Trial setting on calendar for Six Flags suit

By From page A3 | June 15, 2014

FAIRFIELD — A lawsuit filed for a 7-year-old said to have broken her arm after tripping over a lip in a concrete walkway at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom will be the subject of an Oct. 1 trial setting conference in Solano County Superior Court.

The attorney for Sophia Barton said the March 17, 2013, incident caused the girl severe injuries.

Six Flags, in a court filing, denied that the park was responsible for any injuries.

Reach Ryan McCarthy at 427-6935 or [email protected]

Ryan McCarthy

• Dumb assesJune 15, 2014 - 12:28 am

People are so desperate these days for money! I busted my lip 17+ years ago teeth went through my lip & all, while leaving Walmart I slipped on the yellow pads outside the store on a rainy day my mother didn't go off suing everybody she took me to the emergancy room & that was that. GET OVER IT PEOPLE get a job

• rlw895June 15, 2014 - 2:33 am

Not "people," attorney-people.

• Skeptic ScroogeJune 15, 2014 - 5:12 am

If she broke her arm, and if it was her writing arm, it could set her back with writing development at a critical learning point. Of course, with computers nowadays, it's not like anyone writes on paper anymore.

• 2realJune 15, 2014 - 8:57 am

Key word of the story, SHE tripped. Your fault. Sorry but man up. Watch where you walk.

• Don't be a liability.June 15, 2014 - 1:58 pm

The bitter comments from the regulars!! You people must live really sad lives!. If it's discovered that Six Flags had orders to fix the walkways and it never happened they are liable!!. Hope they get a good settlement!. Breaking your arm at 7 yrs old, that's pretty traumatic and if the child missed school and the parents missed work because of it, that's income and education lost!!. Be on your toes people would hate for any of you regulars commenting to be sued.

• LMHJune 15, 2014 - 6:46 pm

Ok here goes...I fell and broke my arm when I was 7. In front of a business that was owned by a classmate's parents. It was raining and there was a crack in the pavement to the entryway to the business. I slipped because of the rain and my Catholic school white oxfords slippery orange soles. No way would a lawsuit be considered at that time, friend or no friend's business, nor the City of Berkeley. Ambulance chaser is this kids lawyer.