Late Sunday incident represents 7th weekend Vallejo shooting; 4 hurt
FAIRFIELD — Police continue their investigations into a shooting spree in Vallejo over the weekend that left four people injured.
Three shootings were reported Saturday. Four more were reported Sunday.
One person was shot in the leg Saturday while walking on the 2400 block of Sacramento Street. Police were notified of the shooting shortly after the victim came to Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center for treatment.
Saturday’s other shootings were reported:
- At 7:38 p.m. in the area of Lofas Place at Tuolumne Street. Police were not able to locate any victims.
- At 11:58 p.m. on the 1300 block of Tennessee Street. No victims were found.
The shootings resumed early Sunday and continued throughout the day.
- Police were dispatched at 4:38 a.m. to reports of automatic gunfire on the 500 block of Basalt Drive. Police reported that a female victim was shot in the leg while inside a house. Police said witnesses would not cooperate.
- A 22-year-old Vallejo man was shot in the leg at approximately 5 p.m. while walking on the 800 block of Maine Street.
- Police responded to a call at 5:12 p.m. of seven to eight people fighting in the streets with gunshots being fired. Officers could not find any victims. Police said the people at the scene were not cooperative. The precise location of the reported fight was not released.
- A 19-year-old man said he was shot in the arm while he was in a neighborhood near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. The man walked into Kaiser Permanente Vallejo Medical Center at 10:56 p.m. to get treated for his injury. Police said the man would not provide any details of the shooting.
The weekend’s shootings follow a string of fatal shootings in Vallejo in recent days.
A pair of shootings were reported Dec. 10 – one at 3:40 p.m. on the 1600 block of Fairgrounds Drive and the other at 9:30 p.m. on the 200 block of Tuolumne Street. Each left one man dead. Two women were caught in the crossfire of a gun battle late Dec. 6 outside a rap concert at Dan Foley Park. One of the women died. A man was shot the afternoon of Dec. 5 in the area of Webb and Cedar streets. He died at the hospital.
Anyone with information about any of the shootings is asked to call the Vallejo Police Department at 800-488-9383.
Reach Glen Faison at 427-6925 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GlenFaison.
Glen Faison joined the Daily Republic as managing editor in September 2009. He has worked as a reporter and editor for daily and weekly newspapers in the San Joaquin Valley for 20-plus years. His experience includes time as editor of the Golden Eagle, a military paper serving the Lemoore Naval Air Station. He graduated from Fresno State University with a bachelor's degree in journalism and bleeds Bulldogs red. He is an avid Washington Redskins fan, and attended the 1988 NFC Championship Game against the Minnesota Vikings at RFK Stadium. He married his wife, Jill, in 2005, and has three children: Courtni, Tyler and Hayli.