Friday, September 19, 2014

Hate, extortion, lies underlie Fairfield murder-suicide

May 9, 2011 |

FAIRFIELD — Five months ago, the relationship between Jason M. Eisenberg and Brittany M. Quinn had become so ugly that he sent her mother an email that included this: “I pray that the Lord’s most terrible wrath be upon your daughter’s head.”

The email was included in court records for a restraining order Eisenberg tried unsuccessfully to obtain to keep Quinn from moving back into their Venus Drive home after they broke up in June 2009 and she moved away. She moved back in late last year.

Eisenberg shot Quinn multiple times Saturday afternoon. Shortly after killing her, he put the murder weapon to his head and fatally shot himself. Eisenberg also shot two roommates at the home he and Quinn bought back in 2008. Anthony Chambers, 41, was fatally shot in the head and chest.

Andrew Blake, 27, who had locked himself in a bedroom, was shot in the foot after Eisenberg fired through the door. He called 911 after the first shots were fired.

Police on Monday labeled Eisenberg and Quinn’s relationship as a common law marriage, adding that they were also business partners. Court records reflect that they had a heated, combative relationship over money.

Eisenberg and Quinn had been embroiled in an ugly dispute over selling the Venus Drive home and another home they bought in Sacramento in 2007. Eisenberg, 37, sued Quinn, 27, last year over the homes. She countersued him last week, claiming that he forged some documents when trying to sell the Sacramento home and that he lied when he claimed he was the only one to put up money for buying the Venus Drive home.

Police say Eisenberg was served notice Friday on Quinn’s lawsuit. She was dead the next day.

In the past, Quinn had made other, more serious accusations against Eisenberg. Those accusations came after she demanded that he pay her $195,000 back in April 2010, telling him in emails that if he didn’t pay up she would cry rape and claim he committed larceny and tax fraud.

“The actions taken if such a step should be required by your noncompliance with this sole and final offer of settlement will, if deemed applicable, extend to criminal charges including but not limited to grand theft/larceny, physical assault, sexual battery, kidnap and sexual assault,” Quinn wrote in one email.

Eisenberg did not pay. Instead, he went to Fairfield police to report possible extortion.

Quinn later filed police reports with Fairfield police and with police in Napa and Sacramento. Fairfield police deemed Quinn’s claims of domestic violence as not credible.

Quinn’s demand for money defined her relationship with Eisenberg as employee-employer — working for him and his advertising and website production company, Skyhouse Media, that he ran out of the Venus Drive home.

Quinn claimed she held more than a dozen different job titles between February 2006 and June 2009 when she left their Venus Drive home. Each job was listed with an hourly billing rate. For example, Quinn claimed she wad worked 1,200 hours as a massage therapist for Eisenberg at $13.53 per hour for a total of more than $16,000. Her 4,380 hours as a personal chef at $19.82 per hour was worth more than $86,000, she claimed.

The money demands were done via email after she had moved away. Eisenberg tried unsuccessfully to track down Quinn. He even talked with her mother, who thought maybe she was somewhere in Southern California.

After being gone for nearly a year and a half, Quinn showed up at Eisenberg’s front door shortly before Thanksgiving in November 2010.

Eisenberg’s attempt to get a restraining order was fought by Quinn, who said barring her from the home “would render me entirely homeless and destitute and cause extreme undue hardship.” She claimed that she had been “reduced to living in a tent for 60 days” and had been spending nights sleeping in a friend’s car in a Sacramento apartment complex.

Judge John Ellis did not block Quinn from the house but he did order her not to harass, annoy or threaten Eisenberg.

Quinn expressed cautious optimism that everything would work out.

“I have arranged for an additional neutral unrelated third party (Mr. Andrew Blake) to reside peaceably with me as an independent witness to all proceedings,” she told Ellis.

Blake was the only witness to survive the shootings.

Reach Jess Sullivan at 427-6919 or jsullivan@dailyrepublic.net.

Jess Sullivan

Jess has covered the criminal justice system in Solano County for several years. He was an embedded reporter in Iraq in 2003.

• tonyMay 12, 2011 - 7:49 am

Jess, Good reporting. Any memorial services for Jason and/or Tony?

• Mr. Green ValleyMay 13, 2011 - 3:57 pm

Wow, what an spiderweb of madness that seemed to have lead to the death of the 3 individuals.

• Mark ThompsonMay 13, 2011 - 9:26 pm

It's so sad. Just another case of a young girl choosing a bad guy and getting caught up in it. no way should you live or buy homes with someone because once you do, the breakup is ugly. Newsweek did a story on how 93% of those living together eventually break up. Please young women, choose better men.

• FLRPMay 23, 2011 - 6:13 am

Hey, Mark. How about "Please, young men, refrain from shooting your ex's!"?

• Friend of (Tony) Anthony ChambersMay 18, 2011 - 7:47 pm

Tony Chamber's memorial service will be held the summit of Mt. Shasta sometime this year. I was a climbing buddy of his and was asked by his family to climb him to the summit. Tony was a God-fearing man, and he did right by everyone. I was not there when he died, however I would imagine he was trying to prevent harm coming to Quinn in spite of the vindictive nature she and Eisenberg both exibited towards one another. We should all aspire towards goodness in spite of others actions. It appears Quinn was rather manipulative towards Eisenberg, and loved to push his buttons, and it is highly unfortunate he lost it the way he did by murdering Quinn and Tony, and trying to murder Blake as well. I would like to hear from Andrew Blake as to what he observed transpired during the murder rampage, and to better understand what happened to my friend Tony.

• UnfortunateMay 22, 2011 - 4:13 am

Andrew Blake is a con-artist, you'd be better off not believing anything he says. I doubt he made the tension between them any better. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, who seems like a decent man trying to calm things down.

• platedlizardMay 22, 2011 - 10:36 pm

You are disgusting. What Blake has done in the past has nothing to do with the deaths of these people. I loooove how Turimel et al has deflected the blame for this entire crime onto Blake simply because she hates him. She has made quite a career out of hating him. Yeah, Blake has done things that I despise, but he isn't the criminal here. That was the gunman. The only person here to blame is Jason for murdering two people and killing himself. Not Blake. The way you and Turimel and others are gleefully pursuing this makes me sick to my stomach. I have lost all sympathy that I once had for your side.

• TrabantMay 23, 2011 - 2:46 am

You're a little more disgusting in even assigning 'sides' here; go back to fandom_wank. Three people are dead, they died because someone was trying to get money out of a guy with a gun, and behind the person trying to get money out of him was? Andrew Black, Thanfiction, Victoria Bitter, Amy Player, Mr. Frodo, Jordan Wood, IRA hero, artist, hobbit, missing person, father of a little bird called Connor, sometimes evil twin, conman extraordinaire. That he doesn't get his pronouns respected by people who don't even grasp what transsexuality is, or won't give him the benefit of the doubt and assume it's just one of his many alternative identities, is the least of the troubles of those who lost a friend or a relative in this shooting.

• Go back to your cave.May 23, 2011 - 3:50 am

Grow up. People are dead. Really, honestly, not coming back, not faked on the internet dead. This poor guy Tony got shot in the head. Outside of what blame goes where, his friends won't get their answers by getting the testimony of a professional liar. Don't try to drag any more people into it than have already been hurt.

• StellaMay 24, 2011 - 10:15 am

Unfortunately, the testimony of a compulsive liar is the only testimony they have. And from what I've seen, the families of the victims seem to have a pretty good idea of what caused the shooting.

• tony diazMay 18, 2011 - 8:31 pm

Let me know about Tony's service. Thank you.

• Marla KingMay 20, 2011 - 2:59 pm

Napa, California June 11th for T. C.

• Marla KingMay 20, 2011 - 3:02 pm

There will be a memorial service in Napa, June 11th. Call me for further details: 530 722-7585

• Jeanine RenneMay 22, 2011 - 3:43 pm

"Andy Blake" is most definitely a con artist: a female con artist named Amy Player. She was arrested in Oregon in 2003 for identity theft, when she tried to obtain a driver's license and Social Security number under the name "Jordan Wood." At that time, she'd moved in with a woman named Abbey Stone, aggravated Stone's husband until they split up, then claimed bankruptcy and homelessness until a judge ordered the ex to allow them to live in the co-owned house. Sound familiar? Amy has pulled this EXACT con before--except now she's not picking her victims as carefully. Obviously losing her touch.

• platedlizardMay 22, 2011 - 10:56 pm

I'm not sure why my comment hasn't shown up, but I will try again. Blake is not a woman, he is a man. He IDs as a man and has done so consistently since transitioning. To deny his gender identity is to insult not only Blake but also ever FTM and MTF person out there. The fact that you people can't get past the fact that he is trans makes you more disgusting than anything Blake has done, and yes I know allll about his scams. Being a bigot is worse, an the fact that you are trying to blame him for the deaths of three people is horrifying.

• ClaireMay 23, 2011 - 12:06 am

Yes, using the wrong pronoun is definitely worse than defrauding people and deliberately breaking up relationships for your own gain. What is it with LJ people and total lack of perspective about anything?

• CrystalMay 23, 2011 - 12:33 am

I agree with you entirely except on one point. Some of us LJ people have quite a lot of perspective, actually. We don't particularly care about Blake's gender identity either way; we just know he's a dangerous con artist and we want others to be made aware of this. It's primarily his supporters who shriek about pronouns in order to redirect the discussion away from Blake's actions. I'm a firm supporters of transgender/genderqueer rights. I'm also a person who knows when someone is clearly employing a distraction technique because they don't have a leg to stand on otherwise.

• Seriously?May 23, 2011 - 5:50 am

He's "identified" as female, male, the displaced brain of a movie star and a reincarnated elf lord. Being trans is very different from being crazy. And what's really horrifying is that you still think a stupid pronoun is more important than the tens of thousands of dollars he stole, the lives he ruined, and now that three people who got caught up with him are DEAD.

• bobMay 24, 2011 - 7:11 pm

I actually think the pronoun is important not because of Andrew Blake but because of all the other transpeople out there who see the disrespect inherent in not using the requested pronoun. I couldn't give two craps about the con artist. I care about the people that see the disrespect to someone that has publically stated that he is trans. It's not hard to show the respect for the others out there. That's making you the better person. You might want to try it some time.

• ActuallyMay 25, 2011 - 5:32 am

Speaking as an MTF trans person, the journey is hard enough without sick people like this making it all worse and giving people a reason to believe gender dysmorphia is a disorder that makes you a dishonest psycho. I honestly feel in no way at all related to or associated with AB, so don't feel disrespected in the least when people want to disassociate AB's actions from being trans, male, female, etc. Being a trans person can make you frustrating, angry, depressed, and hard to live with--my partner certainly can attest--but it doesn't make you a con artist sociopath. I worry a bit that you "don't give two craps about the con artist"--what about the victims? We are all the sum of our actions more than we are whatever labels we give ourselves. If our actions lead us to not being deserving of respect, what can we honestly expect? But this really isn't the place, either. My heart goes out to the poor victims of this and I hope they find peace.

• TrabantMay 23, 2011 - 2:04 am

I would caution everyone reading this not to give any money, ever, to "neutral third party" Andrew Blake, who has several other aliases, one as fake as the next, and never passes up an opportunity to con money out of people. It is very sad to see that he's trying to make money from Quinn's death. Extortion and lies indeed. It is possible that Quinn tried to get money out of Eisenberg because Blake asked her to, but that's for the police to investigate.

• Aunt SophiaMay 28, 2011 - 9:57 am

I'm curious; please tell me what does his sexuality has to do with someone trying to kill him? How did money become an issue, and who's giving it away? As "seriously" has writtenI; how did he caused Mr. Eisenberg's and Ms. Quinn's volatile relation which seemed to have been going for for a few years, or was the email sent to Ms. Quinn's mother actually sent by Tony Blake? Did Tony Blake kill everyone else in the house, shot himself in the foot & is blaming it all on Eisenberg? I'm simply trying to comprehend the venom towards him written in most of the messages here...pls advise.

• T. HuangApril 27, 2012 - 8:27 pm

His sexuality has to do with him/her lying about the person s/he REALLY is and messing up people's heads to get what s/he wants. This isn't the first time he's come between a married couple and then conned the wife into divorcing the husband and milking him for all the $ s/he can, with all the $ going to him/her. It's just the first time when the husband had been pushed to the point that it ended in murders/suicide. *disgusted*

• Melanie from ReddingJune 01, 2011 - 6:25 pm

Marla we can barely believe this has happened. Please call or email. God rest in peace

• Marla KingJune 01, 2011 - 7:00 pm

My dear friend Melanie! My heart is still trying to catch up with my head too. You did so much for TC and he for you! He will be so missed! I have learned from his innocently spilt blood. It will not be wasted because in my life I am not the same. I have learned from this and what led up to it. When we isolate from family we do not have the wisdom we need in making the best decisions. We are meant to be in frequent contact with our family of origin, for that is our strength here on earth. Too many people isolate, remaining emotional miles away no matter how physically close or far they are. I am now cherishing every phone call I make to parents and extended relatives. Friends come and go, but family was arranged by Someone outside of our control. To isolate is to endanger yourself, and to harmonize is to truly be strong. I will call you soon.

• Marla KingJune 01, 2011 - 7:03 pm

May we all live our today's so that someone's life is changed forever tomorrow!

• Maryana PleshJune 02, 2011 - 2:19 am

Tony ! My friend . What could happend to you ? Don' t mind me I wish he was here to tell us the story . But maybe his death says it all . He didn' sapre his own life for the beneffit of others . I hpoe and pray his death is not in vain but a lesson to all of us . His blood screams loud and clear :PLEASE STOP THE HATE !How many more lives it takes to find out is not the way to live your life? If Tony would be here ,he would give us a leson of LOVE . But now we have his sacrifice as a testemony of his Love and faiyh in God . I will miss you Tony on the mountains ,I will miss you talking many hours about the faith in God . I will miss YOU Tony ! I just have to wait until I will see you in heaven . Now rest in peace ! Good and faithful servant ! Your job is done on this earth . Love always your friend M.P.

• Tony's climbing partner ('95-'00) & steadfast friendJune 02, 2011 - 1:10 pm

To "Friend of (Tony) Anthony Chambers" who posted earlier....I'm still having a hard time believing this...I just talked to him not to long ago and apologized to him (Tony C.) for not taking the time out to get out in the mountains with him. Work and other obligations got in my way and I'm learning to know what is more important now in life....after the loss of now, the 3rd solid friend in less than 2 years, I'm finally learning what is really important in life...spending time with those you are close to and relying on Christ to lead us through this world.

• Tony's climbing partner ('95-'00) & steadfast friendJune 02, 2011 - 1:22 pm

Also, to "Friend of (Tony) Anthony Chambers"...sorry that it's taking this to happen for us to meet. Miguel asked me, yesterday, for a little advice regarding the Shasta memorial trip for Tony...I told him it's ironic that Mt. Shasta has broke a record for snow accumulation. The last record was in 1913! This is very meaningful to me and it would be for Tony as well. We need to climb it when there is still snow mixed with rock on the mountain. This is how he would want it to be. I'm in the gear modification business and modify Special Operations Forces gear and uniforms for our brave US forces and for mountaineering enthusiasts as well. I told Miguel I have extra climbing equipment to share with others for the Shasta trip if it's needed.

• Tony's climbing partner ('95-'00) & steadfast friendJune 02, 2011 - 1:30 pm

We all love and miss Tony and we will see him and others when we finally get out of this place...when our steadfast Creator returns for His people. Tony was extraordinary in his own way. I can recall countless stories and trips that we made and will be happy to share our epic event that happened on two of our climbing endeavors. See you all at the service in Napa and I'll see you all who are doing the Shasta trip.

• A look at the new DR website, by the numbers | Daily RepublicJune 03, 2011 - 9:22 am

[...] No. 3. Our coverage of a double murder and suicide in the Green Valley area of Fairfield, which saw a combined 3,280 views. The most-viewed item here was our report on the details of the estranged couple at the center of the shootings, Jason M. Eisenberg and Brittany M. Quinn. You can find that item here: <http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/fairfield/hate-extortion-lies-underlie-fairfield-murder-suicide/>. [...]

• PearAugust 04, 2011 - 6:20 am

So NOT shocked that "Andrew" hid in the bathroom instead of trying to help. Amy (aka Andrew) always was a cowardly liar, looking out only for herself. And now she's using poor Brittany's death to con more people out of their money in the name of charity and memory. It's SICK.

• jasons old roomateAugust 22, 2011 - 7:01 am

OMG- I was this guys roomate for 2 years?!?!?!?!?!

• KatSeptember 17, 2011 - 10:33 am

I just sat here and read all of these... my heart goes out to all families... I think a lot of you forgot about the families when you went on your rants. Regardless of who is at fault, three people have lost their lives due to hate. Such a strong word, and it can do strong things. Let us not let that hatred continue... you are only letting whoever it is that is ultimately responsible ( which is probably more than one person) seem victorious in their action to spread hatred. Look towards peace, not hatred.

• Pants on Fire | Off the RailsJuly 26, 2013 - 9:54 pm

[...] into prostitution. You silenced me for years, and allowed Jordan to start up his newest cult and hurt more people. Way to fight for what’s right, Jeanine. Good job. I know you were hurt in all this too, and [...]

Missouri Street Theatre set to open ‘Bonnie and Clyde’

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B1

Shelter uses technology to reunite pets, owners

By Susan Hiland | From Page: A1 | Gallery

Weekend full of jazz on tap in Vacaville

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B1

Police make child molestation arrest

By Barry Eberling | From Page: A3, 4 Comments | Gallery

Dignitaries celebrate opening of $30M courthouse

By Jess Sullivan | From Page: A3, 2 Comments | Gallery

Fairfield police arrest 2 in robberies investigation

By Barry Eberling | From Page: A3, 10 Comments | Gallery

Police seek help to find missing Fairfield man

By Glen Faison | From Page: A4 | Gallery

Men, again, are seen as missing in Fairfield

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A4, 6 Comments | Gallery

Stolen vehicle investigation leads to 3 arrests

By Barry Eberling | From Page: A4, 3 Comments | Gallery

Weather for Sept. 19, 2014

By Daily Republic | From Page: B12

Suisun City police log: Sept. 17, 2014

Fairfield police log: Sept. 17, 2014

Man arrested in fast-growing California wildfire

By The Associated Press | From Page: A1 | Gallery

Strong Senate vote for Obama on Syria rebel aid

Scots reject independence in historic vote

By The Associated Press | From Page: A1, 1 Comment | Gallery

Passenger says JetBlue plane filled with smoke

By The Associated Press | From Page: A4 | Gallery

Law makes earthquake insurance more understandable

GOP pushes diverse candidates, but will it matter?

By The Associated Press | From Page: A4, 1 Comment

PG&E emails may have violated rules, judge says

500 Berkeley students missed sex abuse classes

Boxer indicates big decision to come next year

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5 | Gallery

Father arrested in fatal stabbing of 6-year-old

Health exchange addresses dropped policies

UC system plan calls for anti-sex abuse effort

Democratic state lawmaker arraigned on DUI charges

By The Associated Press | From Page: A5, 1 Comment

Sheriff: Fla. man kills 6 grandchildren, daughter

Couple in Craigslist slaying sentenced to life

In wake of beheadings, Busch Gardens removes props

Trooper ambush suspect added to most wanted list

CDC tells healthy adults not to forget flu vaccine

By The Associated Press | From Page: A6 | Gallery

Border Patrol to test wearing cameras

By The Associated Press | From Page: A6 | Gallery

Kansas court: Remove Democrat from Senate ballot

Ukraine’s pleas for lethal aid from US go unmet

British hostage appears in new video

Witness: 21 killed by Mexico army had surrendered

Militant gains illustrate plight of Syrian Kurds

Series of attacks kills at least 36 in Iraq

Sierra Leone to shut down for 3 days to slow Ebola

By The Associated Press | From Page: A10 | Gallery

Did the ‘War on Poverty’ fail?

By Ben Boychuk and Joel Mathis | From Page: A11

Do you feel more secure?

By Bud Stevenson | From Page: A11, 2 Comments

My support for anyone but Moy

By Letter to the Editor | From Page: A11, 34 Comments

Today in History: Sept. 19, 2014

Community Calendar: Sept. 19, 2014

Horoscopes: Sept. 19, 2014

By Holiday Mathis | From Page: A9

Mother-in-law bothers me at work for kid’s minor infractions

By Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar | From Page: A9

Week in preview Sept. 19-25, 2014

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B1

Review: ‘Leave You’ has A-list cast, B-grade result

Adam Driver shifts into hyper drive

By Jake Coyle | From Page: B2

‘The Voice’ winner goes to Broadway’s ‘Pippin’

TV Guide Network renaming itself POP

Peter Fonda’s ‘Easy Rider’ bike going to auction

Entertainment calendar Sept. 19, 2014

By Amy Maginnis-Honey | From Page: B4

Darrell Hammond takes over for Don Pardo on ‘SNL’

The Roosevelt trail, from Maine to North Dakota

Vanden volleyball team remains undefeated in SCAC play

49ers’ Derek Carrier ready to step in at tight end

By The Associated Press | From Page: B7, 1 Comment

Raiders seek ways to get Reece more involved

Athletics out of top wild-card spot as Texas sweeps

Nashville new home for Athletics’ Triple-A team

Falcons romp to 56-14 win over hapless Buccaneers

2-time Grand Slam winner Li Na retires from tour

Stacy Lewis, Mi Jung Hur share LPGA lead in Alabama

WR Simpson, in more trouble, released by Vikings

Royal & Ancient votes to admit female members

MLS says Chivas USA might not play in 2015

Tiger Woods says he might coach himself

Police: Cardinals RB Dwyer head-butted wife

Prep football capsules: Week 3

By Paul Farmer | From Page: B10

Signups for Friday, Sept. 19, 2014

By Paul Farmer | From Page: B10

Appeals court reconsidering Barry Bonds conviction

Nissan’s small car excels at affordability

By Ann M. Job | From Page: C1 | Gallery

Self-driving cars now need a permit in California

By The Associated Press | From Page: C2 | Gallery

Ellison gives up Oracle CEO role, becomes chairman

California bill increases Hollywood tax credits

Fed keeps rates low, but brace for the inevitable

Alibaba prices IPO at $68 per share

Home Depot says malware affected 56M payment cards

Applications for US jobless benefits fall sharply

By The Associated Press | From Page: B11, 1 Comment

Apple locks itself out of devices with passwords

Alibaba’s plan: Today, China. Tomorrow, the world.

Chevron meets new, voluntary shale drilling rules

Margaret King