Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Columnist Kirchubel doesn’t know facts

Web_OurView_YourView

From page A8 | November 17, 2012 |

When I open up the newspaper and see yet another insipid column by Mr. Kirchubel, I am seriously tempted to cancel my subscription. Is this the best Fairfield can do for a “columnist?” I suspect there are others out there who feel the same as I do.

As usual, I could only get through the first paragraph, which contained his usual infantile “analysis.” He wrote, “Truth, justice and the American way won out over lies and all that money.” Really? If he would dig into facts, he would find that Mr. Obama is the one who lies and withholds the truth, and Mr. Obama also spent a lot of money on the campaign. By the way, Mr. Obama is one of those “rich” people.

Why does Mr. Kirchubel feel it is the government’s right and obligation to take money from the rich? I have a sneaking feeling that since he has not been successful in his life, he is a wee bit jealous of the rich and successful.

And yes, rich people do create jobs. While Mr. Kirchubel speaks of scientists finally finding a way to get money out of the rich, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that when rich people spend money on all kinds of goods and services they are creating jobs: the retail establishments, the factories or businesses that produce the goods and services, the delivery of such, the people who have jobs at those establishments who in turn spend money and so on and so forth.

Oh, and in case Mr. Kirchubel doesn’t understand this, those nasty rich people usually buy more goods and services than us poor people, and by doing so, pay more in taxes than we poor people.

Patricia Sivigliano

Fairfield

Letter to the Editor

• Mike kirchubelNovember 17, 2012 - 6:20 am

Thank you for reading the introductory paragraphs of my articles.

• Danny BuntinNovember 17, 2012 - 7:25 am

No worries Mike, she sounds like she will extend a helping hand - in your time of need. You are not wealthy, so obviously your life is a failure based on her litmus test. The rich really do create jobs, because that is their mission in life. To make sure every person has a job. This woman no doubt has a picture of herself with the caption "Job Creator of the Year". Talk about sticking your nose in the air, to the little people whom might be lucky enough to work for such a giving boss. Sounds more to me like she is upset that people are not buying into her form of trickle down economics. Lady it has never worked, jobs are created by demand from consumers, not by your generosity of hiring people do to your self imagined big heart.

• Guess Who?November 17, 2012 - 8:55 am

I still love you Mike!...ooops kind of flirting again.....Well really I just like you alot (on some days, at some specific times, when you write about some specific things, AOT = At Other Times, not so much). No guts, No glory, correct!

• Mike kirchubelNovember 17, 2012 - 10:17 am

Thanks, STR. Im happy with just a few of you guys liking me every once in a while. No great expectations here. It appears as though some of the corporatists have licked their wounds And are coming back out into the daylight again.

• RichNovember 17, 2012 - 12:52 pm

Reading your columns is like having to listen to Hitler or North Korea's leaders--its horrible and intolerable. None of us want to hear how everything is the citizen and taxpayer's fault and that we should just fork more over for tyrants like Obama to decide.

• rlw895November 17, 2012 - 2:31 pm

Mike: That's right, your first paragraph is usually provocative, and you follow up with the support of your research. To criticize you for provoking in an opinion column is strange, especially when the critic doesn't dispute your facts with facts of her own, just more provocative opinion. The irony.

• Tom ChalkNovember 17, 2012 - 5:00 pm

RLW: GMAB. There is not one RELEVANT fact in MK's recent column that backs up his first paragraph thesis ("Truth, justice and the American way won out over lies and all that money"). Sounds like you don't agree with a "tit for tat" exchange in the DR arena. Opinions do matter. Let's quit poo-pooing those of us who offer them. After all, Mr. K. does it all the time.

• rlw895November 17, 2012 - 10:01 pm

Fair enough Tom. I wasn't thinking about that specific column, but I should have.

• Yes good idea Mr. Chalk....November 18, 2012 - 11:22 am

Maybe we should just foo foo each other if we do not agree.

• rlw895November 18, 2012 - 12:23 pm

So let's do our own fact search to see if Mike's thesis is supported. No one can argue about who won the election, and we can skip over "truth, justice, and the American way," and just focus on "truth," which is checkable. So, what's your favoite Obama whopper? Or same for Romeny? Or better yet, if you're an Obama supporter, rat him out and tell us what you think was his biggest lie. Romney supporters can do the same for Romeny. I'm an Obama supporter, so I'll start. I think Obama's claim to be a protector of civil rights is waylaid by his clinging to the powers usurped by the Bush administration in the name of national security. I also think his claim that Romney-Ryan would return to the fiscal policies of the Bush years was overblown. No one wants to do that. I'm also not convinced, yet, that Obama is committed to the middle class.

• rlw895November 20, 2012 - 3:04 pm

No takers? We can't start solving problems together until we stop fighting with each other. Playing my game would help. But OK.

• Sir VesaNovember 20, 2012 - 3:12 pm

RLW: WDGS?

• rlw895November 20, 2012 - 4:31 pm

SirV: ?

• Sir VesaNovember 20, 2012 - 4:43 pm

RLW: Please refer to my commentary on What Does Google Say?(WDGS) under the Attacks on President Obama Unfounded thread. I believe it will fundamentally change this website as we know it.

• Tom ChalkNovember 18, 2012 - 2:13 pm

Yes, let's. But it's "poo poo," not "foo foo." Foo foo is a cheap cologne. To "foo foo" someone, you must douse them in cheap cologne. Come to think of it, not a bad idea. Not bad at all. But to disagree with someone is ok, too. No need to bludgeon each other with "fact" after "fact" on each and every post, is there?

• She who laffs last, laffs bestNovember 18, 2012 - 2:38 pm

**********Foo foo - An adjective describing something that is very pretty or cute but has no real utilitarian value. Something that is nice to look at but serves no other purpose. See this is nicer. ?, or am I just cuckoo. Better be nice to me or I will "clean your clock" MR......(means to thoroughly take someone to task)

• Tom ChalkNovember 18, 2012 - 2:55 pm

Foo foo: Men's cologne or aftershave.--Urban Dictionary; definition number six. That's about as nice as I can put it:)

• Tom RawlingsDecember 12, 2014 - 12:23 pm

Mr. Kirchubel, We have been reading Vile Acts of Evil for a couple years now and are very impressed with the volume of research and your knowledge of the plight of our nation's money system. We agree with nearly everything you say. I myself have been researching and writing about the history of money from the time of the goldsmiths to the present and have come to the conclusion that it lines up with your own research, but we would go even further and suggest that the big banks, especially the Rothschild s, have set up our republic, and that the only solution is the "free democratic republic" on the local level as we see developing in the state of North Dakota. In my own research, reading alternative accounts of the revolution and the constitution, not commonly taught in our classrooms, I find a whole different story. It would be such a privilege to hear what you have to say about these shocking facts that are swept under the table and are now threatening our freedoms and liberties on a daily basis. Would you consider reading and commenting on my own 44 page, eight year endeavor to uncover the truth and inform the public about these issues? Tom

• Danger Will Robinson.... remember B careful Trust but verify or TRUST NO ONEDecember 12, 2014 - 1:54 pm

rothschild asset management ny...... this Tim Rawlings? of Rothschild asset management.... OK maybe the buy out offer is at hand.... you have arrived?

• mike kirchubelDecember 12, 2014 - 2:56 pm

44 pages can hardly cover the subject matter, but i would be happy to look at it and tell you what i think. I must tell you, i've done this before for others, with similar requests, and they've never liked the result. My email is no secret. It is listed at the bottom of every article i've written here.

• StRDecember 12, 2014 - 3:03 pm

But can you understand Michael how majorly frustrating your book and attempts to point the finger at only the Republicans.. is? ( OK so I am not a good writer like you sometimes are ).... Just so everyone knows as with everything, it is a Democrat/Republican tag team that really owns our money supply and that Every .... Every war is a Bankers War... sponsored by both Democrats and Republicans.

• mike kirchubelDecember 12, 2014 - 5:45 pm

The book is mostly written by historians, economists, newspaper writers, and bankers. The fact (FACT) that the Republicans caused so much misery to the Americañ public is not just me being all lovey dovey with the Democrats. The Repubs are responsible for their own actions and the Dems have not been nearly as toxic.

• ?December 12, 2014 - 6:24 pm

Thomas Woodrow Wilson (December 28, 1856 – February 3, 1924) was the 28th President of the United States from 1913 to 1921 and leader of the Progressive Movement. He served as President of Princeton University from 1902 to 1910 and was Governor of New Jersey from 1911 to 1913. He led his Democratic Party to win control of both the White House and Congress in 1912. Wilson induced a conservative Democratic Congress to pass a progressive legislative agenda, unparalleled until the New Deal in 1933.[1] This included the Federal Reserve Act, Federal Trade Commission Act, the Clayton Antitrust Act, the Federal Farm Loan Act and an income tax. And he took us into WW1… The Federal Reserve Act was a part of the banking and currency reform plan advocated by President Wilson in 1913. The chairmen of the House and Senate Banking and Currency committees sponsored this legislation; representative Carter Glass, a Democrat of Virginia and Senator Robert Latham Owen, a Democrat of Oklahoma. Seems very toxic to me. LB Johnson was in on the assassination of JFK, and ramped up the Vietnam war and JFK was actually going to have our own treasury print our own money. What is wrong w/you Mike?

• Creature from Jekyll Isand I am being mirrored again?December 12, 2014 - 6:33 pm

• mike kirchubelDecember 12, 2014 - 6:36 pm

As pointed out in the book, Wilson was owned by the bankers. Johnson did a lot of good, along with the bad. Now, weigh those two against the history of the Repubs.

• U R Bing SkankyDecember 12, 2014 - 7:16 pm

I dislike you.

• Tom RawlingsDecember 15, 2014 - 4:36 pm

Thanks for your reply. The 44 pages are only an overview of what I have learned. Perhaps it could help other "newbies" like I was 8 years ago. The history that we read in our history books is all written by the victors- the money-masters, led by the Rothschild dynasty, Even our founding fathers, especially Robert Morris, Gouverneur Morris, Hamilton, Washington- all were intent to establish a centralized bank system on the lines of the Bank of England, therefore this is not a partisan issue between democrats and republicans- they are simply pawns in the pockets of international banking elites, who inherited their wealth from the British banking system, to this day. The constitution was just a tool to keep their system under statute law. Americans would not accept the constitution as it was written because it took away so much of their control over the government- and so they demanded its revision through amendments. The ruling money class loves to see partisanship, in fact they profit from it. Our democrat/republican bickering just takes our attention away from the real important issues of our borrowed money supply. Capitalism, that is the free market system, is not a bad thing. It has been abused. The major problem is privately-controlled centralized banking. Your book explains that well. Anytime a private interest issues a nations currency, it is an egregious conflict of interest. Why should Wall Street Banks, who control Fed stocks, profit, sending off our young men to fight and die in the wars they create?!!!! Why should a private banking system have the sole authority to create a devastating Great Depression, literally murdering millions of American citizens just because local independent banks refused to comply with the fed's oppressive banking tactics? I'd love to get your feedback on my, simplistic paper-, pro or con. All I care about is the truth. This is not an ego trip for me. Tom By the way I am NOT the Tom Rawlings of Rothschild Asset Management- (the above did not post last time I tried- trying again)P.S. My brother Skip has literally worn his copy out! It is quite a mental endeavor to comprehend it- I can hardly imagine what it must have been to write it! incredible- Skip is getting a copy of it for his girlfriend for xmas- I am getting one as well. Thank you Mike- you have friends in us. tom

• mike kirchubelDecember 16, 2014 - 9:28 am

Thanks, Tom. That will just about double my book sales for this year. I'm not sure Washington was so thrilled to start a central bank. Hamilton, yes. Jefferson, no. They argued their positions to Washington, who went with Hamilton on the thinnest of reasons. I would look closer at Hamilton's ties, but it gets very murky that far back.

• The Enforcer says to readDecember 16, 2014 - 10:03 am

Unruly Americans and the Origins of the Constitution by Woody Holton.... I say to read The Public Bank Solution and Web of Debt by Ellen Brown.... we who have looked at it know the banking system is evil.... For the secular among us WE SHOULD BE LOOKING FOR SOLUTIONS.... also Raed No More National Debt by Bill Still.... For the real Christians we should continue to resist but... READ REVELATION IN THE BIBLE... see pastor Steven Anderson's sermons on Youtube. Mike you should explain to us why returning to a "Gold standard will not work.

• Tom RawlingsDecember 15, 2014 - 4:41 pm

Thanks for your reply. The 44 pages are only an overview of what I have learned. Perhaps it could help other "newbies" like I was 8 years ago. I'd love to get your feedback on my pretty simplistic paper-, pro or con. All I care about is the truth. This is not an ego trip for me. Tom By the way I am NOT the Tom Rawlings of Rothschild Asset Management- (the above did not post last time I tried- trying again)P.S. My brother Skip has literally worn his copy out! It is quite a mental endeavor to comprehend it- I can hardly imagine what it must have been to write it! Incredible!- Skip is getting a copy of it for his girlfriend for xmas- I am getting one as well. Thank you Mike- you have friends in us. tom

• mike kirchubelDecember 16, 2014 - 9:47 am

Tom, my email is on the first page of the book. I put it there for people just like you, with questions.

• Tom RawlingsDecember 15, 2014 - 4:43 pm

Test- having trouble posting here...

• Skip RawlingsDecember 17, 2014 - 1:40 pm

Hi Mr. Kirchubel, I'm Tom Rawlings' brother, Skip. I want to let you know how important your book "Vile Acts of Evil" has been to enlighten me of the true hidden history of our country. Every American should read your book. If enough people knew the hard truth behind our banking system we could convince congress to take back our country from the institutionalized pillagers of our currency. Americans have been given a whitewashed version of history in order to keep the "money confiscation" machine running. America's monetary policy allows commercial banks to make indentured slaves of the American worker through compounding interest debt on our borrowed money supply. Established as a for-profit shareholder-owned privately controlled enterprise the banking system is allowed to confiscate through statute law compounding interest profits on virtually every dollar, cash or credit, of America's currency through fractional reserve lending and usurious interest debt. Amazing how well the secrets have been kept from the public all these years. While I try to tell people the Fed is private, they insist it's not --- and become indignant. Unbelievable! That's effective indoctrination! As a Christian, I can see how your research exposing the money manipulators and how they are amassing most of the world's gold--- will eventually lead to their dominance toward a one world government and single global currency. The Bible speaks of a future where no one can buy or sell without the mark of the Beast. Banks create nothing but pieces of paper we accept as money, yet they and their mega-wealthy friends will accumulate most of our nation's wealth including the gold and any private property, still under contract, confiscated through foreclosure and bankruptcy when the Fed decides to create another "grander" Great Depression.

• mike kirchubelDecember 18, 2014 - 11:21 am

Thanks, Skip for your kind words. Keep reading and preaching. The more people that know what's going on, the better the chance for change.

• CD BrooksNovember 17, 2012 - 7:42 am

Seems the site is a little sluggish after a day off? Oh well, off to Culinary class, have a good day!

• jafNovember 17, 2012 - 8:10 am

Patricia, I totally agree with you. Every time I see Mike Kirchubel's name on a post, I know it is going to be a condescending rant on everything conservative. I'd be interested in knowing what Mike does/did for a living. Whatever he did, you can be sure he wasn't a business owner who had to hire people, pay for their health care, etc. He is much to generous with other people's money. Makes me think he has little of his own. All of his writing is just sour grapes.

• JonesyNovember 17, 2012 - 10:28 am

I find it amazing how Mikes column inspires so many readers to write so many letters to the editor. I find it even more amazing that they can do so based on only reading the first paragraph. These folks are the type that can form an opinion based solely on headlines & FOX. Keep up the good work Mike. I enjoy reading your column(even past the first paragraph)& posts.

• Mike kirchubelNovember 17, 2012 - 11:42 am

Thanks, everybody. I think the DR editors like to know that somebody is reading the paper , even if they say they hate the writers. I consider the hate mail to be a plus. And Its Not like i dont know that im irritating some people by confronting their biases And prejudices. i think maybe soneone will read beyond the first paragraph And be so outraged that they will do some reasearch And find out the truth for themselves. on second thought, probably wont ever happen.

• Glen FaisonNovember 17, 2012 - 1:21 pm

@Mike Kirchubel: You're putting yourself out there, which is more than most people can say. Material on the opinion page should provoke thought, and should expose people to a variety of viewpoints. Whether or not everyone agrees with your point of view is not important: What's important is that people think about what they believe, and why they believe it. In that sense you, and our other local columnists, are providing a very real public service.

• The SugarJarNovember 17, 2012 - 1:28 pm

Test.

• Mike kirchubelNovember 17, 2012 - 1:28 pm

Thank you, Glen. Very much appreciated.

Records detail shooting victim’s court history

By Jess Sullivan | From Page: A1, 31 Comments | Gallery

Vallejo youth wins county spelling bee

By Ian Thompson | From Page: A1 | Gallery

25th annual Rush Ranch Open House on April calendar

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A2

Saturday Club schedules Shower of Flowers event

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A3

Vacaville to break ground for new fire station

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A4

Symphony opportunity, scholarships available

By Susan Winlow | From Page: A4

City manager begins State of the City talks

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A4

Searchers find 84-year-old missing nearly a day

By Kevin W. Green | From Page: A4, 1 Comment | Gallery

Free Healthier Living workshops begin this week

By Kevin W. Green | From Page: A5

Music teachers receive program grants

By Susan Winlow | From Page: A5

Group plans Haiti missions fundraisers

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A6, 2 Comments

Travel presentation ready to roll in Vacaville

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A6

Vallejo woman hit, killed by vehicle

By Ian Thompson | From Page: A6

Workshops offer information on child support process

By Kevin W. Green | From Page: A6

Water park to host first Easter egg hunt, swim

Helen Mirren film set for debut

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B9 | Gallery

Frazier to deliver keynote at Solano EDC event

By Kevin W. Green | From Page: B10

WIB to host regional career fair

By Kevin W. Green | From Page: B10 | Gallery

Fairfield police log: March 29, 2015

Fairfield police log: March 28, 2015

By Susan Hiland | From Page: A14, 2 Comments

Suisun City police log: March 29, 2015

Suisun City police log: March 28, 2015

Man struck by car, injured

By Ian Thompson | From Page: A14

Papers receive emails from people claiming to be kidnappers

Police: Man, woman found dead after medical office shooting

Endangered bighorn sheep moved to Yosemite, Sequoia parks

By The Associated Press | From Page: A7 | Gallery

Family: Man dead at Hollywood Hills home is Andrew Getty

Tuskegee Airman Leslie A. Williams dies in California at 95

California man attemps Guinness record as oldest pilot

3D print technology provides ‘robohand’ to 7-year-old girl

By The Associated Press | From Page: A7 | Gallery

Defense rests in 1st phase of Boston Marathon bombing trial

State Department found 4 emails about drones sent by Clinton

Woman charged with stabbing boyfriend after salsa argument

Police: Prisoner who stole gun, fled hospital found in DC

US releases military aid to Egypt, cites national security

Indiana governor wants changes to religious-objections law

Dress-wearing man killed by NSA police had lengthy record

Exercising critically ill patients may help speed recovery

By The Associated Press | From Page: A10 | Gallery

Transportation strike shuts down Argentina

Nigerian troops prevent Boko Haram attacks

Iran nuke talks extend past deadline

Relief program paid millions for ‘flawed’ work

Buhari defeats Goodluck Jonathan in Nigerian election

Rebuild Gaza to avert next war

By Former President Jimmy Carter | From Page: A13

Reid’s US Senate legacy: Obstruction

By Jennifer Rubin | From Page: A13, 20 Comments

State moves up national school spending chart

By Dan Walters | From Page: A13

Today in history: April 1, 2015

By Maureen Fissolo | From Page: A2

Community Calendar: April 1, 2015

Horoscopes: April 1, 2015

By Holiday Mathis | From Page: B7

Should we sent wedding invitations to relatives we know can’t come?

By Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar | From Page: B7

Dressing up spring asparagus with an easy brown butter sauce

Olympic champ Gabby Douglas’ family to get reality show

Raiders release DT Antonio Smith

Tennessee hires former Texas coach Rick Barnes

Thunder star Kevin Durant has bone graft surgery

Stanford’s Christian McCaffrey showing off versatility

NASCAR driver Kyle Larson released from hospital

Barry Zito’s scoreless streak ends; A’s beat Angels 13-10

Cubs will track noise so Wrigley rehab doesn’t disturb fans

Lincecum pitches into 6th in Giants’ win over Rockies

AP’s Run to the Roses: Mubtaahij No. 8; Dortmund still No. 1

Michigan State title would be worth $1 million to Vegas man

AP study projects average MLB salary tops $4M

University of North Dakota begins campaign to find nickname

Judge rules Ernie Banks will is valid

Kentucky’s platoon system gives way to traditional rotation

Chris Mullin returns home to coach St. John’s

Soccer player at center of search killed crossing LA freeway

Frozen Four will be old home week for BU coach David Quinn

Rio Olympic tickets go on sale despite football uncertainty

Tiger Woods plays practice round at Augusta

Online craft retailer Etsy preps for IPO

Many trucks being driven beyond designed top speed

Buffet expected to buy dealerships

San Bruno supports higher fine

Google to release their cheapest laptop yet

Several charged in Medicaid shoe fraud

Fast food organizers expand their campaign

Carlos Penados