Free tax preparation services available across Solano County
VACAVILLE — More than a dozen sites across Solano County are offering free tax preparation service for low- and moderate-income residents.
The Vacaville’s Family Resources Center will provide assistance by appointment through April 13 to anyone who makes less than $51,000 annually. The center is located at 3112 Cernon St., Suite D. Those who are interested need to call 469-6608. Assistance is also being offered from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 16 and from 3 to 7 p.m. Mondays until April 13 at the Vacaville Cultural Center Library at 1020 Ulatis Drive.
Participants need to bring photo IDs for each person on their tax return, a Social Security card or ITIN for each person, W-2 forms, all 1099s, 1098s and any other tax forms, a voided check or bank account and routing number for direct deposit, last year’s tax return, child care provider information, and a landlord’s name, address and phone number for California renter’s credit.
Other area sites include:
- Fairfield Civic Center Library, 1150 Kentucky St., 1-866-572-7587; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, walk-in only.
- Fairfield Community VITA Site, 1189 Tabor Ave., 421-3224; 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays by appointment through April 20.
- Fairfield Senior Center, 1200 Civic Center Blvd., 428-7421; 9 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesdays and Thursdays by appointment, Feb. 6 through April 11.
- Healthy Start Family Resource Center, 1950 Dover Ave., Room 18, Fairfield, 421-3224; Mondays through Thursdays by appointment to April 25.
- Joseph A Nelson Community Center, 611 Village Drive, Suisun City, 421-7203; 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays by appointment, Feb. 12 to April 9.
- Suisun City Library, 601 Pintail Drive, 1-866-572-7587; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Feb. 23, walk-in only.
- Travis Credit Union, One Travis Way, Vacaville, 469-4317; Saturdays by appointment only, Saturday to March 16.
- McBride Senior Center, 91 Town Square Place, Vacaville, 469-6660; Tuesdays and Thursdays for seniors and low-income resident by appointment, Feb. 5 to April 11.
- Rio Vista Library, 44 South Second St., 1-866-57-ASKUS; 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Mondays by appointment, Feb. 4 to April 8.
- St. Joseph Church VITA Site, 22 South 4th St., Rio Vista, 1-510-301-5182; 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturdays by appointment, Feb. 9 to April 13.
The program has been offered for the past two years in Vacaville and has been available in Solano County for eight years as part of a community project sponsored by the United Way of the Bay Area.
For more information, visit www.earnitkeepitsaveit.org.
Reach Ian Thompson at 427-6976 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/ithompsondr.
Ian Thompson has worked for the Daily Republic longer than he cares to remember. A native of Oregon and a graduate of the University of Oregon, he pines for the motherland still. He covers Vacaville and Travis Air Force Base for the Daily Republic. He is an avid military history buff, wargamer and loves the great outdoors.