Community to observe National Day of Prayer

By From page A8 | April 30, 2014

FAIRFIELD — The 63rd National Day of Prayer will be marked locally at noon Thursday at the Fairfield City Council chamber, 1000 Webster St.

The theme is “One Voice United in Prayer.” Local pastors and city leaders will lead the prayers. The event should last about an hour.

For more information, visit www.nationaldayofprayer.org.

Reach Amy Maginnis-Honey at 427-6957 or [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/amaginnisdr.

Amy Maginnis-Honey

Amy Maginnis-Honey

Amy Maginnis-Honey joined the staff of the Daily Republic in 1980. She’ll tell you she was only 3 at the time. Over the past three decades she’s done a variety of jobs in the newsroom. Today, she covers arts and entertainment and writes for the Living and news pages.

• The MisterApril 29, 2014 - 6:57 am

City leaders and local pastors... what? No outcry about the separation of "church and state"? It's really too bad the pastors don't have the fortitude to stand up against the "state".

• janiepbessApril 30, 2014 - 1:03 pm

I read comments from all the do nothings in this town who only complain. Why dont you do something like pray where ever you are. it doesn't matter. God does answer prayer. Make no mistake. That's my say

• Danny BuntinApril 30, 2014 - 5:16 pm

I just prayed five times, and its not working. What am I doing wrong?????

• TiredOfDBApril 30, 2014 - 7:09 pm

Breathing regular. Try holding your breath for about a week. Works every time.

• The SugarJarApril 30, 2014 - 7:28 pm

@TiredofDB , Well that wouldn't work if he was praying for something besides his own death. It's pray to God but row to shore for those who believe in God. For the rest it's row to shore. So it works either way. But now I know if I'm "tired" of someone I can just request they cause their own death. Could be National Pray for Others to Die Day?

• Danny BuntinApril 30, 2014 - 7:57 pm

Never mind, I found the big tall hat - that must of been what I was lacking.

• CrystalMay 01, 2014 - 5:51 am

You're not doing anything wrong. God hears your prayers. You must have faith and believe. He loves you. If you have not given your life to Christ Jesus today would be great. Ask him to forgive you of your sins and to come into your heart. Find a church home (Liberty Church in FF) is where I go. Be blessed ☺

• CD BrooksApril 29, 2014 - 7:05 am

The Mister, I complain about this every year. It should take place on a church property not the steps of city hall.

• rlw895April 29, 2014 - 7:24 am

I hope they paid to rent the space for this private party.

• Jason KnowlesApril 29, 2014 - 9:01 pm

63 National Days of Prayer and look where we are. Pray harder, fellas.

• Danny BuntinApril 30, 2014 - 5:04 pm

I have some extra chicken feet, and a bag of salt.

• CD BrooksApril 30, 2014 - 10:27 am

This should never happen at City Hall, period. Therefore, we should have an atheist gathering at the same event. Equal time?

• Danny BuntinApril 30, 2014 - 5:14 pm

I.m in for that. A march for sanity over superstition.