Letters to editor

Bring on the death penalty

On the matter of the death penalty, I have a modest proposal.

In Texas, and particularly Oklahoma, they have hit on the perfect answer. We must not only bring back the lions, public executions, the guillotine, hanging, the firing squad, electric chair and lethal injections. Bring back the rack! We could boil a few witches!! We must also bring back the gas chamber. Heinous solutions for heinous crimes.

Nazi Germany’s final solution sent Jews to the gas chamber, by the millions. Black folks were lynched in the South. The Irish were persecuted in this country. Christians were once killed for entertainment.

Those who refuse to remember history are doomed to repeat it. I am not worried about the death penalty. The death penalty is alive and well. We’re all born with it.

Nowadays I tend more toward Rodney King’s appeal: “Can’t we all just get along?”

John Bearden

Letter to the Editor

• WTFMay 09, 2014 - 7:31 pm

I have absolutely not idea what the author of this silly rant is trying to say.

• Mike KirchubelMay 09, 2014 - 9:07 pm

I agree with WTF and with his initials.

• Mr. PracticalMay 11, 2014 - 6:40 am

I don't get it either, but I am pretty sure he is related to Ernst Bak.

• archieMay 11, 2014 - 6:52 am

I read it 3 times and still nothing. And What the F*** does WTF mean??......................... wait a minute, never mind I get it now lol omg

• The MisterMay 11, 2014 - 7:19 am

The death penalty should also be applied to any public official who violates his fiduciary duty to the people.

• JagMay 11, 2014 - 9:32 am

John I have a 50 50 chance of agreeing with you… So are you for or against the death penalty?