Stove-top fire damages Vacaville home
A Vacaville firefighter walks past a stove that caught on fire, damaging a kitchen of an apartment on the 400 block of Marshall Road in Vacaville Monday. Juaneisha McCalley, who rents the unit, said she was in the backyard when the fire started. According to McCalley, neighbors kicked the front door open and subdued the fire with a garden hose until the fire department arrived. Nobody was injured in the fire. (Robinson Kuntz/Daily Republic)
VACAVILLE — A stove-top fire at a Vacaville apartment extended into the stove vent and caused an estimated $1,900 in damage Monday, fire officials said Tuesday.
The fire, reported at 3:41 p.m., did not cause structural damage to the residence on the 400 block of Marshall Road.
A resident was able to put out the blaze before firefighters arrived, said Jeff Ryder, battalion chief with the Vacaville Fire Department.
Reach Ryan McCarthy at 427-6935 or email@example.com.
vacaville stove fire marshall 9_16_13