Vacaville restaurant settles suit

By From page A3 | June 18, 2014

FAIRFIELD — A settlement has been reached with one of two female food servers at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Vacaville who said they were fired months before having babies.

The two former employees said they were hired in 2011 and lost their jobs the next year.

The restaurant, in a response filed in Solano County Superior Court, denied the women’s assertions in the civil suit filed in October 2013.

Heather Leiferman, spokeswoman for Wild Wings at its Minneapolis, Minn. office, declined Tuesday to comment on the legal matter. The manager at the Vacaville restaurant declined comment as well.

Reach Ryan McCarthy at 427-6935 or [email protected]

Ryan McCarthy

• BobJune 18, 2014 - 7:18 am

I don't think I'll visit wild wild wings agin, stories like this don't just pop up out of no where, there is always some truth to the stories. The owners don't need my money if this is how they treat employees

• just sayin'June 18, 2014 - 8:40 am

I'll continue to enjoy Buffalo Wild Wings in Vacaville. I have no idea what the case was about or who was in the right. I do know people can learn from experience.

• JimboJune 18, 2014 - 1:10 pm

I gauge an eatery solely on the body shape of their target clientele who regularly eat their food. Buffalo Wild Wings fails miserably.

• Jose MadreJune 18, 2014 - 5:11 pm

Who wants some wings served by a chunky mom with flat flapjacks flopping on her chest??? Go to Denny's for that! I want to be entertained by the TVs and the "waitresses" when I go out for wings. I'm glad those gold diggers don't work there any more.

• GetSomeActRightJune 18, 2014 - 10:02 pm

You are a disgusting human being Jose!. I Pray to GOD you don't have children especially a daughter!!. If that was your daughter who lost her job because she was pregnant I bet you would be singing a different tune!!. Lol I doubt real Women even deal with you!.

• Jose MadreJune 19, 2014 - 6:43 am

Hey GetSome...I raised two daughters who were intelligent enough to actually go to college and have careers, not some job that's a step down from where you the two main work tools are coconut glitter body oil and a pole. Apparently praying to some make believe GOD didn't work for ya, maybe you should try the tooth fairy, or the easter bunny since those 3 things are all something fools want to believe in! And my wife of 20 plus years is very real. She can think on her own, work on her own and isn't dependent on begging for throw done change to make a living like a stray dog begging for scraps. That's part of the entertainment....like a King watching jesters, those broads are for MY entertainment.

• Mr.RJune 19, 2014 - 10:36 am

Jose,your a sicko. You talk the way you think,no respect for yourself or for other people.You don't have any idea why these women are working at that type of job.Maybe some day you'll go to a doctor that turns out to be your former entertainer.Remember that you reap what you sow.I hope your daughters don't end up with a man like you.

• The KiltJune 19, 2014 - 9:54 am

Tilted Kilt is where it's at!! Look it up. Visited one in Denver and Arizona. Top notch trim!!