Kitchen blaze torches Fairfield apartment

By From page A4 | March 22, 2014

FAIRFIELD — A kitchen fire destroyed a Peachtree Road apartment Friday afternoon.

Neighbors saw smoke billowing from the second-story apartment around 4:30 p.m. and called 911. Firefighters arrived at the Peachtree Apartments complex within minutes, searched the smoke-filled apartment to ensure no residents were there and quickly doused the fire.

Firefighters kept flames and smoke from spreading to adjacent apartments.

While flames were contained to the kitchen, heat and dense smoke blackened all the interior walls, ceilings and many of the belongings.

Reach Jess Sullivan at 427-6919 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jsullivandr.

Jess Sullivan

Jess has covered the criminal justice system in Solano County for several years. He was an embedded reporter in Iraq in 2003.

Discussion | No comments

The Daily Republic does not necessarily condone the comments here, nor does it review every post. Please read our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy before commenting.

  • Recent Articles

  • Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2016 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.