Solano supervisors make various appointments
FAIRFIELD — County supervisors on Tuesday approved a raft of appointments to various county advisory boards and districts.
Supervisors did so as part of their consent calendar without discussion. The appointments are:
- Johnny Walker to the Solano County Planning Commission for a term expiring Jan. 31, 2017. Walker will represent Supervisor Erin Hannigan’s 1st District, which covers much of Vallejo.
- Michael Alvarez to the Solano County Parks and Recreation Commission for a term ending Jan. 1, 2017. He will represent Supervisor Linda Seifert’s 2nd District, which includes Benicia, the Green Valley and Cordelia areas and part of Vallejo.
- Ramon Castellblanch to the Tri-City and County Citizens Advisory Committee representing the 2nd District.
- Liz Niedziela to the First 5 Solano Commission to fill the remainder of Sheryl Fairchild’s term, which ends June 2, 2013, and for a subsequent term ending June 2, 2017. Niedziela will represent the 2nd District.
- Margarite Kittyle and Cindy Gill to the Silveyville Cemetery District Board of Trustees for a term ending Jan. 2, 2017. They will represent Supervisor John Vasquez’s 4rth District, which includes Dixon and parts of Vacaville.
- Pat Renfro, Pat Nicodemus, Dionne Brooks, Jane Johnson and Lisette Estrella-Henderson to the Solano Partnership Against Violence Advisory Board. Renfro will represent the 2nd District and Nicodemus will represent Supervisor Skip Thomson’s 5th District, which includes Rio Vista and parts of Fairfield and Vacaville. The other appointees are at-large.
Reach Barry Eberling at 427-6929 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/beberlingdr.
Barry Eberling has been a reporter with the Daily Republic since 1987. He covers Solano County government, transportation, growth and the environment. He received his bachelors of art degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara and his masters degree in journalism from the University of California, Berkeley.