Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Prosecution stumbles again in Vallejo homicide case

From page A4 | April 10, 2014 |

VALLEJO — The prosecution in a murder trial was abruptly halted Wednesday and District Attorney Donald A. du Bain’s ethics policy, which he has labeled as “the gold standard,” has been further tarnished.

Three days into the prosecution case against a Vallejo man accused of suffocating his girlfriend in a Vallejo motel room in August 2012, a DNA expert testified that she had 150 pages of notes and photographs about her DNA testing of crime scene evidence that had not been shared with defense attorneys before the start of the jury trial.

The revelation came after several days of pretrial hearings revolving around an effort by the defense lawyers for Michael A. Daniels to have his case thrown out because of alleged prosecution misconduct.

Those hearings ended with Judge Daniel Healy issuing a scathing 37-page report last month, blasting prosecutors for not revealing hundreds of pages of documents about the doctor who conducted dozens of homicide autopsies, who had been abruptly fired last year after a secret investigation about questions of her competency.

Healy told prosecutor Andrew Ganz that he and another deputy district attorney had repeatedly assured him that all documents related to the case against Daniels had been shared with the defense.

Daniels’ attorney, Meenha Lee, promptly renewed her request to throw out the case over the latest prosecution lapse. Healy put off a response to the request until Monday.

Ganz hemmed and hawed a bit, telling Healy it had not occurred to him to ask the DNA expert if she had documents related to three reports she authored on the crime-scene evidence.

“I don’t have a good explanation for why I did not ask her,” Ganz told Healy. “There’s been a lot going on for me. . . . It wouldn’t have taken much for me.”

Ganz assured Healy he would drive to the DNA expert’s San Mateo office Thursday morning to get copies of the 150 pages of notes and photos and would get them to defense attorneys before noon.

The pathologist who conducted the autopsy in Daniels’ case, Dr. Susan Hogan, is expected to testify as the final prosecution witness when the trial resumes Monday.

In his re-election bid, du Bain touts his office’s policy on sharing information with defense lawyers, as required by law, as one of his top accomplishments. Healy’s previous ruling criticized du Bain’s policy implementation.

Reach Jess Sullivan at 427-6919 or jsullivan@dailyrepublic.net. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/jsullivandr.

Jess Sullivan

Jess has covered the criminal justice system in Solano County for several years. He was an embedded reporter in Iraq in 2003.

• LoveMyCommunityApril 09, 2014 - 10:18 pm

This is not a story. Why is Jess Sullivan running Krishna Abrams campaign in the DR by repeatedly spinning the same story over and over just to make the DA (only) look bad? Jess, find another way to woo Abrams, and DR, give us some real, current news please.

• Bill of RightsApril 10, 2014 - 4:51 am

I don't agree. After all the hearings and the circling sarcasm surrounding discovery evidence, specifically in this case, and the prosecutor's excuse suggests he has a lot going on! I am pro police and support our criminal justice system. But this is not acceptable and not an excuse. This is a murder trial. Tighten up this ship Du Bain or you are going to find yourself shipwrecked and out looking for a job! Ridiculous!

• my2centsApril 10, 2014 - 6:01 am

I agree with love my community. This fiasco in the Michael Daniels case appears to be politically motivated and it stinks to high heaven! Judge Healy, former Chair of the Democratic Central Committee, and former criminal defense attorney, pitted against Donald DuBain, Republican, current District Attorney for the County, who is coincidentally the frequent focus of attack these stories purporting to cover the trial. It is a disgusting display that has compromised the integrity of the justice system. While I am not a fan of DuBain, I am not eager to put my vote behind a woman who opportunistically uses the situation to advance her political campaign. The DR's reporter covering these stories is obviously an Abrams supporter. I just hope readers understand how they are being manipulated by the press here. The DA race is truly a choice between two disgusting options. Makes me understand why some people choose not to vote at all!

• LoveMyCommunityApril 10, 2014 - 6:25 am

Agreed. They say it's all in the 'spin'. Sullivan has taken the original story of ongoing personnel issues in the SHERIFF/CORONER's office and spun it all into the DA's mess. I don't think they are all blameless but it is so blatantly obvious there is a Witch Hunt going in here and Abrams is enjoying all the free campaigning without even having to pay for it or report to the FPPC.

• The MisterApril 10, 2014 - 6:42 am

LMC... I'm seeing that too. To me, I can't see the DA's office being so stoopid on accident. I think it's part of a palace coup within the DA's office to 1) place all the blame of ineptness/corruptness on du Bain personally, and 2) to shift any of the "Coroner Scandal" away from the Sheriff/Coroner Ferrara and place is solely on du Bain. Du Bain is set up as the fall guy for the corruption/ineptness and the result will be du Bain will be gone, Abrams and the others in the DA's office (like those who belong to the Deputy Sheriffs' Association which is headed by Sheriff Ferrara's brother-in-law) will be protected/rewarded, and Sheriff Ferrara will appear to have no culpability in the Coroner Scandal which will make his election bid successful. I'm not saying that du Bain is not inept or corrupt; I'm saying it spreads much further through Solano County government than just du Bain. Let's just see if this cover-up orchestrated, apparently, by Sheriff Ferrara's people is successful.

• Curious ObserverApril 10, 2014 - 8:41 am

@ The Mister, you never cease to amaze me. Your hatred for the Sheriff’s Office is quite evident in your postings. Lest we forget, it was the Sheriff who ordered the investigation into the issues in the Coroner’s Office once he was made aware of them by some members of the District Attorney’s Office. And, it was that investigation, that he produced to the courts, that brought to light some of the issues, not only in the DA’s Office, but in his own office. So where exactly is this cover-up that was orchestrated by people in the Sheriff’s Office? It appears to me that both DA Du Bain and Sheriff Ferrara took heat for ineptness issues by their people. You keep harping on the issue that the Sheriff’s brother-in-law is the president on the Deputy Sheriff’s Association and there must be some corruption associated to that. You fail to acknowledge, as posted by many individuals including Leonard who was a former Deputy Sheriff’s Association President, that the president is elected by the members of the association. The Sheriff has nothing to do with the process. If this person was elected to this position, it stands to reason the rank and file had no problems with that relationship. All you do is provide supposition; the mere fact that there is a relationship there does not validate a corruption accusation. To make an accusation like that you should have proof. Please provide proof there is corruption on this issue.

• The MisterApril 10, 2014 - 9:46 am

@ CO; I don't have any hatred for the SO. I understand the true Constitutional role of our County Sheriff and appreciate the awesome responsibility any sheriff must strive to meet. I keep hearing from many people that the sheriff must be a great administrator to run a sheriff's office. It might be nice to have some experience at that, but the most important qualification of a Constitutional County Sheriff is his ability to know right from wrong and to protect the County residents from that which is wrong. (Are you following the Federal stand-off in Nevada right now? The sheriff in that county is a politician first and protecting his constituents is not his priority.) It is more than obvious that Ferrara struggles with knowing right from wrong and that his skills are more those of a politician. Just look at the blame-shift and cover-up that he and his minions are effecting right now. And how is Ferrara protecting the people by jeopardizing homicide and other violent court cases? His cover-up will likely put violent offenders back on the street AND cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars to re-try cases. I have no hatred for Sheriff Ferrara... but I can see what's going on.

• GemmaApril 10, 2014 - 6:18 am

Doesn't Krishna Adams work in the DA's office? Her hands are no cleaner than DuBains! C'mon now people. Anyone who works in that office is guilty of withholding information on cases. It's what they do. What's disgusting is a man is on trial for murdering his girlfriend, when more than likely, she choked to death on her own vomit. All BS aside, a person is dead, and another is fighting for his freedom, while these losers in the office try to run from their lies, and run for office. What about the girl raped and murdered in the park, and the pathologist saying "it was rough sex gone bad." Isn't that the pathologist who did Officer Capoot' Autopsy? Lets focus on the facts at hand-the DA's office is corrupt and worthless-the Pathologist is just as worthless, and God only knows how many people were either wrongfully convicted or wrongfully freed based on this dirty Pathologists exams. Who cares what side the reporter is on. I'm just happy what's done in the dark is finally coming to light.

• Rich GiddensApril 10, 2014 - 1:12 pm

Right on Gemma-----thanks!

• NotAgain?April 10, 2014 - 7:04 am

Seems to me that when you don't have the skill set to prosecute effectively, you'll compromise professional ethics to win. The prosecutor not turning over DNA evidence has nothing to do with Dr. Hogan. It's inexcusable and a bad pattern with DA's office. Du Bain and company are making joke out of Solano's judicial system. Its time for Du Bain to go.

• Reality CheckApril 10, 2014 - 8:24 am

NotAgain- get your facts straight. The article does not say the DA did not turn over DNA evidence. The DNA expert had notes he or she used in writing his or her report. That is a far cry from not turning over evidence. If this case is already to DNA evidence there must have been other witnesses that have testified. Imagine my surprise that Jess Sullivan only reports on the what he can spin into bad publicity for the DA's office. Why hasn't there been more about the actual trial Mr. Sullivan? Pathetic.

• Rich GiddensApril 10, 2014 - 7:47 am

There is no separation of powers and all of these entities have colluded illegally against the accused who by all appearances is innocent. There is no doubt that many accused in Solano County are facing ''trial by ambush'' where despite specific discovery requests, Du Bain's thugs show up at trial proffering evidence they've withheld! That is solid grounds for an immediate mistrial as the accused party's 6th Amendment due process rights were delibertly violated by the thugs infesting the 4th floor of the Solano County Government Rat Center. There are other illegal acts on the part of the gov-thugs going on too---namely the racially inflaming and rigging of juries with a veneer and composition that doesn't reflect current census demographics! If this withholding of Brady evidence had happened once or twice over a period of years I would give Du Bain the benefit of a doubt. But because it happens over and over again, it appears the DA thugs are not acting in good faith and have now earned the morally and legally justified contempt and possible wrath of the people. Such wilfull conduct by the DA is in fact a violation of 18USC where one or more individuals conspire to deny the civil rights of others. The DA is playing with high explosives and the fuse is lit!

• Fed UpApril 10, 2014 - 8:49 am

I really cannot believe that this is what I wake up to find in my paper. Why is Jess Sullivan even covering a Vallejo case? I have to say that I agree with Love My Community and My2cents and the Fairfield community deserves more from the Daily Republic. This article is nothing more than campaigning for the DA's challenger. I keep reading about how unethical the DA's office is but I just don't see it. I see a sheriff's office that employed a coroner who wasn't doing good work and she was fired. Then this blows up to being the DA's fault. It seems that the sheriff jumping ship from the DA's campaign is only to distance themselves from the blame of employing the coroner and the fall out from her firing and to place the blame solely on the DA. Doesn't Krishna Abrams work for this same office? Why does she think she is so above this? I can't imagine her fellow DA's appreciate her calling them unethical. I find that to be quite disgusting. She claims to have Integrity? Not in my book Ms. Abrams. I agree with the others above who say that she is capitalizing on Jess Sullivan's tainted journalism. In fact I don't call this journalism and Jess Sullivan certainly doesn't have journalistic integrity. Ms. Abrams, you may have the credentials in the courtroom but I don't see that you have much integrity. Mr. Du Bain you have my households vote. And the daily republic may not have my subscription much longer if this is the reporting that we get.

• Curious ObserverApril 10, 2014 - 10:01 am

Just to clarify, I believe it is the Deputy Sheriff's Association that "jumped ship." The Deputy Sheriff's Association is a union for deputy sheriffs, DA investigators and maybe a couple other classes. It is my understanding it is not the Sheriff's Office or the Sheriff. I believe I read somewhere the Sheriff is still supporting DA Du Bain but I might be mistaken on that.

• OverIt!April 11, 2014 - 12:38 am

Fed Up, Here! Here! I'm with you!

• MDSApril 10, 2014 - 11:35 am

Blame the DNA expert on this one. Everybody involved in homicide investigations from cops to forensic experts, knows good and dam well that they are responsible for providing the prosecutor with their reports and any notes they have in their possession. And although the Prosecutor should be double checking, they should not have to ask Court certified experts to give them documents the Court certified expert knew darn good and well they should have already given to the prosecutor. This is criminal justice 101. If I was that Deputy DA, I'd make sure that CDAA is notified to take this expert off their list for prosecutors to use.

• Rich GiddensApril 10, 2014 - 1:06 pm

Oh, so the DA's case manager has no culpability in this? Really? How many voters and electors will believe that lame excuse making now?

• I Call BSApril 10, 2014 - 6:33 pm

Wake up! The witness doesn't hold a bar card and it is NOT the DNA expert's job to provide discovery to the defense. That job belongs to the DA and the DA alone. This situation clearly demonstrates why du Bain should not be running the District Attorney's office. How can you have a DA that has never tried a homicide case making decisions about who should be trying homicides, training and overseeing those prosecutors? Here, the DA failed to turn over discovery again! Either this prosecutor doesn't know what he is doing...is incredibly unethical...or likely, both. Either way, it speaks volumes about du Bain's lack of experience and leadership. Solano County deserves better. Solano County deserves an experienced, ethical District Attorney. Krishna Abrams IS that choice.

• MDSApril 10, 2014 - 8:06 pm

Hey BS, why don't you learn to read! I said the Expert witness is responsible for giving it to the Prosecutor not the defense! The prosecutor then gives it to the defense. In this case, if you try reading the article, the materials were never given to the prosecutor. They can't discover stuff they don't have! Now don't you just feel so dumb?

• OverIt!April 10, 2014 - 11:38 am

Jess Sullivan! I mean, Crazy. Crazy, party of one, your table is ready!

• Rich GiddensApril 10, 2014 - 1:09 pm

Denigrating Mr. Sullivan and his hard work investigating what has happened is called ''blaming the messenger''. The story produced by Mr. Sullivan is factual and newsworthy. To deny what has and is still happening with DuBain and his office would be ridiculous!

• OverIt!April 11, 2014 - 12:23 am

Rich Giddens, FYI: Jess is NO messenger. LMAO! He is Krishna's campaign chair. GET a CLUE :-). Someday, when I have the energy, I will break down line by line what's going on. Good grief.

• Rich GiddensApril 11, 2014 - 7:01 am

If Mr. Sullivan is not the messenger, then pray tell, who is? Is this not the local newspaper? When government doesn't like being exposed for wrongdoing they scream ''yellow journalism'' and ''J'acccuse!". Over it, you should use your real name here so we may know what your relationship is with the DA. Jess Sullivan and the DR have a job to do reporting FACTS. If a fact is in dispute here, then please assert your claim of a fact that's wrong. Otherwise, you surely come across as just an empty headed mynah bird squawking ''no story here, move on!"

• General Fadi BasemApril 10, 2014 - 5:08 pm

This is starting to get too deep. Let's assume the DNA analyst was working on a sample related to this case. And the analyst inadvertently passed some gas. Should the analyst immediately do a "grab sample" of the passed gas to provide to the defense attorney so that it could be analyzed by a defense expert? How deep does this discovery process go? The entire process is starting to smell really bad.

• MDSApril 10, 2014 - 5:20 pm

The DNA expert is a Forensic Scientist. The term Forensic Scientist means a Scientist that works on criminal matters or matters that have a legal application. This person had to get certified to be a Forensic Scientist. So that person knows good and well the information they are required to give to the prosecutor who is then required to give it to the defense. That Forensic Scientist knows good and well those 150 pages of notes and the photographs are discoverable, yet this person waits until they are on the stand to tell anybody they exist? The prosecutor rightly took part of the blame for not asking the Scientist about any materials he may not have received, but he should not have had to ask. The Scientist should have already handed them over, or in her report she should have described what other documents she had to everybody would have known about it in advance.

• General Fadi BasemApril 10, 2014 - 6:52 pm

Go ahead and post your address and I'll send you some samples to test, you sound like an expert in this area.

• MDSApril 10, 2014 - 8:09 pm

General, yes I am an expert in this type of issue, but no I am not a Forensic Scientist.

• overIt!April 11, 2014 - 12:28 am

General Fadi, you never have anything to offer accept your smart alec comments. No real, thoughtful analysis, just nonsense. So, I have a recommendation from the 80's: Beat it!

• Come on, now....April 10, 2014 - 7:35 pm

That is nonsense. If that was true, that would have been the DA's response. Instead, the DA could find no good reason about why discovery was not provided. He just gulped and said he had "a lot going on." Well, son... If your personal life is getting in the way of your cases, perhaps someone else should be trying homicides! ;)

• MDSApril 10, 2014 - 8:13 pm

The DDA took the professional approach and took the blame and told the judge he had no excuse, rather than blame the witness. Ultimately it is the DA's responsibility to make sure all his expert witnesses are competent and do what they are supposed to do. What I'm telling you is the real truth. I would have like to have heard the words between the DDA and the expert after they got out of public earshot. You can bet he let her have it then versus in public.

• The MisterApril 10, 2014 - 7:54 pm

@ General Fadi Basem; you said "The entire process is starting to smell really bad." That, sir, is the key... the entire process. Is it du Bain's job to make copies all day to send to the Defense... or is that the job of others within the DA's office? My take is that du Bain didn't know what's going on because it wasn't his job to do that. Yes, he's "responsible"... he's responsible for hiring and training his people to do the business of the DA's office. This smells more like a Palace Coup... where his people were purposefully screwing up to 1) make du Bain look like a failure, and 2) to make Abrams look better than du Bain, and 3) to create the perceived focal point of failure and corruption within County government solely that of du Bain. Who benefits? Abrams does because her political opponent just got humiliated on the public stage... and so does Sheriff Ferrara because the failure and corruption of the "Coroner Scandal" can now be shifted away from Ferrara and on to du Bain. Don't get me wrong... du Bain is a failure and perhaps corrupt... and not smart enough to thwart a Palace Coup supported (and perhaps orchestrated) by Sheriff Ferrara.

• MDSApril 10, 2014 - 8:18 pm

Holy cow Mister, just how wacky will your conspiracy theories get??? Now you think a Deputy DA would try and screw up a murder case on purpose for the sole purpose of making his boss look bad to help a political opponent? You realize the ramifications to that DDA if he really did that? Jail time, loss of bar card, loss of career, loss of everything! Not to mention he made himself look really bad. You really think a DDA would take all that risk and do that on purpose just for politics? Don't answer, I know you're wacky enough to say yes. This latest wacky conspiracy theory of yours does top your other wacky theories. I just can't wait to see what's next.

• The MisterApril 11, 2014 - 7:45 am

Holy Cow, MDS!! Do you realize what happens when a State Senator runs illegal guns for illegal street gangs? Oh it must just be terrible... no State Senator would ever do that! Political aspiration and power is quite the aphrodisiac... even at the local levels of DA, Sheriff, County Supervisor, etc.

• MDSApril 11, 2014 - 10:21 am

Call the whacky police, The Mister has gone over the deep end! The State Senator is a politician who did that to line his own pockets. That was his motive. You're claiming a Deputy DA is ricking going to jail simply to make a minor political statement in a campaign. Yes, that is whacky as they come. If this DDA is purposely trying to throw a murder case as you claim, then that makes him an Accessory to Murder! That is one huge risk to take to attempt to score political points? And I don't even understand how you think that really scores that many political points. Better add another layer of tin foil, I think the government lasers are getting through to your brain.

• The MisterApril 11, 2014 - 10:33 am

Call the whacky police, MDS!!! Power and the quest for power makes people do some pretty stoopid things. One example is a former Vacaville police chief who went around shoplifting cigars. Yes he knew he would get caught... and he did get caught. Just something about power that makes people mental.

• MDSApril 11, 2014 - 10:43 am

If power makes people metal, you must have a lot of power. You are simply grasping at straws on this one. Just make sure you keep your identity well hidden and hope the Daily Republic never gives you up, because when you accuse a public employee of being an accessory to murder then you better have some decent evidence to support that allegation when they sue you for libel. And heck, you only libeled a lawyer, what do they know about lawsuits!

• The MisterApril 11, 2014 - 11:07 am

Ha ha, MDS... you are a hoot! That's what you are! But seriously; is that what it's called when someone on the DA's staff, or the Sheriff's staff, screws up... "accessory to murder"? Judge Dan Healy has very clearly stated that DA and Sheriff/Coroner's offices are "failures"... sounds like Healy is saying people in these offices have screwed up. According to you, MDS (which stands for what... Mighty Deputy Sheriff?) these people are accessories to murder. If you are/were a deputy sheriff, is that how you charged people... with whatever you felt like just to make yourself feel all big and powerful? If I had to suppose based on what's been in the media, it seems that some charge of impeding justice, misrepresentation, failure to comply with directives, fraud, etc., would be appropriate. You probably know a lot more about those kinds of activities than I do.

• MDSApril 11, 2014 - 11:43 am

Mister, I have a serious question for you. Are you retarded or have been diagnosed with some type of mental illness? That would explain some of this. If you are and I'll quit arguing with you and let you have your way. But just in case you aren't retarded let me remind you of what you wrote. You wrote, "This smells more like a Palace Coup... where his people were purposefully screwing up ..." You are saying this Deputy DA is "purposefully" screwing up a homicide case for political reasons. You said it, not me. You are making the claim the DDA is throwing this case for political reasons. So let me show you the law, "Every person who, after a felony has been committed, harbors, conceals or aids a principal in such felony, with the intent that said principal may avoid or escape from arrest, trial, conviction or punishment, having knowledge that said principal has committed such felony or has been charged with such felony or convicted thereof, is an accessory to such felony." So your allegation that District Attorney employees are purposely throwing a homicide case would mean they are aiding a person in getting away with murder. Section 32 of the California Penal Code calls that a felony. Now let me show you section 45 of the California Civil Code, "45. Libel is a false and unprivileged publication by writing, printing, picture, effigy, or other fixed representation to the eye, which exposes any person to hatred, contempt, ridicule, or obloquy, or which causes him to be shunned or avoided, or which has a tendency to injure him in his occupation." Are you getting the point now? So keep up the libeling of people and maybe one of these days you'll get lucky and libel somebody who wants to sue you. Then you will get the honor of taking the stand in a Superior Court and explaining the facts behind your statements and why you publically accused a person of committing a felony. As long as you have the evidence you'll do just fine. You do have actual evidence right?

• The MisterApril 11, 2014 - 12:21 pm

MDS, sounds like you do know a lot about the law... did you get that at the academy when you trained to be a deputy sheriff? MDS, are you telling me that when someone questions or comments on a political candidate regarding their actions, inactions, results of their leadership as evidenced by the people in their organizations, motivations, political connections... that that is libel in Solano County? Is that part of the Incumbent Protection Program code? Sounds very much like you are shilling for the Incumbent Protection Program... what a great asset you are to the current DA and incumbent Sheriff Ferrara. If you are still a Deputy Sheriff, will you come an arrest me for engaging in political discourse? Are you going to get physical on me and tell me to shut the "F" up and comply with your demands? Is that the kind of direction Sheriff Ferrara or Sheriff Stanton gave you? Crush all descent... comply, comply, comply! I've got to tell you, MDS, it is way past time for a change in Solano County. Let's start with voting out fraud and corruption. Let's demand and help our new sheriff and DA investigate and prosecute every little bit of corruption in the DA's Office, in the Sheriff's Office, and in every other corner of Solano County Government. Now, MDS, let's hear you stand up for and defend corruption and failures of office within Solano County. Come on; "I support corruption and failures of office because... "

• MDSApril 11, 2014 - 12:27 pm

So it's obvious that the answer to my question is yes, you are retarded. If you can't understand the simple way I tried to explain the law to you, you are beyond help. And if it isn't obvious that I spent many years in law enforcement, then that is more evidence you have a mental deficiency. And no I am not, nor was I ever, a deputy sheriff, but so what if I was? Doesn't change your libelous statements.

• Correction....April 11, 2014 - 1:10 pm

I see what was typed, is quote "where his people were purposefully screwing up to" not any specific language relating specifically to any one DDA ... another example of someone falsely framing a "conversation".... putting words in someone's mouth that they did not say... but more than likely it is institutionalized incompetence and disregard for strickly following the rules on the part of the staff? It does appear that something is wrong with the woman who probably choked case.... I have had rough times in my own life and once could have died the same way, but one of my coworkers came in to take advantage of my poor judgement in drowning my sorrows and if he had not been bad, I would most likely be dead, so I know from past experience that it does happen. People always try to be your own Best Friend... ask yourself if I had a best friend what would they tell me... Do not be your own worst enemy, take care of yourself, no one else will. Thanks Kelvin, I shared this due to your piece.

• Book SuggestionApril 11, 2014 - 1:30 pm

How To Be Your Own Best Friend by Mildred Newman & Bernard Berkowitz (1975) available on amazon for 1 cents plus shipping.

• BubbaApril 10, 2014 - 5:11 pm

Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to go.Its time for Du Bain to GO!!! DuhhBrainLESS

• OverIt!April 11, 2014 - 12:46 am

Bubba ba ba ba just beat it... Bubba ba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it Bubba ba ba ba just beat it. No, really, Beat it!

Solano focuses on rail safety

By Barry Eberling | From Page: A3

Police search for missing man

By Glen Faison | From Page: A4 | Gallery

Measure A committee plans weekend precinct walk

By Susan Winlow | From Page: A10

Voters who have moved urged to check registration

By Barry Eberling | From Page: A6

45 dogs dead, 48 alive after North Las Vegas fire

By The Associated Press | From Page: , 1 Comment

Police link 2nd case to missing Va. student arrest

Netanyahu: Hamas, Islamic State group share creed

Cancer doctor given 10 years for poisoning lover

By The Associated Press | From Page: | Gallery

Afghan president sworn in, paving way for US pact

Police ease tactics in Hong Kong protest standoff

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Study: Recessions can postpone motherhood forever

By The Associated Press | From Page: | Gallery

White House intruder got far past front door

By The Associated Press | From Page: , 1 Comment

Obama efforts to oust Assad pushed to back burner

Islamic State closes in on Kurdish area of Syria

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Sacramento police seek suspect in dog’s drowning

Shooing birds from Bay Bridge could cost millions

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Governor signs bills to help those in foster care

Mountain View police ID gas victims as father, son

Editorial cartoons for Sept. 30, 2014

By Daily Republic Syndicated Content | From Page:

Today in History: Sept. 30, 2014

By The Associated Press | From Page:

I’m unhappy with Phil and playing ‘happy family.’ What should I do?

By Kathy Mitchell and Marcy Sugar | From Page:

Community Calendar: Sept. 30, 2014

By Susan Hiland | From Page:

Horoscopes: Sept. 30, 2014

By Holiday Mathis | From Page: B7

Amanda Bynes arrested for DUI in Los Angeles

By The Associated Press | From Page: , 2 Comments | Gallery

They did. They do. Clooney/Alamuddin wedding No. 2

By The Associated Press | From Page: | Gallery

Football commands highest TV ad prices

TVGrid Sept 30

Developer asks for more time for LA football plan

Monday’s sports transactions

Raiders fire coach Dennis Allen

Prep boys soccer: VCS still looking for 1st win of season

By Daily Republic staff | From Page:

Charles sends Chiefs to 41-14 rout of Patriots

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Clippers return focus to team post-Sterling

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Giants have ample experience facing elimination

Dover installs catch fence for 2015 NASCAR season

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Warriors happy to have core back, build on success

By The Associated Press | From Page: | Gallery

All-women sports show debuts with perfect timing

Autopsy shows Chiefs LB Belcher had CTE damage

AJ Hinch hired to manage Astros

By The Associated Press | From Page: | Gallery

Phil Mickelson saves best shot for his captain

MLB batting average lowest since 1972 – before DH

Wild, wild SEC West set for historic day

Kershaw 1st to lead majors in ERA 4 straight years

AP source: 7 umpires rotate at World Series

Pagenaud joins Penske for 2015 IndyCar season

Texas’ Strong tells Goodell colleges can do better

Hornets await NBA investigation into Taylor

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Trout, Strasburg giving playoffs a fresh look

NC State coach: No. 1 Florida State faked injuries

A’s Lester, Royals’ Shields in AL wild-card focus

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Raiders’ season spinning out of control

Harbaugh dismisses reports of 49ers discord

3-way race for NL MVP; Trout takes his turn in AL

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Stewart never considered retiring after Ward death

Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire after 13 seasons

Bank of America paying $7.65M to resolve inquiry

By The Associated Press | From Page:

Microsoft to offer early look at next Windows

By The Associated Press | From Page: | Gallery

US stocks head lower, following drops overseas

US consumer spending up 0.5 percent in August

By The Associated Press | From Page: | Gallery

ATM fees keep climbing, survey says

Beetle Bailey Sept 30

Discover Solano Fall 2014: Benicia Marina

By Susan Hiland | From Page: DIS32

Discover Solano Fall 2014: Dixon

By Barry Eberling | From Page: DIS33

Discover Solano Fall 2014: Fairfield

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: DIS35

Discover Solano Fall 2014: Jelly Belly Candy Co.

By Susan Hiland | From Page: DIS36