FAIRFIELD — A reception next week hosted by the Solano County Office of Education will honor 14 school district employees nominated for 2014-15 Solano County Educators of the Year.
“The Educators of the Year program is a wonderful opportunity to recognize the hard work and dedication of our teachers and school staff,” said Jay Speck, Solano County superintendent of schools., in a press release. “These individuals have all made significant contributions to student achievement and a positive school climate.”
Solano County Educators of the Year nominees are:
- Kristyn Andrews, kindergarten through fifth-grade specialized education core inclusion teacher at Matthew Turner Elementary School, Benicia School District.
- Phil Green, isolated classroom environment supervisor at Benicia High School, Benicia School District.
- Peggy Harte, fourth-grade teacher at Tremont Elementary School, Dixon School District.
- Jill Camp, office manager at C.A. Jacobs Intermediate School, Dixon School District.
- Michelle Labelle-Fisch, sixth-grade teacher at K.I. Jones Elementary School, Fairfield-Suisun School District.
- Faren Jones, secretary at Matt Garcia Learning Center, Fairfield-Suisun School District.
- Cory Smith, preschool special education teacher at Silveyville and Irene Larsen Center, Solano County Office of Education.
- Kira Levin, school secretary for special education at Golden Hills Education Center, Solano County Office of Education.
- Maranda Hanson, sixth-grade teacher at Scandia Elementary School, Travis School District.
- Janie Tepley, school secretary for the Travis Education Center and Travis Community Day School, Travis School District.
- Dave Hawkins, 10th- through 12th-grade history and government teacher at Buckingham Charter School, Vacaville School District.
- Lisa Galloway, secretary at Country High School, Vacaville School District.
- Ainsley Harris, fourth-grade teacher at Johnston Cooper Elementary School, Vallejo School District.
- Matt Nyland, custodian at Steffan Manor Elementary School, Vallejo School District.
One teacher and one school support staff award recipient will be selected and their names forwarded to the California Department of Education to represent Solano County in a statewide Educators of the Year competition.
The reception will begin at 5:15 p.m. Wednesday at the Joseph A. Nelson Community Center, 611 Village Drive in Suisun City.
Video segments of all Educators of the Year nominees will be posted after the Suisun City event on the Solano County Office of Education website at www.solanocoe.net.
Reach Ryan McCarthy at 427-6935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.