FAIRFIELD-SUISUN, CALIFORNIA

Fairfield

People react on social media to Pepperbelly’s fire

By From page A1 | January 27, 2013

FAIRFIELD — The fire that gutted the Pepperbelly’s Comedy Club on Friday elicited a large reaction on social media.

Facebook posts in response to the fire:

  • Cheryl Crepps Real: “OMG Pepperbelly’s is gone. It has been such a big part of my life for so long. My feelings are so mixed. (S)o many wonderful memories with so many comedians from the ones that are famous to the ones that started their careers on our stage, those I truly felt that they were like my children and over the years have been so proud of them and still am.”
  • Carlos Brown: “I see the mural made it through the fire. A testimony to the power of art. Pepperbelly’s was an institute that was based on art. Be it comedy, music or anything creative that was the cornerstone of the power art means to us. Seeing the mural intact made me a believer in the power of human creativity. I hope the mural stays and continues to be part of this community’s history. I think the new Pepperbelly’s is going to be a new icon for the city and its ongoing legacy.”
  • Don Miller: “If there are any questions about the Pepperbelly’s fire, I know a few comedians who are on fire and known to bring the house down . . .”

Tweets in response to the fire:

  • @MoneySTACKZ707: Sad day for fairfield a piece of history gone for a yr pepperbellys”
  • @gkingcomic: Kinda sad yesterday the comedy club I started at where I honed my skills on the comedy stage burned up 2 flames… I’m a miss Pepperbellys”
  • @DarrenCarter: #RIP Pepperbellys Comedy Club in Fairfield. So many good memories and so many good friends. I always felt a special connection #rebuild”
  • @DCErvin: Stay strong #pepperbellys

Reach Heather Ah San at 427-6977 or [email protected] Follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/HeatherMalia. 

 

Heather Ah San

Heather Ah San

Heather Ah San covers Rio Vista, features and general news for the Daily Republic. She received her bachelors of art degree from the University of Oregon.
LEAVE A COMMENT

Discussion | 1 comment

The Daily Republic does not necessarily condone the comments here, nor does it review every post. Please read our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy before commenting.

  • FixFairfield.OrgJanuary 27, 2013 - 9:54 am

    Sad moment in Fairfield's history. It's said the fire was maybe caused by electrical wires? Maybe they were over loading the electrical system?

    Reply | Report abusive comment
  • Recent Articles

  • Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.