Fairfield

Crash on Air Base Parkway kills 1

By From page A3 | February 26, 2014

FAIRFIELD — A two-vehicle crash Tuesday on Air Base Parkway claimed the life of a Pittsburg man and sent another person to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.

Fairfield police Lt. Randy Fenn said the collision, on eastbound Air Base Parkway near Wiley Lane, was reported at 6:56 p.m. Officers responded and discovered the two vehicles, each with one occupant.

One driver, Quincy Jones, 38, of Pittsburg, was declared dead at the scene, Fenn said. The other driver was transported by ambulance to a local hospital.

Details were few as to the circumstances surrounding the crash.

“It’s pretty early at this point. Fairfield PD traffic investigations is on scene and doing a full workup on it,” Fenn said. “We don’t know if speed was a factor or alcohol or anything like that. Those are things of course that we’re going to be looking at.”

Fenn said the area was being treated as a crime scene – standard procedure with a traffic fatality – and traffic was blocked off at Walters Road.

Flares and police vehicles directed eastbound vehicles north onto Huntington Drive. The road remained closed for several hours.

It’s the third fatal crash in the area since Sunday.

Just before noon Monday, a woman was killed when her car drifted off Leisure Town Road in Vacaville and slammed into a utility pole. The driver was ejected and the car ended up on its roof in a creek bed near the roadway.

Sunday afternoon, 31-year-old Ronald Brackett of Fairfield was killed in a two-vehicle crash at Lopes Road and Canyon Hills Road.

Brackett’s northbound vehicle was struck by an oncoming car, the driver of which was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries. Witnesses to that crash told police that the vehicle that hit Brackett’s car may have been involved in a street race with a black Toyota Tundra, which left the scene.

Police are still seeking the identity of the Tundra’s driver.

Reach Mike Corpos at 427-6979 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/mcorposdr.

• CD BrooksFebruary 26, 2014 - 6:20 am

FF64, alluded to this the other day. More people seem to be getting killed in accidents and with all the info and technology we have it doesn't make sense. Condolences to all the families and friends for their loss.

• ThomasFebruary 26, 2014 - 11:26 am

CD Brooks, your comment is SO true. Most accidents can be prevented with accident prevention sensors! But you have to lobby officials to require such technology installed in our cars, and that is something we as parents, friends, and communities are not doing! Quincy and the rest of the family… I will fight for those voices that have been silenced from road traffic accidents! Until we meet again my Burton Block Brother!!! www.facebook.com/StopStopStopAMF

• wayneeFebruary 26, 2014 - 7:29 am

Quincy was my childhood friend and it was his Birthday you never no when Gods going to call you home...Rest n Peace

• Vanessa Missinmymom-ripmylady RipfeebookandirtFebruary 26, 2014 - 7:42 am

Man man man brother its not true I wish this was a dream Man rest with love. You will never ever be forgotten The Boi Quther truly one of a kind ♡♡

• LizbethFebruary 26, 2014 - 8:15 am

an amazing person all the way!! Rest in peace Quincy! Keeping your family in prayers

• paula greeneFebruary 26, 2014 - 8:23 am

Quincy,Qtip..May your soul fly high..you was a very good man an a amazing Daddy...you loved kids n you were full of life this is hard to swallow on your Bday man why?...Prayers to the family may God give you the stregnth to get through..love Paula n Levar.

• LorraineFebruary 26, 2014 - 8:35 am

May your soul rest with God. Quincy was always happy-go-lucky. We grew up together, same neighborhood. All of us from the neighborhood spent almost every day together growing up. Prayers go out to your children and your family, may God give them peace and strength.

• LeAndraFebruary 26, 2014 - 9:23 am

Qunicy you will be deeply missed by your Pittsburg Folks. Rip

• Charles Jr.February 26, 2014 - 9:37 am

RIP Brother Quincy, Condolences and Prayers to his family and loved ones!

• mekaFebruary 26, 2014 - 10:54 am

Tipp my words cant express the way im feelin rite now!!! U kno u will always hold a special spot n my heart!!! Your gona b truly missed bt never forgotten!!! See u when I get their!!! Love you Tipp!!!!

• AshleyFebruary 26, 2014 - 8:27 pm

Maannn Q, I just couldn't believe it still, n I felt like I had 2 confirm again. This is unbelievable mann. U was a real koo dude, and u know it was always love man, 4real. May u rest in peace, and my condolensces 2 your family and other loved ones..

• michelleFebruary 27, 2014 - 8:05 am

RIP brother , you were an amazing person, loving dad, and good friend to every1. You will truly be missed

• WendyMarch 04, 2014 - 1:56 pm

Rest in peace my loved one, I didnt get to see you while you were on the earth like I wish I would have I will see you in Heaven some sweet day, God rest your soul and I pray you didnt suffer a bit, as your precious life was stolen, to my uncle your dad and your baby moms and your Son we love you and God will give you all strength....I will miss me please look down and smile on me and over me as always...the family will be at the funeral Friday and my aura will as well...Love Always Quincy R.I.P. Baby Boi, your cousin Wendy from NYC living in Durham, NC right now

• $aniMarch 06, 2014 - 9:01 pm

Brodie Q tip (Rest.In.Plush) with the rest of the LocLord$, you will be missed..

• NobleMarch 07, 2014 - 1:09 am

My Brother. I still can't believe it. Rest In Plush. Always Remembered Neva Forgotten. Love You My Brother. Speechless.