Monday, December 22, 2014

Police arrest Fairfield man suspected in jogger attacks

From page A4 | July 25, 2014 |

Andrew Gates

Andrew Gates

FAIRFIELD — Police caught a 23-year-old Fairfield man Wednesday night on suspicion of attempted robbery and felony sexual battery after two incidents that involved female joggers.

Andrew Gates was arrested at the Alamo Plaza In-Shape in Vacaville after the Fairfield Police Department General Investigations Unit identified him as the suspect in a June 27 incident in a Rolling Hills neighborhood and a July 19 attack in the area of Paradise Valley Road and Couples Circle.

A 45-year-old woman was jogging the morning of June 27 in the Rolling Hills neighborhood when she noticed a vehicle following her. A short time later, a suspect came out of some bushes and tried to block the victim’s path, police said. The victim fled from the suspect and the suspect drove away from the area, police said.

A 36-year-old woman jogging July 19 around Paradise Valley Road was approached by a suspect who attacked her, forced her to the ground, punched her and attempted to rob her of an iPod, police said. The suspect committed a sexual battery on the victim and then fled the area.

The Fairfield Police Department General Investigations Unit executed a search warrant at Gates’ residence, located on the 2900 block of Sage Court in Fairfield.

Gates was booked into Solano County jail.

Anyone with information concerning the incidents is asked to call the Fairfield Police Department Major Crimes Unit at 428-7600, the 24-hour tip line at 428-7345 or Crime Stoppers at 644-7867. Callers may remain anonymous.

Reach Ryan McCarthy at 427-6935 or rmccarthy@dailyrepublic.net.

• LalalaJuly 24, 2014 - 9:07 pm

Ewwww creeper! A lot of us went to high school with him and parties, seemed pretty normal but I guess everyone has their demons. Hope he goes away for a while, we don't need anymore sickos like that in our city!!

• Don JamesJuly 25, 2014 - 12:50 am

innocent until proven guilty hun

• FriendJuly 25, 2014 - 12:51 am

Don, exactly.

• Don JamesJuly 25, 2014 - 12:51 am

also, innocent until proven guilty.

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 6:31 am

You must be the punk's buddy huh, D_ckWad???? From what I already read, he ought to be strung up. Vigilantes needed NOW!!!!!!. Has the revolving door of our court system let this punk out yet???

• Don JamesJuly 25, 2014 - 10:33 am

next time before your fingers touch your keys on your keyboard think before you begin to type, fool.

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 6:38 am

Dang it now I have to take my D_ckWad comment back, after reading some of the comments from people that know, knew him. If he did this, I surely hope that the FPD has solid evidence against him, proving that he is 100% the right guy. Did any of the victims get a license plate # of his car, any DNA evidence, both victims eye witnessed him, etc.???? If so that will be solid enough for me to GET A ROPE!!!!!!!

• victimJuly 25, 2014 - 1:00 am

His friends can stick up for him all they want but I personally know this guy and I KNOW he should be locked up for sexual assult.

• FriendJuly 25, 2014 - 1:05 am

And if you know him personally, then you should know he would never harm a woman.

• mikhailJuly 25, 2014 - 1:23 am

Exactly, if anyone knows Andrew personally they would know he would never put his hands on a women. He is brought up way better then that. He has too much of a kind heart to ever make anyone go through any Harm. Please watch what you say when you don't know him, all his family is trying to deal with this and you are just hurting them in the process.

• victimJuly 25, 2014 - 1:28 am

I feel for his family I do. But you two should be taking your own advice and be thinking of the victims and their family! I understand he maybe a great friend/son whatever but that doesn't mean he is innocent. And joke about me being a victim but I am, and I am greatly frustrated and hurt that rather than him being punished for his crime he was out attacking others.

• FriendJuly 25, 2014 - 1:35 am

No one was joking about you being a victim. Sorry for your pain and everything you and your loved ones are going threw. But if i were a victim i damn surely wouldnt be worried about how his friends feel about the situation. Regardless of how all of us feel, you are a victim of a crime. Whoever the attacker is, should be punished but all we are saying is, until he is PROVEN guilty people need to keep their negativity about him to themselves. My apologies if you thought i was joking about it, but like everyone said. Innocent until proven guilty.

• Time always uncovers the truthJuly 25, 2014 - 1:43 am

Didn't they say the same thing about Ted Bundy? It's unfortunate and quite common for friends and family to be deceived by the suspects living a double life. I've always felt the cops are way smarter than the criminal. So if you are on their radar.....well it doesn't look great. There's a reason for sure. And that whole guilty until proven guilty. I agree. But none of us really practice that. Only when it's our loved ones in trouble. Just because he's a 'nice guy' to HIS friends does NOT mean he might not have some terrible thoughts. Cops will find out how weird he really is just by that raid. That computer will tell A LOT! And friends of the suspect I hope you have money and time because he will now need both those things from you.

• mikhailJuly 25, 2014 - 2:50 am

How dare you even accuse him of doing anything to little children? Do you know this man? Have you ever met him? Have you ever exchanged any words with Andrew? How are we making him look more guilty? Because we know 100% in our hearts that he would never do such a thing? First of all. Andrew Has been working at this child care for almost 2 years. The children love him, the parents respect him, and he is very good at teaching children right from wrong. If he had a child of his own, he would be an incredible father . He has never laid a finger on a women or was ever closer to committing any type of crime against anyone. He would protect and die for the people he holds dear to him and no matter what anyone says this type of crime is 100% not him. This type of crime is a type where If he seen it being committed he would do everything in his power to stop it.I am extremely sorry for the victim and I hope you truly do get the justice you deserve, but could it be possible that you got the wrong guy? Also the police raid found absolutely no evidence tying him to this crime. He is innocent, and I wish people would stop badgering this poor guys name. His family is devastated and you are all making it worse. Imagine once they prove he is innocent? What type of life do you think he will live after all these terrible things are said about him? What kind of job do you think he will be able to find after all of this media that wrongly accused a harmless boy? You should all be ashamed of yourselves for saying hateful things before he even had his court date. Innocent until proven guilty. Just hold on Andrew, we will all see you soon, free and innocent!

• victimJuly 25, 2014 - 7:35 am

In shape had been doing an investigation on Andrew for something that occurred through his workplace and a child. Did you know that? Doesn't sounds like it but it is 100% true.

• SisterJuly 25, 2014 - 9:35 am

I'm sorry umm "victim" did you also know that he was falsely accused by a mother who assumed Andrew did it just because he was a guy . Did you also know that the mother APOLOGIZED for FALSELY accusing him of those accusations? Right I didn't think so , get your facts straight..

• Don JamesJuly 25, 2014 - 10:39 am

^ let em know

• victimJuly 25, 2014 - 10:40 am

I AM that mother. I NEVER assumed anything, my daughter told me and I stood up for her! I am extremely sorry your family is going through this but my child was robbed of her innocence by Andrew.

• SisterJuly 25, 2014 - 10:45 am

If you truly believe he did that why is that you apologized to him for it and also told another employee of Andrews that you "assumed" it was him

• victimJuly 25, 2014 - 10:58 am

I never told anyone I assumed it was him, my child gave me his direct name. I never apologized I simply told him I don't want this to be uncomfortable for anyone since it's his workplace...wth would i apologize for. The fact that 2 people who never knew him could identify him as their attacker should also show you he is guilty. One situation okay maybe their was some confusion but atleast 3 people who never knew about one another accused him of the SAME thing....guilty.

• Don JamesJuly 25, 2014 - 11:07 am

wow!! you're so smart, like, you should be a prosecutor!!!! omg !!! xd

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 11:51 am

OMG, You ought to be his defense attorney, like most of the bums that try to get guilty perps released back onto the street.. He apparently must have had the two female victims that ID'd him, and who knows, maybe even had his vehicle plates ID'd. Yet you just want to still defend him, "INNOCENT TILL PROVEN GUILTY." Heck how do we know the name you're using here is YOUR name??? Hardly no one uses names in a grp. discussion, initials, NICS, but no real names, unless you're stupid.

• CD BrooksJuly 25, 2014 - 11:59 am

JazzAzz, whoa on the "stupid" thing my friend! :)

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 2:03 pm

LOL CD, he wants to get HOT, so can I :-)

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 2:07 pm

P.S. Been called a FOOL, and Child, which that ain't so bad being a 65 yr. old Child>>LOL. I'd go back to being that young again CD :-)

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 2:09 pm

Yeah, I didn't think anyone in here would use their real names, just a NIC or initials. No one is discussion grps does.

• LouJuly 25, 2014 - 12:14 pm

Jazz, his real name is James Ammerman or something lol

• victimJuly 26, 2014 - 4:24 pm

I am following every legal action I can with our case. I have never been in a stuation like this before so perhaps I'm not handling it as well as I should. Some of you seem to think I am falsely accusing him because of my actions after the fact, that is fine, I am not perfect and not everyone will fully agree with my choices. That's life, someone will always disagree with you. I however stopped bring my children in for roughly 2 1/2 months because of the situation with Andrew. Yes I did have a conversation with him later on because he was still employed in the children's department and nothing was being done at the time about our case. As far as my understanding he has only watched my children once since all of this has occurred and I was unaware he was working until I was picking them up. I will not mention our names to proof we are real for my daughters sake. However if you know who I am I will gladly answer any questions you may have about my actions and what occurred in our case in person. Lastly Cori has nothing to do with our case at all. Why would I put my child through uncomfortable exams and conversations to harm an innocent person? Let alone to do it for Cori....how would that benefit her? Once again I am sorry for all parties involved I don't imagine this is easy on anyone.

• LisaLoveJuly 25, 2014 - 12:03 pm

I can only imagine how your heart feels after seeing this.. I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you and your daughter. XOXO.

• SisterJuly 25, 2014 - 12:26 pm

Well sorry to say but my brother said you apologized and so did a few co workers over heard that. He also said you continue to bring your child to where he works. If he stole your daughters innocence why would you subject her to be around him , that just doesn't seem to make any sense.

• justmeJuly 25, 2014 - 3:42 pm

Soooo him being "falsey accused" is a common thing for him? That is weird...he must just be really unlucky.

• justmeJuly 25, 2014 - 3:54 pm

I can tell all of you, that if the police apprehended this man, went out of their way to go get him AT WORK, then they have enough evidence to put him away. They would not do that if they were not confident in that. I work out at that gym and that is scary to me that there was a predator working near my home. Being an assault victim myself, it makes me very happy to see someone like this get caught. Of course we will see if it stands up in court, will probably all depend on how good of a lawyer he gets. I never reported my assault, even though I personally know the person that did it. You know why?? Because everyone thinks he is soooo nice and would NEVER do such a thing. Yea he puts on a good show, but I was not prepared to fight the "my word against his" battle. I can only hope that his karma comes some other way....So good for these women who will get some kind of closure in their case. A lot of us don't ever get that...

• Christine in FFJuly 25, 2014 - 8:04 am

You know in your hearts he is innocent? That's why you're supposed to think with your brain, not your heart! The heart will be deceived and manipulated, the brain is more logical.

• AnonymousSeptember 10, 2014 - 2:16 pm

Omg I was SICK when this popped up in the news. my daughter went to in shape child care and one day we walked in and Andrew was at the front desk my daughter grabbed me and was deathly afraid of this man she froze and just cried I could not leave her there she just kept telling me mommy this man scares me. That was the last day she ever went there. I will be further investigating this and I will find out why my daughter was so terrified of this man. How could any of you that claims your this mans friend even defend him!? Knowing that kids are afraid of him and what he's being accused of. He's not innocent and the truth will come out.

• mis·com·mu·ni·ca·tionJuly 28, 2014 - 11:20 pm

You are sitting behind the computer judging that every friend he has is "stupid". I for one am not stupid. I have a career, a family with two beautiful children, I am very presentable, proper and respectful. Andrew is not what this article is making him out to be. He might not have what you consider the "best" group of friends, but the reason his friends are here saying what they are saying is because they feel in their heart (just like I feel in mine) that he would never sexually assault a woman.

• IanSeptember 09, 2014 - 2:57 pm

How about you all have a tall glass of shut the f**k up. You don't know sh*t. Your keyboard warrior's who are under the false impression people give a damn about your opinions and feelings. Most of you have the education of a 12th grader, which doesnt amount to squat.

• CD BrooksSeptember 09, 2014 - 3:50 pm

Ian, my PHD in Street Science AND my measly 12th grade education has served me quite well...I'm waiting for the outcome here, could take awhile.

• Friend.July 25, 2014 - 1:11 pm

'victim' I think it's just really funny how you apologized to him for falsely accusing him, also telling him that you didn't want it to be uncomfortable and offering to go to another daycare but then continuing to bring your daughter to the daycare where he works. if you really think he did that why would you continue to bring your daughter to his daycare. sketchy. you sound like a wonderful, educated mother. innocent until proven guilty. all the people who truly know him, know him. it's only the people who have never met him that are throwing negative comments out there. i've known him for some time and i have also worked with him and I know first hand that he's innocent. we're here for you Andrew.

• mikhailJuly 25, 2014 - 1:01 am

I've been best friends with this guy for 10 years, he has never shown any disrespect to any women in his life. He is a very caring person, for Christ sakes he works in a daycare full of kids. I've never seen him show aggression towards any women. He doesn't do drugs he rarely drinks and he just goes about his day like a normal person. For all you calling him out about what he did, slow your roll and wait until the court date, I can guarantee you he didnt do a thing wrong. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for talking the trash you are saying about him when you grew up with this guy

• Skeptic ScroogeJuly 25, 2014 - 2:38 am

How dare tell a victim to shut up! That shows disrespect to women, as all his victims were female, must have come straight from the horses mouth. I would also like to know more about his employment.

• mikhailJuly 25, 2014 - 2:55 am

And once again you say "his victims". Innocent until proven otherwise. The media is so outrageous and blows everything out of context. You don't know this man and have absolutely no clue where he stands. Don't believe everything you read and see on the news, it will only make you look naive and make you regret the things you have said after someone is proven innocent.

• 2realJuly 25, 2014 - 5:56 am

Sorry but he just looks guilty ;)

• LisaJuly 25, 2014 - 6:55 am

He works with kids :O !!!!!!!!

• CreepyJuly 25, 2014 - 7:42 am

This man worked with children?!? DR would to you be able to find out and post which daycare?!?..I think that's really disturbing a person like this would work with kids. Parents read this paper, I would pull my child out of that daycare!. I feel sorry for his friends who's natural instinct is to defend him. I hate to tell you this youngsters but you don't truly know someone, it does not matter how long you knew him or how nice his family is. Clearly the police suspected him enough to arrest him!. If both women point him out, he most likely did it!. Hope he gets no bail, he sounds like a danger to society!.

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 7:53 am

I agree if BOTH victims ID'd him, unless he has a twin brother or a near double that has his same vehicle, IF HIS LICENSE plate was also ID's. If all this came together, GET A ROPE. Vigilantes needed NOW!!!!!!

• Don JamesJuly 25, 2014 - 10:41 am

you need a rope for all this BS coming out of your mouth

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 10:51 am

Another thing that would come out of my mouth, if the eyewitnesses IDs and ID of a license plate pans out, if I got on that jury is, GUILTY!!!!!!!! GET A ROPE!!!

• Don JamesJuly 25, 2014 - 10:55 am

yeah yeah yeah, hide behind the computer on a stupid anonymous name and talk lol. innocent until proven guilty and i'll make sure to leave you a rope for yourself, child

• No WonderJuly 25, 2014 - 9:08 am

Sounds like it was the inshape daycare..

• AndrewGatesPinAstarOnHimJuly 25, 2014 - 8:10 am

Every single time someone is arrested the lowest common denominator rush to their defense. Talking about how if you really knew them, you would want to erect a statue in their honor. Blah, blah, blah. Whe

• paqkleaderJuly 25, 2014 - 9:07 am

Looks like a creeper...if i saw him approaching me I would move to the other side of the street..truth is truth

• lisaJuly 25, 2014 - 10:57 am

One of my dear friends is a victim of your raping way's. you will get what's coming to you. And as far as your family, they really don't know who you are, but all of woman that you have attacked, have been waiting for this day. Signed I told my dear friend that this wasn't your first time, and that you would get caught. And you did.

• heshould be ashamedJuly 25, 2014 - 11:13 am

my girlfriend is a nice, honest, sweet person, who was a victim of this guy. His ways of attaching woman are all the same. he's been doing this for awhile, sorry your brother has been leading a double-life, but his rain of terror on the woman of Solano county has finally caught up to him. There are to many victims here, for this not to be true.

• Don JamesJuly 25, 2014 - 11:19 am

funny you're talking through an anonymous name. anyone can get on here and put ' victim' or 'hurt family member' and say whatever the hell they want. this is the internet, where you have a false sense of security and think you are safe behind your monitor screen saying stuff you would otherwise refrain from saying IRL ( In Real Life ) You guys can continue to say what you want, falsely accuse Gates of this, falsely accuse Gates of that, saying outrageous things and just simply slandering him as a human. Yes, he is my 'brother' but, practice what you guys preach. Innocent until proven guilty. No matter what you guys say that's that. TL;DR ( Too Long Didn't Read ) GO OUTSIDE AND GET OFF YOUR COMPUTER !

• AnonymousJuly 25, 2014 - 11:25 am

My mother is a victim and this boy you call your friend and family has caused so much pain for a single mother who lives alone with a small child. Robbed her for her belongings that she worked her ass off For. He is a monster and you will see me in court. DNA is proof.

• http://www.dailyrepublic.com/news/crimecourts/vacaville-police-seek-sexual-assault-suspect/July 25, 2014 - 11:37 am

Does anyone remember this story? Pretty sure the police are looking into this too. Is this close to in shape?

• tHAT might be himJuly 25, 2014 - 11:42 am

Fits the same general description, even though they said 18-20, this guy looks young. Sexual assault and robbery on a bike trail. Pretty sure the cops know this too.

• tHAT might be himJuly 25, 2014 - 11:55 am

Wow, the time frame fits too. He was active last month

• Friend.July 27, 2014 - 3:24 pm

that mugshot is years old. He doesn't even look like that anymore. he could easily be mistaken with any white man with colored eyes and brown hair, even though he doesn't have any hair any more. but the picture could compare to many.

• SisterJuly 25, 2014 - 12:11 pm

At his sister I will be by his side no matter what happens.

• DNA we all have itJuly 25, 2014 - 1:29 pm

all this bickering back and fourth, why? DNA doesn't lie, if he did this, you will all know very soon.

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 2:13 pm

And if he is found innocent, miss-identitied, I'll be the first in here to say congratulations and I'm glad it wasn't you. But if proven BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT, I want to see the denials also stop, and get him some help AFTER HE'S DONE HIS TIME!!!

• JazzAzzJuly 25, 2014 - 2:15 pm

TYPO ALERT, meant MISS-IDENTIFIED.

• in uteroJuly 25, 2014 - 3:29 pm

Public ignorance again. its sexual assault. Not rape. How could there be DNA? You can grope someone's breasts against their will and that is sexual assault and you most likely won't leave DNA. You can grab someone's buttocks and that would be sexual assault. Notice that it didn't call him the bikepath rapist.

• MoeJuly 25, 2014 - 5:27 pm

I've known Andrew for a long time, he is one of my sons best friends, as a mother, I NEVER noticed any aggression toward any person and he was around ALOT. He is innocent until proven guilty, a lot of people just want to see them lock him up and throw away the key without even hearing his side or any of the evidence. I honestly can say this has got to be a mistake, and with what I do know the kid is really getting slammed just because people want someone to be blamed. Lay off, he has a family going through a lot right now too. Let things play out before you judge him.

• Friend.July 25, 2014 - 6:56 pm

And also just so you all know . This picture of him is probably from like 5 years ago. Lets not judge him saying "if you saw him in the streets and you would walk the other way" off of the oldest picture they could use of him

• ALA AMSeptember 10, 2014 - 1:28 am

"That picture is at least 5 years old!" Which means he has already had trouble for something or another and he's already been arrested at least once...so maybe saying that was not so smart! You basically just told us that he has had some type of criminal charges on him before for something!

• Friend.July 25, 2014 - 7:03 pm

Just so we all know. The mother who falsely accused him as well as apologized for it still brought her children to the gym while he was working. Hmm doesnt seem like something a mother who believed it was true would do when there are 2 other inshape gyms in vacaville she could have brought them to. Pretty sure it had something to do with the ladies babysitter Corissa who got upset that she was fired from the kids care for being crazy and most likely made it up.. You people disgust me. If you sat in a room with that guy and just talked to him you would truly see how inspired he is to be successful and is focused on being the man alot of men will never be. He is the most caring and sweetest guy I have ever met and him being talked down on by a bunch of people who have never even held a conversation with him let alone know anything about him is ridiculous to me.

• Jose MadreJuly 25, 2014 - 7:18 pm

Just look at him. That's all I need to see. GUILTY. I hope I get picked to be on the jury. Nice throwing out all this other personal stuff out there. I'm guessing a search warrant on his computers will show some pretty demented stuff. Then will you stand by him? How about when a jury of his peers convicts him? Will you still blindly follow and say, "but you all just got it wrong!" Open your eyes.....he is guilty as they come.

• Friend.July 25, 2014 - 7:25 pm

wtf does a search warrant on his computers have to do with anything? You sound stupid. Yes I will throw personal stuff out there because I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY and he has never disrespected any woman, he was raised better than that and has protected woman many times in front of me. say what you want thats your opinion . youre going off of a 5 year old picture, didnt you know police find the most terrible picture of someone they can so it looks more believable? and for your info YES i will still stick by him because I dont need to go along with all the negative everyone else is saying. I had a friend go through this same thing before and he was innocent but all the dumb people who didnt know him were on here saying the same thing about him. You all just need to learn to keep your mouth shut until you know him personally. so since i DO i will have my opinion that he DIDNT do it, just like you DONT know him and you have your opinion that he did.

• antiBOB,jazzAZZand anythingelseshecallsitselfJuly 25, 2014 - 8:06 pm

Apparently you critters that state your prejudice and want to be on the jury obviously do not give a damn how a jury is to function. You will have to perjure yourselves, thus becoming criminals yourselves, however, this is to the liking of the crooked deputy d.a..The whole thing is sickening.

• mikhailJuly 25, 2014 - 7:27 pm

Everyone please stop bashing on this guy. No one truly knows what happened, me being one of his bestfriends I will stick through this with him. I know he is innocent, but regardless of knowing or not everyone here bashing his name is going to ruin his life. Once this case is done and he is free to go he will have such a hard time finding a job or doing anything normal in life because of the things people are saying here. Think about what your actions cause, because for all you know you are destroying an innocents mans life. Please everyone stop the bickering and let's leave it to the law to do what is right and prove what really happened.

• Jose MadreJuly 25, 2014 - 11:14 pm

Hey "Friend" you ign 0rant donkey....I asked if you would still proclaim his innocence when he is FOUND GUILTY? Since you plan to be in court, and see all the evidence they show, the same evidence the jury will hear to come to the guilty verdict, will you still bury your head in the sand and be there? Probably, you weak minded fool.

• friendJuly 25, 2014 - 11:18 pm

Oh yes . I'm so weak minded . Just like you worried about someone and bashing them when you have no idea who they are . Thanks for your opinion but I'm entitled to mine so worry about what you feel on the situation and quit talking to me about how I feel about it . Thanks "jose"

• Jose MadreJuly 26, 2014 - 12:06 am

Yep, ooohhhhh....u got me. I actually just laughed picturing myself pulling the strings and watching you jump for my own enjoyment. Pathetic simpleton. Have fun putting money on your buddy's books so he can try and pay off the "hole pirates". hahahaha

• Friend.July 26, 2014 - 12:09 am

I don't have Time for dumb people like you . Go be childish somewhere else.

• tHAT might be himJuly 26, 2014 - 2:45 am

as much as this guy had been talked up about being a good guy and nice towards women...Does he have a GF or someone who he's putting his sock in on the regular or are you supporters more of the family and friend type? As much as his friends have bashed an alleged victim, does it not concern you that the police have brought two , two , TWO charges in two separate incidents , from two different strangers? Not tooo mention the case from vaca i found on here from a month ago that he fits the description of, during the same time span? Your brother, friend, best friend for ten years, needs some serious help. He's bashing women upon the head on bike trails late at night for sexual pleasure and/or money from robbing them. I know its hard to accept, and that you don't want to see evil for what it really is but at some point, you're going to have to see that there is a reason why he is behind bars, and its not a big conspiracy theory against your friend, brother or whoever. Its a case brought against him with evidence and witness statements that made the police come looking for your innocent one.

• TwoCentsJuly 26, 2014 - 6:55 pm

Of course his sister would come here and talk about what a pervert he is not. Andrew didn't molest his sister @ In Shape of Vacaville. Andrew Gates didn't stalk, rob & molest his sister on the jogging trails. That's nice you want to stand by your brother. Knock yourself out. The simple fact you think you'd know he was a pervert is disturbing. Everyone knows perverts are "nice." How else would they get to their victims? Ted Bundy was nice. But like I said, keep it up. You're really changing minds here. @@ THE CHANCES OF AN INNOCENT MAN BEING IDENTIFIED THREE TIMES??! You'd have a better shot of winning the lottery three times. ANDREW gates is a sexual deviant. Hopefully a bigger, stronger sexual deviant will show him what it feels like in jail. He deserves it. Id also sue In Shape. Its negligent to employ a man named as the one who sexually attacked a child. In Shape also doesn't clean their pools or their equipment. One lady sued the one in FF ove the pool. It nearly killed her, the bacteria & fungus. She was hospitalized over it. If you join In Shape, you're risking your life in more ways than one. And if my child was molested at a gym, I would NEVER set foot in that gym again. I am sorry about your daughter, but I am even more sorry you're her mother. How many men have access to her that you put her BACK in the man who assaulted hers reach??????

• Friend.July 26, 2014 - 7:04 pm

I'm done going back and forth with you ign orant people . Grow Up . God has a plan and in the end everyone who knows him knows the real him . Not the one you judgemental people think you know . He has enough people by his side to get him through it . Leave your negativity to yourself

• James AmmermanJuly 26, 2014 - 10:49 pm

Lou, how did I get brought into this? I haven't comented in any of these. But, I will now. First off its everyone's first thing when they see someone get caught up like this is to think negative, that's why the world is the way it is. It's full of negativity. And always will be I don't blame anyone for bashing on him but something's are harsh and if it wasn't my friend. I'm sure i would be doing the same thing as well. This is James Ammerman I'll use my real name cause I'm not scared I will back Andrew up every step of the way no matter the outcome. To the family who this happened to should really take into concideration that if they're lying about this it is truly messed up. You will ruin his life forever. Whatever sentence he gets will be on your concience. Can you live with that? I sure the hell couldn't. But seriously please rethink your statement if not then you must live with that. I love Andrew he is my best friend and always will be no matter what happens. I'm sorry for the family's mother/daughter/granddaughter/niece. What ever the case may be. I'm truly sorry. And I hope it never happens again. Please rethink this and think about what you're doing if he is found guilty. Thank You James Ammerman

• boomJuly 27, 2014 - 8:58 pm

I don't usually go to court just to watch anymore. I think I will make an exception for this case though. I'm going to attend the preliminary hearing where the police take the stand, witnesses are sometimes called and physical evidence is presented. I'm going to sit in the back row of the courtroom and listen. I will admit I am biased. I am going to listen to all of the evidence the prosecution presents and determine for myself whether this guy did it or not. The judge will rule if the case meets the burden of proof and if it does then the case moves forward. My main interest in even going to this courthouse is to watch all of his friends in the courtroom. I can't wait to see the look of total disbelief when the evidence is stacked up against their friend. I want to see the look on each of your faces when the moment comes that you realize in your head that you must reevaluate everything you ever knew about this dude. My second objective is to come home, wait for the article in the paper and see if any of you continue with your dogged denial of the facts at hand. My guess is that only "sister" will show back up on this forum and try to defend her brother. Accepting responsibility is a big part of being an adult. Its time for all of you young adults to wake up and smell the coffee. Pretty sure his lawyer already gave him a copy of the police reports, why don't you ask brother for a copy to peruse for yourself and see if you still feel he is being framed. My money is on he will give you a lame story about why he can't get it to you because he knows exactly what's in it.

• MoeJuly 27, 2014 - 9:17 pm

Boom, no matter what happens to Andrew his friends will stand by his side. They will walk him through whatever way it goes, and I stand behind his friends no matter what. I've watched a lot of shows where the police have tunnel vision, and an innocent person takes the fall because initially it' looks good, but more digging leads to a mistake, Not always, to be fair, however I wish to see people wait for the facts and not slam someone as harshly as I've been reading, he is a person too and It just might turn out that he is a victim as well... it's not anybody's right to judge. His friends have just as much right to comment, as the people who feel they were violated, or angry..

• SisterJuly 27, 2014 - 9:20 pm

If I asked for it I'm sure he would give it to me , but honestly I don't need to see a piece of paper to know what I know my brother is innocent and he is being framed . I and all of his friends will continue to believe he has never done such things to anyone regardless of the outcome of things are .. You're a pretty sick Human to want to watch someone's life being ruined because of a lie .

• Friend.July 27, 2014 - 9:55 pm

A part of growing up is also not enjoying to see other people being torn down about their friend or family so looks like you need some growing up "boom" . No matter what everyone knows his character and all this can't be true . Whether you believe it was him or not that's your opinion, but don't bash his friends or family for sticking up for him when you would probably do the same thing if this happened to someone you knew who was as sweet and caring as we all know Andrew is. Your negativity is disgusting and unnecessary. Let his family and friends be there for him without being as sholes about the situation. You people are judging him off of a picture from 8 years ago . He doesn't even look like that anymore and for everyone to be saying he looks like he's on this or that is ridiculous . Funny how everyone has such a negative opinion on him but they've never met him or held a conversation with him but someone who has talked to him once or twice will even tell you that it can't be him. You people are just sickening. Guilty or not I will STILL NEVER BELIEVE IT IS HIM .

• boomJuly 27, 2014 - 10:21 pm

How can you end your comment with "guilty or not I will still never believe its him" and then call "us people" "sickening". Look, I'm not here to bash anyone, I'm here to tell you I will be in the courtroom in the back at his preliminary hearing. When you look in the back row all the way on the left, see if you can see the big ex convict with all the tattooes, yes, I do look the part. Look me in my eyes like a Man(or Woman) after they get done reading all the evidence against him. I'm a convict, I don't like the police or courts or the justice system, but one thing the courts, police and justice system do agree with me is that Child Molesters, Arsonists and Rapists are the scum of the earth. I've been on trial, trust me, I know when the DA is concocting lies to make the truth fit. If the case sounds faulty, I'll be the first one to come here and say so. If it sounds plausible, and you still wanna disagree, maybe we can work a time out afterwards behind Joe's buffet or something to settle our differences? You're friend is behind bars on a sexual assault case because the police have evidence linking him to the crimes. Please, no need to respond, I'll just see you in court. PS I'll wear my #81 raiders jersey just so you don't end up trying to give some civilian the evil eye.

• Friend.July 27, 2014 - 10:28 pm

Yeah meet behind Joes buffet to settle your differences with a girl ? OK sounds like something an ex convict would say. Like I said I have my opinion and you have yours. So worry about yours and I'll worry about mine. Until then don't speak on someone you don't even know.

• boomJuly 27, 2014 - 10:32 pm

Also, let me make a comment on everyone saying his picture is 5 years old or 8 years old. You need to stop lying. If he had a drivers license(and maybe he doesn't that's why he's attacking women on bike) He would've changed his photo by now, being 23. Also, I guess I might state the obvious, but even if his photo doesn't resemble him now, you do realize that the police most likely have been doing surveillance on your boy for at least a week and have photographed him at work and leaving his house and all that jazz. Do you get that? Do you get that the police took CURRENT pictures of him and showed them to witnesses and was ID' off of those said pics? You need to open your eyes up. See ya in court ta-ta

• SisterJuly 27, 2014 - 10:36 pm

Actually he does have his license which he got at 18 which would make his license ohh umm 5 years old which would make the picture 5 years old . And where are you getting your story from now he wS attacking on a bike ?! Hmm interesting

• boomJuly 27, 2014 - 10:49 pm

Oh Sister Sister Sister. Do you read the newspaper or just make comments when your family is accused of a heinous sex crime. Strike that, heinous sex CRIMES. Read the link that's posted in the comments, oh wow, your brother fits the description of ANOTHER rape suspect? That happened in between his attacks on other woman, on a bike, that also coincides with the date of the first attack. That's where I get it from, from reading the paper and making the connections, something you should try once in awhile, like on this case, for instance. BTW his facebook pic looks comparable to the license picture, you wanna try a new tactic?Ask for the police report if you wanna really know your bro. You and your family should keep your heads down in shame.

• Friend.July 27, 2014 - 10:37 pm

That's right , you being an ex convict would know . How about you stay home since people who actually care about him want to go , not just some disgusting individual who gets pleasure out of seeing someone we all know is innocent get their life ripped out from underneath them .

• boomJuly 27, 2014 - 10:40 pm

Well, I got some homegirls who would love to meet you, we all play nice. Sounds like something an ex convict would say? I should hope so as I clearly stated in my comments that I am an ex con and guess what? Your friend is gonna be one too...if he makes it out in one piece. I know too many sexually deprived men in the pen that would love to stick their blend of boy butter in that precious little things sweet patootie:-)PS...We hope you're learning that defending your friends in the court of public opinion isn't going to work. PSS We really hope that by now you have learned that you are friends with a rapist, kinda stinks, doesn't it?

• mis·com·mu·ni·ca·tionJuly 28, 2014 - 5:34 pm

I hate reading all of your comments. First off, I believe there was NO sexual crime. I am a woman and if I was robbed I would be afraid of the criminal "attempting" to also sexually assault me. I strongly feel that the victims are UNSURE whether their attacker (who ever it may be) was actually trying to sexually assault them. As far as the "accusation" in his work place... he doesn't work alone.. and i am sure he is never alone with a child. And if his company truly believed that the "accusation" was true.. he would have been terminated. The mother who is coming here and saying her child was "robbed of her innocence" is simply taking one "accusation" and adding it here because she believes it proves her "accusation" or adds character evidence for this crime. I've known Andrew for over 9 years. He is one of the most kindest and selfless souls i have ever met. Whatever happened.. I know he would NEVER sexually assault anyone. As far as the robbery.. something happened that day and he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. None of us here see the full picture. And I strongly believe that no person should ever judge another.. because they have never walked in the other persons shoes. You should ALL try to be the BEST that you can be.. and spread LOVE not hate. Spread GOOD words, instead of the bad. Let judgement day come. Stop arguing and go find something positive and selfless to do. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekmMD8oYtJ0

• LilJuly 28, 2014 - 9:50 pm

Defend your friend as much as you want but don't start blaming the victims. To say that they wouldn't know if they were sexually assaulted or not is so beyond words. By shaming the victims, how are you "spreading good words". You throw the victims under the bus just so you can feel confident that your friend would never do this.

• mis·com·mu·ni·ca·tionJuly 28, 2014 - 10:23 pm

I simply said I believe that it didn't happen. I am not throwing anyone under the bus. But I do think that its really easy for all of us to go online and read a bunch of stuff that isn't even true or is made out to look like it is. There hasn't even been a trial and look at all the horrible things you are all saying? Saying that you hope he gets sent in jail and sexually assaulted by other inmates, etc. We are talking about a guy who stands up to a bully. Whatever happened... it didn't happen because he is sick, or twisted.

• LilJuly 28, 2014 - 10:48 pm

But you are throwing them under the bus. " I strongly feel that the victims are UNSURE whether their attacker (who ever it may be) was actually trying to sexually assault them." Your friend can't possible be guilty so they must be wrong about being sexually assaulted. Maybe your friend is guilty, maybe not. Let's leave it to the courts. But if a woman is sexually assaulted, the last thing she needs is somebody telling her she was just confused. And, for the record, I never said anything about your friend until you had to jump in and say he couldn't be guilty, the victim was confused about being sexually assaulted. To be honest, if this is how you view sexual assault victims, you are not a reliable character witness.

• mis·com·mu·ni·ca·tionJuly 28, 2014 - 11:25 pm

Lil, I am simply saying that IF he was involved in whatever happened.. HE IS NOT CAPABLE of sexual assault. AND I am pretty damn convinced that IF he is involved in ANY of this.. there is something more going on that we are not being told. None of this makes sense to me. But to see all of you get on here and write so many horrible things about how he needs to be a registered sex offender or needs to get sexually assaulted once he goes to jail.. IS NOT RIGHT.

• RichardSeptember 08, 2014 - 9:07 pm

Senseless comments although amusing really aren't really necessary ffpd vvpd and solano county sheriffs usually do a really good job on these types of crimes how would you feel if this was your daughter or wife or mother .these are all places my family frequents . Be thankful there are men and women who dedicate all the time and effort to resolve these types of acts . You people are missing the bigger picture next time it might be someone you care about . Food for thought .

• Start building a bridgeSeptember 09, 2014 - 12:10 am

Look. It's a bunch of chickens, clucking for eggs. How nice.

• RickyMcgeeSeptember 09, 2014 - 12:26 am

So is he guilty or not guilty ?

• judgmentSeptember 09, 2014 - 10:01 am

Smh white ppl

• D.ASeptember 09, 2014 - 10:04 am

Guilty until proven innocent

• Speaks The ObviousSeptember 09, 2014 - 10:32 am

Jeepers creepers!!! Straight up RAPIST! You people see this guys creepy ass FB? GUILTY!!!! What else is his family hiding? Think.... I bet it's creeping you out now, huh sis?

• Speaks The ObviousSeptember 09, 2014 - 10:48 am

Oh ya..... He still looks like that!

• Jenn911September 09, 2014 - 1:47 pm

He doesn't even look like the sketch ... Has anyone else noticed that ?

• ASYLUMSeptember 09, 2014 - 3:10 pm

He better be in solitary. Cause the other prisoners are going to have a field day with him guilty or not. They already made the decision as soon as he was accused.

• ASYLUMSeptember 09, 2014 - 3:47 pm

He will get what's coming to him if he did it. Either by the courts or his new boyfriend/cell mate. He is going to make a lot of new "friends" in prison.

• EmmarealistSeptember 09, 2014 - 6:53 pm

The ignorance in the room is awfully opinionated. Innocent until proven guilty is clearly a meaningless collection of letters to the majority. The pretty arguing, and shaming of this guy is atrocious.

Christmas comes early to San Marco Street park

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A1 | Gallery

Travis squadron delivers Christmas gifts to East Tabor

By Ryan McCarthy | From Page: A1 | Gallery

How this chunky Wade met Chunky Wade

By Tony Wade | From Page: A2

Lawyers off free legal advice in Fairfield

Multiple car accident blocks I-80 in Vacaville

By Glen Faison | From Page: A3, 2 Comments | Gallery

Famous Creations’ toy drive and cupcake sale

By Daily Republic staff | From Page: A4 | Gallery

Last-minute shopping at Vacaville Premium Outlets

By Daily Republic staff | From Page: A4 | Gallery

Kitchen fire dislocates family for Christmas

By Susan Hiland | From Page: A4, 1 Comment | Gallery

Suisun City police log: Dec. 20, 2014

Fairfield police log: Dec. 20, 2014

Weather for Dec. 22, 2014

By Daily Republic | From Page: B10

A look at the 2 NYC officers killed in ambush

What’s being said about killings of 2 NYC officers

By The Associated Press | From Page: A1, 1 Comment

Killer of 2 NYC officers had long criminal history

By The Associated Press | From Page: A1, 1 Comment

Killings of 2 New York officers trigger backlash

By The Associated Press | From Page: A1, 5 Comments

California puzzles over safety of driverless cars

Timeline of events before and after NY cop deaths

Pakistan makes arrests in Taliban school carnage

Florida authorities say 1 police officer shot and killed

Tent city sprouts in shadow of downtown Detroit

US mulls putting NKorea on terrorism sponsor list

Satanic Temple puts up display at Michigan Capitol

Australian woman charged with murder of 8 children

Exit poll: Ex-regime official is Tunisia’s new president

Faust and the 2015 federal budget

By Mike Kirchubel | From Page: A8

Obama, surgeon general still losing to NRA

By Francis Wilkinson | From Page: A8, 2 Comments

Good news from Tom Brokaw: His cancer is in remission

Review: ‘The Interview’ deserves to be seen

By Jake Coyle | From Page: B7

Happy day: Elton John, David Furnish marry in England

The Week Ahead: Not much of a break for Christmas

By Paul Farmer | From Page: B1

Steelers, Packers win, move into playoffs

Raiders knock Bills out of playoffs with 26-24 win

Kings snap 5-game losing skid, beat Lakers 108-101

Burns gives Sharks late-night win over Blues in OT

NFL Roundup: Cowboys end 4-year drought, make playoffs

7 hurt when lightning strikes near Tampa Bay game

India’s Arjun Atwal wins Dubai Open

Documents: FSU QB Winston cleared in conduct hearing

Super-G crash makes Vonn wait in bid for record

US companies eager to embrace Cuba face hurdles

Survey: US gas prices fall 25 cents per gallon