VACAVILLE — The McBride Senior Center in Vacaville offers several free, ongoing classes, activities or meetings. They are:
- Sit and Get Fit. This is a low-impact exercise class that meets from 10:30 to 11:05 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. There is no registration so come when your schedule permits. Many of the exercises are specifically designed for seniors and are done in chairs.
- Quilting Bee. The Vaca Valley Quilters group meets from 9 a.m. to noon the first and third Thursday of each month. It’s open to seniors on a walk-in basis with no charge. Supplies are extra.
- Coping with Aging. Share concerns with others in a supportive and informal setting in this ongoing group. It takes place from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m. Fridays. Walk-ins are welcome and it’s open to join at any time. For more information and to reserve a space, call 469-6620.
- Myth Makers/Word Weavers Writing Group. The group meets from 9:30 a.m. to noon the first and third Monday of each month and offers a way to stimulate creativity and imagination with writing workshops. The focus is on poetry, essays, fiction, nonfiction and short plays with writing ideas distributed monthly. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Senior Book Group. Share the latest book you’re reading and listen to what others have read, as well. The group meets from 11 a.m. to noon Fridays.
- Arts and Crafts. Share projects and do some socializing from 1 to 3 p.m. Wednesdays. The group is open to seniors on a walk-in basis, but bring your own supplies.
- Widowed Person’s Association of California Inc. This group meets at 2 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month. The public is welcome. Call 447-9522 for more information.
Other groups include an artists workshop, bridge groups and more. There are also dozens of classes for a fee. Grants for these classes are available for those with financial hardships.
The McBride Senior Center is located at 91 Town Square Place. For more information, call 469-6660.
Reach Susan Winlow at 427-6955 or email@example.com. Follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/swinlowdr.