Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hate, extortion, lies underlie Fairfield murder-suicide

May 9, 2011 |

FAIRFIELD — Five months ago, the relationship between Jason M. Eisenberg and Brittany M. Quinn had become so ugly that he sent her mother an email that included this: “I pray that the Lord’s most terrible wrath be upon your daughter’s head.”

The email was included in court records for a restraining order Eisenberg tried unsuccessfully to obtain to keep Quinn from moving back into their Venus Drive home after they broke up in June 2009 and she moved away. She moved back in late last year.

Eisenberg shot Quinn multiple times Saturday afternoon. Shortly after killing her, he put the murder weapon to his head and fatally shot himself. Eisenberg also shot two roommates at the home he and Quinn bought back in 2008. Anthony Chambers, 41, was fatally shot in the head and chest.

Andrew Blake, 27, who had locked himself in a bedroom, was shot in the foot after Eisenberg fired through the door. He called 911 after the first shots were fired.

Police on Monday labeled Eisenberg and Quinn’s relationship as a common law marriage, adding that they were also business partners. Court records reflect that they had a heated, combative relationship over money.

Eisenberg and Quinn had been embroiled in an ugly dispute over selling the Venus Drive home and another home they bought in Sacramento in 2007. Eisenberg, 37, sued Quinn, 27, last year over the homes. She countersued him last week, claiming that he forged some documents when trying to sell the Sacramento home and that he lied when he claimed he was the only one to put up money for buying the Venus Drive home.

Police say Eisenberg was served notice Friday on Quinn’s lawsuit. She was dead the next day.

In the past, Quinn had made other, more serious accusations against Eisenberg. Those accusations came after she demanded that he pay her $195,000 back in April 2010, telling him in emails that if he didn’t pay up she would cry rape and claim he committed larceny and tax fraud.

“The actions taken if such a step should be required by your noncompliance with this sole and final offer of settlement will, if deemed applicable, extend to criminal charges including but not limited to grand theft/larceny, physical assault, sexual battery, kidnap and sexual assault,” Quinn wrote in one email.

Eisenberg did not pay. Instead, he went to Fairfield police to report possible extortion.

Quinn later filed police reports with Fairfield police and with police in Napa and Sacramento. Fairfield police deemed Quinn’s claims of domestic violence as not credible.

Quinn’s demand for money defined her relationship with Eisenberg as employee-employer — working for him and his advertising and website production company, Skyhouse Media, that he ran out of the Venus Drive home.

Quinn claimed she held more than a dozen different job titles between February 2006 and June 2009 when she left their Venus Drive home. Each job was listed with an hourly billing rate. For example, Quinn claimed she wad worked 1,200 hours as a massage therapist for Eisenberg at $13.53 per hour for a total of more than $16,000. Her 4,380 hours as a personal chef at $19.82 per hour was worth more than $86,000, she claimed.

The money demands were done via email after she had moved away. Eisenberg tried unsuccessfully to track down Quinn. He even talked with her mother, who thought maybe she was somewhere in Southern California.

After being gone for nearly a year and a half, Quinn showed up at Eisenberg’s front door shortly before Thanksgiving in November 2010.

Eisenberg’s attempt to get a restraining order was fought by Quinn, who said barring her from the home “would render me entirely homeless and destitute and cause extreme undue hardship.” She claimed that she had been “reduced to living in a tent for 60 days” and had been spending nights sleeping in a friend’s car in a Sacramento apartment complex.

Judge John Ellis did not block Quinn from the house but he did order her not to harass, annoy or threaten Eisenberg.

Quinn expressed cautious optimism that everything would work out.

“I have arranged for an additional neutral unrelated third party (Mr. Andrew Blake) to reside peaceably with me as an independent witness to all proceedings,” she told Ellis.

Blake was the only witness to survive the shootings.

Reach Jess Sullivan at 427-6919 or jsullivan@dailyrepublic.net.

Jess Sullivan

Jess has covered the criminal justice system in Solano County for several years. He was an embedded reporter in Iraq in 2003.

• tonyMay 12, 2011 - 7:49 am

Jess, Good reporting. Any memorial services for Jason and/or Tony?

• Mr. Green ValleyMay 13, 2011 - 3:57 pm

Wow, what an spiderweb of madness that seemed to have lead to the death of the 3 individuals.

• Mark ThompsonMay 13, 2011 - 9:26 pm

It's so sad. Just another case of a young girl choosing a bad guy and getting caught up in it. no way should you live or buy homes with someone because once you do, the breakup is ugly. Newsweek did a story on how 93% of those living together eventually break up. Please young women, choose better men.

• FLRPMay 23, 2011 - 6:13 am

Hey, Mark. How about "Please, young men, refrain from shooting your ex's!"?

• Friend of (Tony) Anthony ChambersMay 18, 2011 - 7:47 pm

Tony Chamber's memorial service will be held the summit of Mt. Shasta sometime this year. I was a climbing buddy of his and was asked by his family to climb him to the summit. Tony was a God-fearing man, and he did right by everyone. I was not there when he died, however I would imagine he was trying to prevent harm coming to Quinn in spite of the vindictive nature she and Eisenberg both exibited towards one another. We should all aspire towards goodness in spite of others actions. It appears Quinn was rather manipulative towards Eisenberg, and loved to push his buttons, and it is highly unfortunate he lost it the way he did by murdering Quinn and Tony, and trying to murder Blake as well. I would like to hear from Andrew Blake as to what he observed transpired during the murder rampage, and to better understand what happened to my friend Tony.

• UnfortunateMay 22, 2011 - 4:13 am

Andrew Blake is a con-artist, you'd be better off not believing anything he says. I doubt he made the tension between them any better. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, who seems like a decent man trying to calm things down.

• platedlizardMay 22, 2011 - 10:36 pm

You are disgusting. What Blake has done in the past has nothing to do with the deaths of these people. I loooove how Turimel et al has deflected the blame for this entire crime onto Blake simply because she hates him. She has made quite a career out of hating him. Yeah, Blake has done things that I despise, but he isn't the criminal here. That was the gunman. The only person here to blame is Jason for murdering two people and killing himself. Not Blake. The way you and Turimel and others are gleefully pursuing this makes me sick to my stomach. I have lost all sympathy that I once had for your side.

• TrabantMay 23, 2011 - 2:46 am

You're a little more disgusting in even assigning 'sides' here; go back to fandom_wank. Three people are dead, they died because someone was trying to get money out of a guy with a gun, and behind the person trying to get money out of him was? Andrew Black, Thanfiction, Victoria Bitter, Amy Player, Mr. Frodo, Jordan Wood, IRA hero, artist, hobbit, missing person, father of a little bird called Connor, sometimes evil twin, conman extraordinaire. That he doesn't get his pronouns respected by people who don't even grasp what transsexuality is, or won't give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it's just one of his many alternative identities, is the least of the troubles of those who lost a friend or a relative in this shooting.

• Go back to your cave.May 23, 2011 - 3:50 am

Grow up. People are dead. Really, honestly, not coming back, not faked on the internet dead. This poor guy Tony got shot in the head. Outside of what blame goes where, his friends won't get their answers by getting the testimony of a professional liar. Don't try to drag any more people into it than have already been hurt.

• StellaMay 24, 2011 - 10:15 am

Unfortunately, the testimony of a compulsive liar is the only testimony they have. And from what I've seen, the families of the victims seem to have a pretty good idea of what caused the shooting.

• tony diazMay 18, 2011 - 8:31 pm

Let me know about Tony's service. Thank you.

• Marla KingMay 20, 2011 - 2:59 pm

Napa, California June 11th for T. C.

• Marla KingMay 20, 2011 - 3:02 pm

There will be a memorial service in Napa, June 11th. Call me for further details: 530 722-7585

• Jeanine RenneMay 22, 2011 - 3:43 pm

"Andy Blake" is most definitely a con artist: a female con artist named Amy Player. She was arrested in Oregon in 2003 for identity theft, when she tried to obtain a driver's license and Social Security number under the name "Jordan Wood." At that time, she'd moved in with a woman named Abbey Stone, aggravated Stone's husband until they split up, then claimed bankruptcy and homelessness until a judge ordered the ex to allow them to live in the co-owned house. Sound familiar? Amy has pulled this EXACT con before--except now she's not picking her victims as carefully. Obviously losing her touch.

• platedlizardMay 22, 2011 - 10:56 pm

I'm not sure why my comment hasn't shown up, but I will try again. Blake is not a woman, he is a man. He IDs as a man and has done so consistently since transitioning. To deny his gender identity is to insult not only Blake but also ever FTM and MTF person out there. The fact that you people can't get past the fact that he is trans makes you more disgusting than anything Blake has done, and yes I know allll about his scams. Being a bigot is worse, an the fact that you are trying to blame him for the deaths of three people is horrifying.

• ClaireMay 23, 2011 - 12:06 am

Yes, using the wrong pronoun is definitely worse than defrauding people and deliberately breaking up relationships for your own gain. What is it with LJ people and total lack of perspective about anything?

• CrystalMay 23, 2011 - 12:33 am

I agree with you entirely except on one point. Some of us LJ people have quite a lot of perspective, actually. We don't particularly care about Blake's gender identity either way; we just know he's a dangerous con artist and we want others to be made aware of this. It's primarily his supporters who shriek about pronouns in order to redirect the discussion away from Blake's actions. I'm a firm supporters of transgender/genderqueer rights. I'm also a person who knows when someone is clearly employing a distraction technique because they don't have a leg to stand on otherwise.

• Seriously?May 23, 2011 - 5:50 am

He's "identified" as female, male, the displaced brain of a movie star and a reincarnated elf lord. Being trans is very different from being crazy. And what's really horrifying is that you still think a stupid pronoun is more important than the tens of thousands of dollars he stole, the lives he ruined, and now that three people who got caught up with him are DEAD.

• bobMay 24, 2011 - 7:11 pm

I actually think the pronoun is important not because of Andrew Blake but because of all the other transpeople out there who see the disrespect inherent in not using the requested pronoun. I couldn't give two craps about the con artist. I care about the people that see the disrespect to someone that has publically stated that he is trans. It's not hard to show the respect for the others out there. That's making you the better person. You might want to try it some time.

• ActuallyMay 25, 2011 - 5:32 am

Speaking as an MTF trans person, the journey is hard enough without sick people like this making it all worse and giving people a reason to believe gender dysmorphia is a disorder that makes you a dishonest psycho. I honestly feel in no way at all related to or associated with AB, so don't feel disrespected in the least when people want to disassociate AB's actions from being trans, male, female, etc. Being a trans person can make you frustrating, angry, depressed, and hard to live with--my partner certainly can attest--but it doesn't make you a con artist sociopath. I worry a bit that you "don't give two craps about the con artist"--what about the victims? We are all the sum of our actions more than we are whatever labels we give ourselves. If our actions lead us to not being deserving of respect, what can we honestly expect? But this really isn't the place, either. My heart goes out to the poor victims of this and I hope they find peace.

• TrabantMay 23, 2011 - 2:04 am

I would caution everyone reading this not to give any money, ever, to "neutral third party" Andrew Blake, who has several other aliases, one as fake as the next, and never passes up an opportunity to con money out of people. It is very sad to see that he's trying to make money from Quinn's death. Extortion and lies indeed. It is possible that Quinn tried to get money out of Eisenberg because Blake asked her to, but that's for the police to investigate.

• Aunt SophiaMay 28, 2011 - 9:57 am

I'm curious; please tell me what does his sexuality has to do with someone trying to kill him? How did money become an issue, and who's giving it away? As "seriously" has writtenI; how did he caused Mr. Eisenberg's and Ms. Quinn's volatile relation which seemed to have been going for for a few years, or was the email sent to Ms. Quinn's mother actually sent by Tony Blake? Did Tony Blake kill everyone else in the house, shot himself in the foot & is blaming it all on Eisenberg? I'm simply trying to comprehend the venom towards him written in most of the messages here...pls advise.

• T. HuangApril 27, 2012 - 8:27 pm

His sexuality has to do with him/her lying about the person s/he REALLY is and messing up people's heads to get what s/he wants. This isn't the first time he's come between a married couple and then conned the wife into divorcing the husband and milking him for all the $ s/he can, with all the $ going to him/her. It's just the first time when the husband had been pushed to the point that it ended in murders/suicide. *disgusted*

• Melanie from ReddingJune 01, 2011 - 6:25 pm

Marla we can barely believe this has happened. Please call or email. God rest in peace

• Marla KingJune 01, 2011 - 7:00 pm

My dear friend Melanie! My heart is still trying to catch up with my head too. You did so much for TC and he for you! He will be so missed! I have learned from his innocently spilt blood. It will not be wasted because in my life I am not the same. I have learned from this and what led up to it. When we isolate from family we do not have the wisdom we need in making the best decisions. We are meant to be in frequent contact with our family of origin, for that is our strength here on earth. Too many people isolate, remaining emotional miles away no matter how physically close or far they are. I am now cherishing every phone call I make to parents and extended relatives. Friends come and go, but family was arranged by Someone outside of our control. To isolate is to endanger yourself, and to harmonize is to truly be strong. I will call you soon.

• Marla KingJune 01, 2011 - 7:03 pm

May we all live our today's so that someone's life is changed forever tomorrow!

• Maryana PleshJune 02, 2011 - 2:19 am

Tony ! My friend . What could happend to you ? Don' t mind me I wish he was here to tell us the story . But maybe his death says it all . He didn' sapre his own life for the beneffit of others . I hpoe and pray his death is not in vain but a lesson to all of us . His blood screams loud and clear :PLEASE STOP THE HATE !How many more lives it takes to find out is not the way to live your life? If Tony would be here ,he would give us a leson of LOVE . But now we have his sacrifice as a testemony of his Love and faiyh in God . I will miss you Tony on the mountains ,I will miss you talking many hours about the faith in God . I will miss YOU Tony ! I just have to wait until I will see you in heaven . Now rest in peace ! Good and faithful servant ! Your job is done on this earth . Love always your friend M.P.

• Tony's climbing partner ('95-'00) & steadfast friendJune 02, 2011 - 1:10 pm

To "Friend of (Tony) Anthony Chambers" who posted earlier....I'm still having a hard time believing this...I just talked to him not to long ago and apologized to him (Tony C.) for not taking the time out to get out in the mountains with him. Work and other obligations got in my way and I'm learning to know what is more important now in life....after the loss of now, the 3rd solid friend in less than 2 years, I'm finally learning what is really important in life...spending time with those you are close to and relying on Christ to lead us through this world.

• Tony's climbing partner ('95-'00) & steadfast friendJune 02, 2011 - 1:22 pm

Also, to "Friend of (Tony) Anthony Chambers"...sorry that it's taking this to happen for us to meet. Miguel asked me, yesterday, for a little advice regarding the Shasta memorial trip for Tony...I told him it's ironic that Mt. Shasta has broke a record for snow accumulation. The last record was in 1913! This is very meaningful to me and it would be for Tony as well. We need to climb it when there is still snow mixed with rock on the mountain. This is how he would want it to be. I'm in the gear modification business and modify Special Operations Forces gear and uniforms for our brave US forces and for mountaineering enthusiasts as well. I told Miguel I have extra climbing equipment to share with others for the Shasta trip if it's needed.

• Tony's climbing partner ('95-'00) & steadfast friendJune 02, 2011 - 1:30 pm

We all love and miss Tony and we will see him and others when we finally get out of this place...when our steadfast Creator returns for His people. Tony was extraordinary in his own way. I can recall countless stories and trips that we made and will be happy to share our epic event that happened on two of our climbing endeavors. See you all at the service in Napa and I'll see you all who are doing the Shasta trip.

• A look at the new DR website, by the numbers | Daily RepublicJune 03, 2011 - 9:22 am

[...] No. 3. Our coverage of a double murder and suicide in the Green Valley area of Fairfield, which saw a combined 3,280 views. The most-viewed item here was our report on the details of the estranged couple at the center of the shootings, Jason M. Eisenberg and Brittany M. Quinn. You can find that item here: <http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/fairfield/hate-extortion-lies-underlie-fairfield-murder-suicide/>. [...]

• Amy Player is Andrew Blake, and an even bigger conning slimeball than Rob Granito UPDATED | A Distant Soil by Colleen DoranJuly 17, 2011 - 7:47 am

[...] to admit anything. She went downhill, changed and acted very out of character after she met him. We suspected for a long time that “Andrew” was pushing her to sell her things, borrow mo... Andrew was always whispering in her ear when she had a conversation with anyone else while he was [...]

• PearAugust 04, 2011 - 6:20 am

So NOT shocked that "Andrew" hid in the bathroom instead of trying to help. Amy (aka Andrew) always was a cowardly liar, looking out only for herself. And now she's using poor Brittany's death to con more people out of their money in the name of charity and memory. It's SICK.

• jasons old roomateAugust 22, 2011 - 7:01 am

OMG- I was this guys roomate for 2 years?!?!?!?!?!

• KatSeptember 17, 2011 - 10:33 am

I just sat here and read all of these... my heart goes out to all families... I think a lot of you forgot about the families when you went on your rants. Regardless of who is at fault, three people have lost their lives due to hate. Such a strong word, and it can do strong things. Let us not let that hatred continue... you are only letting whoever it is that is ultimately responsible ( which is probably more than one person) seem victorious in their action to spread hatred. Look towards peace, not hatred.

• Pants on Fire | Off the RailsJuly 26, 2013 - 9:54 pm

[...] into prostitution. You silenced me for years, and allowed Jordan to start up his newest cult and hurt more people. Way to fight for what’s right, Jeanine. Good job. I know you were hurt in all this too, and [...]

County unveils Solano economic diversification study

By Barry Eberling | From Page: A1

Fairfield, Vacaville face off at Solano fair

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A1 | Gallery

Fairfield couple celebrates 65th anniversary

By Brad Stanhope | From Page: A2

County offers free Hepatitis C testing

By Barry Eberling | From Page: A3

Reports close books on Solano DA race spending

By Jess Sullivan | From Page: A3

’4 guys, 4 guns’ case ends with acquittals

By Jess Sullivan | From Page: A3

Starbucks card as bribe? Not this time

By Jess Sullivan | From Page: A3

Commune with your neighbors on National Night Out

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: A4 | Gallery

Which is best: All-inclusive resorts or cruises?

By Rose Alston | From Page: B5

Derriere dialing – who’s in your pocket?

By Murray Bass | From Page: B5

Fairfield police log: July 31, 2014

Suisun City police log: July 31, 2014

Weather for Aug. 2, 2014

By Daily Republic | From Page: B12

In brief lull, Gaza’s displaced survey devastation

By The Associated Press | From Page: A1 | Gallery

Congress backs Israel’s Iron Dome missile defense

Poll: Public ready to close book on 2 wars

Israel pounds Gaza as it searches for soldier

By The Associated Press | From Page: A1 | Gallery

Stars willing to risk opinions on Gaza clash

Last ex-city official sentenced in corruption case

California prisons alter treatment of mentally ill

Court gives new life to California high-speed rail

Lightning sparks dozens of new California fires

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5 | Gallery

Attorney in deadly bank robbery requests records

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5 | Gallery

Report disputes mom’s claim in school altercation

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5 | Gallery

Denver fair’s bong, edible contests celebrate pot

Law changed to allow ‘unlocking’ cellphones

Army to force out 550 majors; some in Afghanistan

Nevada no lock for Tesla plant despite groundwork

Lab who walked 30 miles back home adopted

Americans with Ebola returning to US for treatment

Iran opens first state-run alcohol rehab center

Remains of Air Algerie crash victims now in Paris

China bladder trade sending porpoise to extinction

Uruguayan pot marketplace may go up in smoke

Ugandan court invalidates anti-gay law

Ebola moving faster than control efforts

By The Associated Press | From Page: A11 | Gallery

Ukraine: Body parts retrieved at jet crash site

2 Americans detained in North Korea seek US help

Stolen WWI gas mask found in pawn shop

WWI aviation still alive at aerodrome in New York

By The Associated Press | From Page: A12 | Gallery

Cheers, jeers for the week of July 27 to Aug. 2, 2014

By Daily Republic | From Page: A8

Politicians gain superiority over electorate

By Murray Bass | From Page: A8

Election focus: Changing of political guard

By Thomas Elias | From Page: A8

Editorial Cartoon: Aug. 2, 2014

Perspective needed on Gaza conflict

By Letter to the Editor | From Page: A8

Community Calendar: Aug. 2, 2014

Today in History for Aug. 2, 2014

Airstream trailers enjoy resurgence as fixed lodging

By Mcclatchy-Tribune News Service | From Page: B5

Horoscopes for Aug. 2, 2014

By Holiday Mathis | From Page: B11

My husband buys drinks for female strangers sitting alone in bars

By Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar | From Page: B11

Larry King and Piers Morgan trade jabs

Robert Kennedy Jr. to marry actress Cheryl Hines

Got a beef with television? Why not sue somebody?

Rising band getting more than 5 seconds of summer

Guitarist, songwriter for Alice Cooper dies at 71

Batman creator’s personal copies to be auctioned

Baseball Notebook: Vanden grads Negron, Aplin making their mark

By Paul Farmer | From Page: B1 | Gallery

Giants RHP Cain needs surgery to remove bone chips

Raul Ibanez homers to carry Royals past A’s 1-0

Expos stop Shockers, stay alive in state tourney

By Paul Farmer | From Page: B1

Vogelsong stifles Mets in Giants’ 5-1 win

Browns’ Gordon meets with NFL on appeal

Woods, Mickelson paired together again in a major

George suffers serious leg injury in US exhibition

Montoya interested in running The Double for Penske

Nick Watney leads Barracuda Championship

Anaheim Ducks to retire Selanne’s jersey Jan. 11

Mudcats still alive in Auburn Classic

Sergio Garcia shoots 61 to take Firestone lead

Goodell defends NFL’s 2-game suspension of Rice

Packers unveil statue for the Lambeau Leap

Marco Dawson leads 3M Championship

PGA Tour refutes report Johnson suspended

Redskins WR Jerry Rice Jr to have shoulder surgery

Spurs sign Tony Parker to extension

Hunter-Reay tops after early Mid-Ohio practices

Larson wins 1st career pole at Pocono Raceway

Raiders’ Bergstrom adding center to his resume

Blaine Gabbert learning 49ers system

Jon Lester ready to help lead A’s back to playoffs

Allergan sues Valeant, claims fraud in buy attempt

US job growth eases but tops 200K for a 6th month

Rare summer relief for gasoline prices

US auto sales sizzle in July, helped by discounts

S&P 500 has its worst week in 2 years

Microsoft sues Samsung over halt to royalties

HP to pay $32.5M to settle Postal Service dispute

Hyundai recalls more than 419K vehicles

Marjorie Lee Myrick

Alice Marion Brown

Enid Mary Vesci

Zits

Crossword

Home Seller 08/2/14

Right at Home: cooking up a color-happy kitchen

By The Associated Press | From Page: HSR2