FAIRFIELD — Cash for College workshops will take place throughout Solano County to help students and their families get assistance from financial aid experts.
Qualifying students receive Cal Grants awards from the state of California, which provide full financing for tuition and fees at the California State University or the University of California. Awards are also given to community college students and students entering private California colleges.
Students who plan to attend Cash for College workshops will need the following:
- A Social Security card or driver’s license (if available).
- Parent’s Social Security card (if available).
- Parent’s federal income tax return or W-2 Form from 2013 (Or 2012 to make an estimate).
- Records of untaxed income such as child support, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, interest income, veteran noneducation benefits, Social Security benefits.
- Student W-2 forms, pay records or records of income earned during 2013.
- Bank account records or statements.
- Records of stocks, bonds or investments.
- Business records.
- If not a U.S. citizen, bring alien registration card (if available).
- A list of colleges the student is interested in.
Times and locations are subject to change. Participants should check the schedule at www.calgrants.org before attending. Workshops are scheduled for:
- Tuesday: 6 to 7:30 p.m., Will C. Wood Library, 998 Marshall Road, Vacaville.
- Thursday: 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., Buckingham Charter Magnet High School, 188 Bella Vista Road, Suite B, Vacaville.
- Jan. 23: 5:30 to 8:30 p.m., Armijo High School, 824 Washington St., Fairfield.
- Jan. 28: 6 to 8 p.m., Rodriguez High School, 5000 Red Top Road, Fairfield.
- Jan. 29: 2 to 6 p.m., Rio Vista High Computer Lab, 410 S. Fourth St., Rio Vista.
- Jan. 30: 6 to 8 p.m., Vacaville High School, 100 W. Monte Vista Ave., Vacaville.
- Feb. 5: 6 to 7:30 p.m., Will C. Wood Library, 998 Marshall Road, Vacaville.
- Feb. 6: 5:30 to 9 p.m., Fairfield High School, 205 E. Atlantic Ave., Fairfield.
- Feb. 11: 6 to 8 p.m., Vanden High School, 2951 Markley Lane, Fairfield.
- Feb. 12: 4 to 7:30 p.m., Solano Community College, 4000 Suisun Valley Road, Building 500, Fairfield.
- Feb. 13: 4 to 7:30 p.m., Solano Community College, 2001 N. Village Parkway, Vacaville.
- Feb. 27: 6 to 8 p.m., Vacaville High School, 100 W. Monte Vista Ave., Vacaville.
- March 1: 9 a.m. to noon, Solano Community College, 4000 Suisun Valley Road, Student Services Building 400, Fairfield.
Reach Ryan McCarthy at 427-6935 or [email protected]