Fairfield

Vice Mayor Vaccaro will attend LA conference

By From page A8 | July 23, 2014

FAIRFIELD — Vice Mayor Rick Vaccaro will attend a Los Angeles conference of the League of California Cities, Fairfield City Council members decided Tuesday after Vacaville Councilman Curtis Hunt spoke about the importance of the event.

Hunt, who is also a board member of the league, said the September conference will address issues that include panhandling – a major problem in Vacaville, he said.

“It’s not a junket,” he said of the travel.

The Sacramento-based league describes itself as an association of California city officials who seek to influence policy decisions that affect cities in the state.

Resolutions the league takes up guide cities and the statewide association in efforts to improve local government in California, according to a report to the Fairfield City Council. Cities are given one vote each in matters affecting municipal issues, the report added.

Reach Ryan McCarthy at 427-6935 or [email protected]

Ryan McCarthy

• 2realJuly 23, 2014 - 5:50 am

Make sure to stop by disneyland while your down there!!!

• Dexter FowlerJuly 23, 2014 - 8:21 am

And how much will this cost us???

• justmeJuly 23, 2014 - 5:17 pm

Does it matter?? the FY2014-15 budget is already set in stone. It's online if you want to check it out. It is public record after all....

• Joe PsocJuly 23, 2014 - 3:44 pm

Quoting from the article .."Vaccaro attended last year’s conference in Sacramento and said this is the one trip that “really makes a difference.” Councilman John Mraz agreed. “It’s not a junket,” he said of the travel." Exactly who said what? It is not clear to me the reader. And if this trip IS the one trip that makes a difference then can we the taxpayers expect no more trips ever? Because Vaccaro just went to the ultimate trip, the one that really makes a difference. So there is no need for anybody to attend any other, is there? Or is Vaccaro or Mraz just piling on more BS on top of the existing record of BS? The longer they are in office the longer they get more experience in piling on the BS.

• Who Knew?July 23, 2014 - 6:17 pm

Rick Vaccaro used to be my independent studies teacher. His job would be to come by my house once a week and give me paper packets to work out of and grade the work I had done the previous week. Problem was, he gave me all the packets with the teacher's answers in the back of them so I never had to do any work, just copy the answers from the back of the book and miss a few on purpose so as not to get 100% right all of the time. If I, as a fifteen year old kid, can hoodwink Mr Vaccaro, I don't think he should be in office of any kind. Because in my mind its one of two things: You were too dumb to realize you gave me the packet with all of the answers OR You knew you gave me the packet with all of the answers and hoped I would use it to make you look better as a teacher when my grades improved.

• DRIPJuly 23, 2014 - 7:22 pm

The one thing that bothered me was at the Council meeting someone said something to the effect that we should send Rick AND MRS Vaccaro to the conference. Uh Oh! What the hell are we doing paying for her? I guess the extra dough from Prop P leaves FF with plenty of money to fling around.