simple side of it and that is how he stays in office, I would like to see three or four candidates run together as a team and say this is what we stand for and this team will have the votes on the city council to pass it all

• Dodge N PotholesApril 23, 2014 - 10:10 am

I heard that some general fund money has gone to repair some of the landscaping in the assessment districts including where the city manager lives. Anyone know if this is true?

• Rich GiddensApril 23, 2014 - 10:19 am

The politicians and State / Local Government employees are the nation's worst! I call Price ''Father Government'' because he's all for welfare, illegal aliens, section 8 housing, food stamps, Agenda21, Common Core, ----everything that we don't want!

• 2realApril 23, 2014 - 4:39 pm

All i know is keeping harry in office isnt worth the PRICE were paying!!

• DsteveApril 23, 2014 - 9:59 pm

We are in this situation due to the council over the past 15 years. Price definately was part of it but I would argue more was Batson and Farley. Batson was so concerned with protecting the Suisun Valley that he preached "infill" aka ghettos, and Farley was dumb enough to back every play. Batson made sure to put the interests of the Valley ahead of the City residents whom he represented.