House fire along Hawk Lane

A man who firefighters initially thought needed to be rescued from a fire at a home along Hawk Lane receives medical attention Wednesday in Fairfield. (Conner Jay/Daily Republic)


Man sent to hospital after fire

By From page A3 | January 03, 2013

FAIRFIELD — A small house fire Wednesday sent one man to the hospital and left the residence with smoke damage.

Fire crews responded around 1:30 p.m. to the 100 block of Hawk Lane to calls that smoke was showing from a residence and there was possibly a person trapped inside, said Battalion Chief Bob Stoffel.

Stoffel said the man eventually made his way out of the house before being treated by medics and taken to a local hospital.

He said the fire started somewhere in the back of the home and much of the damage was caused by smoke.

Reach Danny Bernardini at 427-6935 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/dbernardinidr.

Danny Bernardini

Danny Bernardini

Danny is a newspaper man born and raised in Vacaville. He attended Chico State University and has written for the Enterprise Record and the Reporter. Covers the City of Fairfield, education and crime. A's, Warriors and Saints fan. Listener of vinyl, frequent visitor to the East Bay. Registered "decline to state" voter. Loves a good steak.

Discussion | No comments

The Daily Republic does not necessarily condone the comments here, nor does it review every post. Please read our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy before commenting.

  • Recent Articles

  • Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2016 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.