FAIRFIELD-SUISUN, CALIFORNIA

Vacaville

Firefighters extinguish small kitchen fire

By From page A6 | January 30, 2014

VACAVILLE — Firefighters made quick work Wednesday of a kitchen fire before it turned serious.

The fire, reported at 6:39 p.m., started in a pot on the stove at the home on the 500 block of Wellington Place, Battalion Chief Steve Bowman said.

Flames extended from the cooktop to the cabinets above the stove, but firefighters were able to extinguish them within about 10 minutes of arriving on scene.

One adult and two small children, home at the time of the fire, were not injured.

Reach Mike Corpos at 427-6979 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mcorposdr.

LEAVE A COMMENT

Discussion | No comments

The Daily Republic does not necessarily condone the comments here, nor does it review every post. Please read our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy before commenting.

  • Recent Articles

  • Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.