Downtown Vacaville plans spring, summer entertainment
VACAVILLE — Downtown Vacaville kicks off its 2014 entertainment offerings with this weekend’s Country & Western Festival.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg.
Combined with downtown Vacaville venues that offer live entertainment, there’s always something happening, said Bob Vollmer, executive director of the Downtown Vacaville Business Improvement District.
“You can come almost every night and find something,” he said.
The highlights include:
- Friday night concerts beginning May 2 through May 30.
- A wine stroll May 3.
- The farmers market also kicks off May 3.
- A Boy Scout Pinewood Derby May 17.
- Wednesday lunchtime performances begin June 4.
- The Downtown Vacaville Blues Festival July 3-6, kicking off with Charlie Musselwhite’s 8 p.m. show July 3 at Theatre DeVille.
More details can be found at www.downtownvacaville.com.
Reach Amy Maginnis-Honey at 427-6957 or [email protected]. Follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/amaginnisdr.
Amy Maginnis-Honey joined the staff of the Daily Republic in 1980. She’ll tell you she was only 3 at the time.
Over the past three decades she’s done a variety of jobs in the newsroom.
Today, she covers arts and entertainment and writes for the Living and news pages.