Local Business

Dutch Bros. opening with free drinks

By From page B9 | April 23, 2014

FAIRFIELD — Free drinks will flow when Dutch Bros. Coffee opens its first Fairfield store on Friday.

The drive-through at 1420 W. Texas St. will give away 16-ounce drinks from 5:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. Drinks include coffee, smoothies, freezes and an energy drink.

Kayleigh and Walker Slover are the owners of the local Dutch Bros. Coffee. The new business will employee 21 baristas. Dutch Bros. has its headquarters in Grants Pass, Ore.

Reach Barry Eberling at 427-6929 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter at www.twitter.com/beberlingdr.

Barry Eberling

Barry Eberling

Barry Eberling has been a reporter with the Daily Republic since 1987. He covers Solano County government, transportation, growth and the environment. He received his bachelors of art degree from the University of California, Santa Barbara and his masters degree in journalism from the University of California, Berkeley.

• CD BrooksApril 22, 2014 - 6:21 am

Looking forward to the opening. But I think I'll take my chances on another day, don't mind paying for my coffee! ;)

• S KApril 22, 2014 - 7:21 am

Along with a donut at the donut shop>>LOL. By the way folks, especially with us having to read Tuesday's paper online, when that, COUNT DOWN, crap page happens, just quickly hit the BACK arrow, and it will take you out of that. As often as this occurs on this crummy site, you will save a LOT of time :-)

• My2centsApril 22, 2014 - 8:46 am

No thanks. I will support local businesses such as Rosanna's and Choco Latte on Texas street for my cup of coffee.

• Mr. PracticalApril 22, 2014 - 7:40 pm

They are a local business.

• McFlyHelloApril 23, 2014 - 5:13 pm

And what makes you think they're not a local business? They are located in Fairfield and they employ locals. What a strange comment, lol.

• clancyApril 22, 2014 - 2:47 pm

I would love to try the vegan restaurant down town but with their hours I will never get the chance.

• D.April 22, 2014 - 5:21 pm

It's not worth dying for a free cup of coffee and that's the risk you can take in this hell hole nowadays. It's target practice for thugs here now.

• 2realApril 22, 2014 - 7:08 pm

I like the free coffee deal they got goin. I had this coffee not too long ago. The prices were high. Lets just say me and the fellas go out to this place for a cup of coffee, well were definately goin dutch haha

• Salty DogApril 23, 2014 - 8:03 am

Nice play on words 2real, I don't know if I want to sit in the long line for the free coffee I will have to see if the wife wants to or not. My daughter loves this place she goes with all her college friends.

• 2realApril 23, 2014 - 4:42 pm

Thanks salty dog... i had to stick and move:)

• CoffeeAddictApril 23, 2014 - 5:16 pm

I would LOVE to show supprt & I've been waiting for this place to open as I am so addicted to coffee. However, offering something free in this dangerous area will attract problems. Not worth losing my life over. Ill stay home & use my Keurig.

• SobreakitdownformeApril 23, 2014 - 8:20 pm

I dont think theres gonna be any problems as far as trouble makers are concern i think theres gonna be long lines though. If i do go this Friday ill have to keep in mind not to go at peak hours. Never tried this place but I feel as a Fairfield resident who discusses the lost of business to other cities or about creating a better community I need to go support a business who is taking a chance on Fairfield. I encourage everyone from Fairfield to take at least one trip to this business as a measure of thanks and actually buy something and not just take something for free. I drove by it today amd the small building actually looked nice, especially if you looked around, and wish these guys the best luck. By the way does anyone know whats good to get if I dont drink coffee? I sae their menu online and thought the green apple smoothie sound good but if anyone has recommendations im opened ear.