FAIRFIELD-SUISUN, CALIFORNIA

Crime-courts

Restraining order request paints violent picture of suspect

By From page A1 | February 09, 2013

Anthony Lamar Jones is shown in a photo provided by the Fairfield Police Department.

Anthony Lamar Jones is shown in a photo provided by the Fairfield Police Department.

FAIRFIELD — Just days before 13-year-old Genelle Renee Conway-Allen was raped and murdered, the man arrested Friday for her death threatened to kill his wife and himself and talked of how women rejected him and how he was unworthy of love.

The estranged wife of Anthony Lamar Jones was so terrified of him and convinced that he was homicidal that she jumped out of their moving car on the night of Jan. 25 in front of a Waterman Boulevard shopping center. They had been driving toward their Clipper Lane home.

“I believe that if I brought him back to the house, he would kill me and then kill himself,” the wife wrote in a request for a temporary restraining order she received Jan. 28, four days before Conway-Allen was found dead.

“He told me about a woman he tried to date since our separation (in December). He felt the woman rejected him. He said no one thinks he is worthy of love.”

“Anthony looked at me and said, ‘I don’t want to scare you but I have a knife and a gun and I don’t want to die alone.’ ”

The police were called from the shopping center. They looked for the 32-year-old Jones, but did not find him. His wife was so afraid Jones was going to harm her that she moved in temporarily with her parents at their Fairfield home.

A Solano County sheriff’s deputy handed Jones a copy of the restraining order at the Clipper Lane home a few hours after Conway-Allen’s naked body was found in Allan Witt Park on Feb. 1.

Jones’ wife had also fled to her parents’ house on the night of Dec. 16, 2012, after Jones assaulted her and threatened to burn down her house and ruin her credit, according to the restraining order.

“He pushed me more than once and he dragged me from the bed by my foot onto the floor. . . . He threw (something) at me and it missed and broke the bedroom window. I tried to call my parents and he took my cellphone. I ran out of the house and tried to get in my car . . . but he was chasing me. I ran to a neighbor’s house but they did not answer. . . .  I looked back at the house and Anthony’s car was gone so I ran back home, got in my car and drove to my parents’ house.”

Reach Jess Sullivan at 427-6919 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jsullivandr.

Jess Sullivan

Jess has covered the criminal justice system in Solano County for several years. He was an embedded reporter in Iraq in 2003.
LEAVE A COMMENT

Discussion | 2 comments

The Daily Republic does not necessarily condone the comments here, nor does it review every post. Please read our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy before commenting.

  • John in SuisunFebruary 08, 2013 - 10:55 pm

    Sounds like a heel of a guy. So glad he is off of the streets.

    Reply | Report abusive comment
  • JulieFebruary 11, 2013 - 12:14 am

    Restraining orders don't do much to detour the really bad ones, a peice of paper means nothing to a psychopath. Something should be done sooner to stop men like this,but how? He was violent and terrorizing his wife before he did what he did to Genelle, how was he allowed to be out in society long enough to even be able to do it in the first place??? So many unanswered questions, IDK where to even start

    Reply | Report abusive comment
  • Recent Articles

  • Enter your email address to subscribe and receive notifications of new posts by email.

  • Special Publications »

    Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Service (updated 4/30/2015) and Privacy Policy (updated 4/7/2015).
    Copyright (c) 2015 McNaughton Newspapers, Inc., a family-owned local media company that proudly publishes the Daily Republic, Mountain Democrat, Davis Enterprise, Village Life and other community-driven publications.