Crime-courts

Shooting leaves 1 dead in Suisun

By From page A4 | April 14, 2014

SUISUN CITY — A shooting left a man dead Saturday in Suisun City.

Police responded at about 11 p.m. to a report of a gunshot victim in the area of Terry Lane, according to a police press release. Police found a male victim with gunshot wounds. He died from his injuries.

Lt. Tim Mattos said Sunday that police are not releasing any information about the victim’s identity – including his age and city of residence – or information about possible suspects, pending further investigation.

Anyone with information about the fatal shooting is asked to call Detective Lisa Evenson at 421-7373.

Reach Adrienne Harris at 427-6956 or [email protected] Follow her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/aharrisdr.

(This version corrects the time of the incident to 11 p.m., which was erroneously reported by the Suisun Police Department in its press release.)

Adrienne Harris

Adrienne Harris

Adrienne joined the Daily Republic in September 2009. She earned her journalism degree at the University of Florida in 2005 and has worked at newspapers in Fort Pierce, Fla.; Las Cruces, N.M.; and El Paso, Texas.

• Local Scanner GuyApril 14, 2014 - 4:11 am

I'm pretty sure this happened at night, and not at 11:00AM. Also, there was notice sent out for other police agencies to look out for a named suspect (armed and dangerous), along with others who where at the house when the murder occurred. I wish I had made note of the names, but I was driving to work and short on time.

• CD BrooksApril 14, 2014 - 6:32 am

Yawn, another shooting. This will soon be the general attitude. It can only go downhill from there.

• R. LeeApril 14, 2014 - 8:45 am

I hope there's some follow up to this story. I live right around the corner, never heard anything whether day or night. Why isn't it in the police log?

• RalphApril 14, 2014 - 11:38 am

Why are crime like these okay?

• clancyApril 14, 2014 - 2:35 pm

Could someone please answer why this not in the police log? This isn't the first time I've seen shootings not in Fairfield or Suisun Police logs So, they only log what they feel like logging?

• someoneApril 14, 2014 - 4:28 pm

It's still being investigated an it happens at 11 pm!!

• beckyApril 15, 2014 - 3:39 pm

YES I WONDER WHY THIS IS NOT IN THE POLICE LOG VERY VERY SAD.....AND WHY IS THIS SEEM TO BE AN EVERYDAY SETTING NOW IN OUR SOCIETY NO MATTER WHERE U LIVE

• beckyApril 15, 2014 - 3:41 pm

R.I.P. GODS ANGEL

• Sean WestApril 14, 2014 - 6:18 pm

if they log everything, the community might see what really goes on, and move away..

• Rich GiddensApril 14, 2014 - 9:21 pm

The disparity in what happens and what gets reported has been brought up many time. And that my friends was one of my complaints just before I was attacked at the Nelson Community Center in front of TV cameras!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paQXY8kK75c

• 2realApril 14, 2014 - 7:02 pm

Exactly... they only tell u what they wanna tell u. You would think they would want to inform the public on as much info as they have. To keep the rest of us safe. Because if u dont know whats goin on in the community.... well... u or i could be next!

• Mr. PracticalApril 14, 2014 - 7:10 pm

The incidents was yesterday 4/13. The most current log is for 4/12. It was be nice if they could see into the future but I don't think they have the technology yet.

• archie the magnificentApril 14, 2014 - 7:42 pm

and oh yeah there was another murder this weekend???? wouldn't want to put it on the front page,,, that would make it look like the powers that be are starting to lose control,,,,,, everything is just fine Fairfield,,,,,, read about foreign exchange students

• clancyApril 14, 2014 - 8:27 pm

Mr Practical. You are right I will check the April 13 the police log when it is printed . The Fairfield shooting was April 11:th and I don't see it in the Fairfield police log or am I missing it? Yes let's read about foreign exchange students and Alpacas so very important. (Scarcasam).

• MeApril 14, 2014 - 11:51 pm

So sad...i live very close by and heard the shots fired. I dont know why it says 11 am..it happend saturday 4/12 at 11:03pm to be exact..but its a sad situation anyway, no matter the time of day!!