FAIRFIELD — Solano County Emergency Medical Services partnered with local hospitals, fire departments, air ambulance providers and others this past week for Emergency Medical Services Week.
The county agency hosted a May 17 barbecue and awards ceremony. Michael (Humphrey) Parris, EMS coordinator from the Vallejo Fire Department, won the Frank Springer Award for outstanding commitment and contributions to improving emergency medical services for residents.
Other awards recipients were:
- Firefighters of the Year: Jason Reeves, Cordelia Fire Protection District, and Steve Smircich, Vallejo Fire Department.
- Kaiser Permanente Vacaville Medical Center awards: Jackie Campos, Emergency Department Nurse of the Year and Chalo Tacuri, Emergency Department Tech of the Year.
- Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center awards: Karyn Link, Nurse of the Year and Kyle Thornhill, Tech of the Year.
- NorthBay Medical Center awards: JohnRey Hassan, Nurse of the Year and Rocio Magana, Tech of the Year.
- VacaValley Hospital awards: Joey Polen, Nurse of the Year and Jennifer Abbruzini, Tech of the Year.
- Medic Ambulance Service Stars of Life recipients: Kevin Gilley, Andrew Fink, Candice Walker, Casey Vanier, Jon Gamoras, Scott Wood, Markus Lincoln, Ben Gammon, JT Hoyle, Wayne Scoles and John Sagun.
- Medic Ambulance EMT of the Year: Matt McCarthy.
- Medic Ambulance Service Paramedic of the Year: Cliff Henderson.
- California Shock Trauma Air Rescue Employee of the Year: Charles Hood.
Reach Barry Eberling at 427-6929 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/beberlingdr.
Barry Eberling has been a reporter with the Daily Republic since 1987. He covers Solano County government, transportation, growth and the environment. He received his bachelors of art degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara and his masters degree in journalism from the University of California, Berkeley.